Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
churchill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quote

I'm about to donwload a fresh copy of phpnuke, and secure it as much as possible with the patches that are available, etc. I read somewhere that is better to just download the phpnuke 7.6 + patch + sentinel package (ravennuke76?) that raven has on this site, but my question is, if I install that, are there further patches that have been released since that I would need to apply?

obviously once it's up and running I'd keep an eye out for installing future patches, but I want to know what the best starting point is for a new fresh install.

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote

I know if Raven has it available, I can assure you it is very, very secure. But if you do not want all the addons within Ravens package I would download PHP-Nuke 7.6.0.3.1b from NSN, but you would have to install NukeSentinel(tm) yourself. I believe Ravens 7.6 has this already added to it.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:06 pm Reply with quote

In addition to what Nukeum66 said, RavenNuke76 is current with patches.

BTW, welcome back Nukeum66! It's been a while, no?

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it's been a while, but with ciold weather now in play my work has slowed down some and I should be around more.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:13 am Reply with quote

churchill wrote:
I'm about to donwload a fresh copy of phpnuke, and secure it as much as possible with the patches that are available, etc. I read somewhere that is better to just download the phpnuke 7.6 + patch + sentinel package (ravennuke76?) that raven has on this site, but my question is, if I install that, are there further patches that have been released since that I would need to apply?

obviously once it's up and running I'd keep an eye out for installing future patches, but I want to know what the best starting point is for a new fresh install.

There are no extra's in this distro as of yet. It is fully up to date with all patches and NukeSentinel(tm).

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:15 am Reply with quote

Nukeum66 wrote:
Yes, it's been a while, but with ciold weather now in play my work has slowed down some and I should be around more.

I see the reports of your demise are somewhat exagerated ROTFL

Read this thread - it says you are dead - [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote

Not dead yet! ...... LOL!

The site is not dead, just a bit slow. As for the reports of people not being able to login I have no clue what is going on because I have no trouble at logging in as a registered member.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:21 am Reply with quote

Have you considered Raven Web Services? ROTFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic