Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
FiLiUsEvAe
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote

Gawd here I am breaking my fingers over getting my site W3C HTML ok ... just because I saw the icon at the bottom of this site hahaha.

So well after a total phase of braindead a smart idea entered my head.

CHECK IT!!!

So I checked .... put this site into the validator ....... guess what????? It's NOT valid hahahaha

I should've checked before I started breaking my head over it UGH.

Oh I heard 64bitguy is working on getting nuke ok with W3C Smile I can't wait but in the meanwhile I'll try to get my site straight.

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Do you know 1 error is enough and your site isn´t W3C valid.
For example my start page is valid, but I wrote a new story with some br tags. Checked my site today and new surprise:

2 errors and of course "This page is not Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional!"
"end tag for element "BR" which is not open"
Easily to fix, but there are other errors from the forums like" document type does not allow element "HTML" here.
<html dir="ltr">
And this isn´t easy to fix, I quess.

FiLiUsEvAe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Oh I know very well it's hard to get it right and to keep it right Smile it's just a challenge to keep it valid ... well I'll have to make it valid first Cool lol

So far I fixed 20 errors ... started with 54 ... this is going to take a lifetime

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Yes. it´s a hard job to get nuke W3C valid.Therefore I find it´s great that 64bitguy is working on that typical nuke problem.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote

FiLiUsEvAe wrote:
Gawd here I am breaking my fingers over getting my site W3C HTML ok ... just because I saw the icon at the bottom of this site hahaha.

So well after a total phase of braindead a smart idea entered my head.

CHECK IT!!!

So I checked .... put this site into the validator ....... guess what????? It's NOT valid hahahaha

I should've checked before I started breaking my head over it UGH.

Oh I heard 64bitguy is working on getting nuke ok with W3C Smile I can't wait but in the meanwhile I'll try to get my site straight.

I have never said my site was W3C because it isn't. If you read more closely at the bottom. It says the THEME is 100% compliant. It doesn't say the site is Smile

Last edited by Raven on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total 
jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote

I could personally not have agreed more but I was waiting for Raven to reply first. Your post was confrontational from the first word with "Gawd" in that manner. All you had to do was ask or even post your comments more kindly. Raven never claims anything that isn't. He would never mislead someone. Wink

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:15 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
You said "Ha Ha Ha". With that attitude, go somewhere else. I don't need it...

Heh! The Dutch sure have a way with words, don't they? Wink

Personally, I take validators (W3C included) with a grain of salt. I love it when you have, like, 638 errors, because you forgot to close a paragraph tag, or whatever -- you fix that one thing, recheck, and then you only have 203 errors -- fix one more thing, then you're down to 96 errors -- you know? Rolling Eyes

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote

I´m not often in Netherlands but it´s not far away. I understand only a few words Dutch but I believe that the ability to communicate with others don´t depend on nationality but more on social and people skills. Cool

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:08 pm Reply with quote

VinDSL wrote:
Personally, I take validators (W3C included) with a grain of salt. I love it when you have, like, 638 errors, because you forgot to close a paragraph tag, or whatever -- you fix that one thing, recheck, and then you only have 203 errors -- fix one more thing, then you're down to 96 errors -- you know? Rolling Eyes

That's the domino effect. It's not unique with validators, for sure. Compilers are the same way. The PHP Interpreter is too, except they have programmed it to just stop after the first fatal error. Then you peel the onion.

FiLiUsEvAe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote

I was laughing at myself .... my own stupidity Shocked *shrugs* maybe next time i should post a webcam pic with my bumped face on it

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Then I humbly apologize and will fix those posts. Sorry!

FiLiUsEvAe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote

apologies accepted ofcourse Smile
sh*t happens ... all I can say is that I have every respect for those who code/script PHP and can get stuff like nuke happening. I'm already happy if I can get a "hello world" on my screen Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic