Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:22 pm Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got a question i hope can be answered or fixed. If not i'm dumping my domain for another.

I think i've been hacked hardcore , i thought and others thought my host was down when i got this error this morn when i brought up [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Quote:

Sorry can't allow you access today!

and i can't even get into my main menu for the site , only my [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I called my host and he said he wasn't down and we checked everything and even he can't get it working and immediately said i was hacked. I can't get into my main menu like i said to check whats goin on but i know from where me and my host is standing we are powerless in fixing it. I reported this to the fbi in minot, north dakota and they are investigating this to find out who did it and will prosecute whomever has done this to me thankfully . I am just asking my fellow nukers for help.

heres the site in question [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] i posted above also but just in case. If anyone feels they can help pm me back and ill give you ftp details and whatnot.

Raven if you need my ftp or whatever i will give it to you i can't access that htaccess file and delete it like that guy said in this post
Quote:
Mesum:
Ok, first thought, your host upgraded something on the server and forgot to add few things in config file.
2nd thought, you are using mod_rewrite and that's messing up your site, remove your htaccess file right away and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Travis

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote

PM me your ftp url/id/pass and site url/id/pass

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:41 pm Reply with quote

PM me here, at my site, not Nuke Cops.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:02 pm Reply with quote

k im sending it now

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Everything I can find on this says your server administrator needs to fix it. have you talked with them?

Quote:
CAUSE
The resource being accessed is not available on the Web server.

This error is reserved for use by the server administrator to let you know that the resource that you have requested will no longer be available at the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) used. This error should be used in instances where a typical "HTTP 404 - Page Not Found" is not entirely correct because it is known that the resource will never be available at the specified URL again.

WORKAROUND
Contact the server administrator to find out the new URL for the resource, if one is available.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:33 pm Reply with quote

yeah he can't even access it. just wait let me call him and get back to you.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Have him refer to this article also [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:41 pm Reply with quote

More ...

Resolving 410 errors - general
Your server does have some record of the requested URL, but now believes that this URL should be serviced by a different Web server. The 410 error indicates a complete dead-end. The URL is effectively useless, and there is no clue as to an alternative Web server or URL which might be used instead.

If the URL really should be alive, then there is something fundamentally wrong with the setup of your Web server. You should see a similar 'not found' message when you try to access your site using any Web browser. Refer this to the Webmaster of your Web site.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quote

Ok my host got this email back from the server people whos server it runs off.

Quote:
regarding the account for matternwebdesign.com, there are PHP scripts
on the accounts that were running and causing the server to come to a
crawl due to the excesive server resources that these scripts were
using.

turns out i guess all the extra blocks im adding made the server come to a crawl..

so..time to delete everything so they'll turn it back on.

Also i went to microsoft about an hour ago and looked that error and got this HTTP 410 - Permanently not available- Miscrosoft

Thanks Raven,
Travis Mattern

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote

Blocks shouldn't cause that. And, that's pretty cheap to shut you off w/o contacting you. I'd find a new host if it were me. In any event, they can look at their server logs and tell you precisely what links are causing their/your load issues. That way you can pinpoint what you need to address.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Can you look at them logs for me so i know what to delete? It wasn't my host keith who did it , it was the guys who provide the servers in california , he lives in williston with me and hes 45 he would never have done that . He thought it was really shitty of them to not contact him first to contact me so i could try to fix it too. Well even though that sucks i am happy to know i wasn't being hacked again. Maybe we can go through together and delete unnecessary crap in my [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I don't know about what would have done this and maybe need your experience also. I'm thankful for your support and that you have been tryin to help me in every way so far also. Keith said i have unlimited bandwidth and can have as many mgs of storage as i want he said it's not that that caused it it was a file or files i added "phpscripts" which caused not only my website but others on his server to crawl.

Thanks Raven,
Travis Mattern

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Then he, as your host, needs to look at the server logs or contact his support at the data center and have them tell him, to tell you, exactly what was happening to the server at that moment. They can do that and it is their responsibility. You and I don't have access to that level of the server logs.

I can tell you this because as a host myself, I just had to deal with a like situation last week. And my host was able to tell me exactly what forum link wascausing the overload on one of my customer's site. BTW, it was Google Tap, as usual, that was the culprit. We turned off GT and all went back to normal.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:44 pm Reply with quote

Well im goin to delete all of the blocks i added in last 3 days. Also i told keith to ask them guys to tell him exactly what day this started and for the logs to see what links ( blocks whatever ) were overloading the server. Because keith says they refuse to talk to anyone but the actual host. Sad

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:14 pm Reply with quote

Hey raven can you do me one more favor and delete the folders titled "nuke" and "home" it's not working for me because im on dial-up

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quote

Done.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Thank You very much i also deleted like 20 of the 30 blocks i had installed. He said he'd have them turn it back on in the morn so i can use the menu and see whats wrong and also have them email me the log probs with links they see. Smile If you want ill post further details tomorrow for you ok.

Thanks again Raven!

Travis Mattern

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:32 pm Reply with quote

NP. Glad I could help. I would like to know what they tell you.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quote

Also they said if i wanted all that on their i have to get dedicated server... what the hell? I see alot of sites will way more than i had , are they dedicated? Look at all of mtechniks stuff [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] he has on their he must have that then too lol. My host asked me to ask you if you have one but i said i didn't think so because you don't add all that crap like me to your site it's clean.

Also you know how or where i can edit the theme as a default. Theres a mod or block whatever i know but i can't find it , it lets you set the default theme in the admin panel.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:53 pm Reply with quote

that mrxknown was askin i added it but i forgot the link and was thinkin you can edit the default them in either the index.php or the config.php wasn't quite sure.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quote

I can host you. Let me know your space and bandwidth requirements and I'll shoot you a quote. We do watch server loads very closely.

The default_theme can be edited directly in phpMyAdmin - config table.

Last edited by Raven on Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total 
JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote

K, Thanks apparently they watch too lol

Quote:
The default_theme can be edited directly in phpMyAdmin - config table.

Is that the actual file name?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Table name, not filename. And the column is Default_Theme.

JesseJames

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:16 pm Reply with quote

k Thanks i gotta head to bed this -50 weather and 3 feet - 4 feet of drifted snow i had to shovel to get wife out wore me out.

Thanks bud,
Travis Mattern

JesseJames

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:29 pm Reply with quote

Hey Raven can you check in my ftp to see if i deleted something i shouldn't have its back up now but i get an error on the main nuke site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Your host/data-center still has you messed up. Looks like they're blocking access to *.php files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic