Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
edkiefer
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote

I am looking for a gift certificate block or module that uses paypal. Any suggestions?

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote

How do you intend to use this? What will the primary functions be?

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
edkiefer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote

It's for a cafe. There will be $5, $10, and $25 dollar gift certificates. When they click on one it will be a paypal buy now button then (this is the part I don't know how to do) once they complete the paypal process they will be able to print out a gift certificate. I don't want them to be able to print more than one.
Hope that makes sense.

jaded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:38 am Reply with quote

Well, I know of something that will "mostly" do what you want. The main question that I have for you is this.

How do you intend to stop them from reproducing the certificate? As we all know anything that is printed is automaticly able to reprinted. There is no way to stop that. If your system is going to use some sort of identification code that is assigned to each winner and can only be used by them, that is an additional part that must be coded. You would also have to tell people that the certificates are non transferable.

Let me see what I can find out for you.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote

Each certificate should have a unique id number so that you can trace which are valid and which have been used already.

edkiefer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote

chatserv wrote:
Each certificate should have a unique id number so that you can trace which are valid and which have been used already.

Excellent idea. I have no idea how to do that. I could just refer to a page that says please print out your paypal receipt, that has a unique receipt number on it.

jaded

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote

Here is another option that I found for you. It is not a module but may work for you anyway.

On the paypal website you can do the following.

Introduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sell your own personalized gift certificates on your website for free using PayPal. Anyone with a Premier or Business account can easily create and sell customized gift certificates on the web in just minutes.

Merchant Gift Certificates are:
Customizable: Create your gift certificates exactly the way you want by setting amounts, adding colors, importing images and making advanced HTML edits.

Easy: Publish your Buy a Gift Certificate buttons on your website in minutes. Our system processes your gift certificate sales and redemptions, sends receipt emails to you and your customers and records every transaction in your account.

Cost-effective: Gift certificates have no setup costs or hidden fees. You pay only the standard payment receiving fee at the time of redemption, and nothing more.

Profitable: Increase purchases, attract new customers and grow sales when customers redeem gift certificates on your website. Research shows that customers spend more when they redeem gift certificates.

Use the links on the left column of this page to learn about PayPal's Merchant Gift Certificate program.

I hope that this works for you or that you contact chatserv about making your module. Dance-Y

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic