Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro
Dacubz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote

I uploaded all of the files, and the new mainfile.php brings a blank page when I hit my site. When I put my old mainfile back, all is well. I even completely deleted and uploaded the new mainfile with the same result. Ideas?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quote

None at all. Try setting $display_errors=TRUE; in config.php and see if any error is displayed on your screen.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote

this is what I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sql_connect() in /home/mazxorga/public_html/mainfile.php on line 223

and this is line 223:

$dbi = sql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote

It would appear that maybe not all of the files got ftp'd correctly. Verify that you have all the files in your db folder.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote

I deleted and reloaded the entire db folder and the new mainfile. same result... Bang Head

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:22 pm Reply with quote

What are you using in your config.php?
Is your database type set to "MySQL"

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Dacubz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote

It is MySQL, I'm stumped on this one. The working mainfile has this instead:

$dbi = $db->db_connect_id;

evaders99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:38 pm Reply with quote

Actually that was changed in the Patched files, though the concept was good, it ended up being flawed. It was changed back to
Code:

$dbi = sql_connect($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname);

Do you have the following code to load the correct db file? It was also changed in the latest Patched files
Code:

if(defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
  define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../../');
} elseif(defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
  define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../');
} else {
  define('INCLUDE_PATH', './');
}

@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."config.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."db/db.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/sql_layer.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/ipban.php");
if (file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) {
  @include_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php");
}

Dacubz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:19 am Reply with quote

The file that I tried was Raven's newest recently released 76distro, so yes the file is correct.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:49 pm Reply with quote

So, is this a dead issue now? What can I possibly do to get running correctly again?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:32 pm Reply with quote

It's not a dead issue. But, if you install the distro fresh out of the box, it does work.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote

I got it working now Very Happy I guess that my ftp program didn't upload properly. This seems to be a recurring issue. I use smartftp, is there a reliable ftp program out there that actually uploads and overwrites and lets you know if there's a problem doing so?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote

So, my 2nd post was a pretty good pointer Laughing ? I always recommend WsFTP.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote

I second Raven's motion for WS-FTP. I have used about 10 different clients and I always go back to WS-FTP.

southern
Client

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:21 pm Reply with quote

Filezilla rules Smile But I have a question that pertains to mainfile.php. The Raven76 distro comes bundled with NukeSentinel 2.4.2, OK? Ok so far but I notice in the mainfile included with the package there is no NukeSentinel code after the opening tag, it seems you have to put it in yourself... OK I did that, using the Edits for Core Files folder nuke76.txt
Code:

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
   @require_once("../../../config.php");
   @require_once("../../../db/db.php");
   @require_once("../../../includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   //@require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
   @include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
   @require_once("../../config.php");
   @require_once("../../db/db.php");
   @require_once("../../includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   //@require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
   @include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} else {
   @require_once("config.php");
   @require_once("db/db.php");
   @require_once("includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   //@require_once("includes/ipban.php");
   @include_once("includes/nukesentinel.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
}

I also put in the other bit in function online
Code:

function online() {
  global $nsnst_const, $user, $cookie, $prefix, $db;
  if(!file_exists('includes/nukesentinel.php')) {
    $ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
  } else {
    $ip = $nsnst_const['remote_ip'];
  }

Now I have a couple questions: Why isn't the NukeSentinel code already in the mainfile.php, and header.php for that matter? There is a custom_files folder in the distro's /includes folder but there is only an index.html in it, there is no custom_head.php or custom_header.php or custom_mainfile.php files. What are these files and do they only pertain to IPBan, which I don't use anyway? If I ran this I'd get a file not found error.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote

It is. Take out the code you've added and do a search for nukesentinel. Better yet, restore my mainfile.php and then do a search. If it wasn't already in there then you couldn't get to NukeSentinel(tm) from the admin screen.

southern

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Why so it is Smile I have become so accustomed to the NukeSentinel code at the top of mainfile that it confused me to not see it there in the distro mainfile- but it is all integrated. I've restored your files to pristine condition!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Oh ye of little faith ..... ROTFL RavensScripts

southern

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote

It is just I believe in magic but don't know it when I see it Smile Alas, Raven, I cannot install your distro as it is for a fresh install. I took a look at the ravennuke.sql and there are no 'drop table if exist' lines so it would not load.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and drop your tables. I do not wish to be responsible for deleting anyone's tables.

southern

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:10 pm Reply with quote

If I drop my tables I would lose everything I've put on my site. I don't want to be responsible for that! I really like the Raven76 distro but I think it is best for a new domain when I get it, and I will just upgrade my site the standarrd, non-magic way.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote

You confused me ROTFL

You mentioned the drop issue so I though that's what you wanted. Yes, it's as I stated in the distro or forums or both. It is for fresh installs. However, I have described the process for using existing data in another post but I don't have that handy.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v1.x Distro

View next topic
View previous topic