Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Whitta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I know some of you are gonna say I need to read and all that, but I just can't find this anywhere or figure it out on my own. I'm trying to install the Nuke version: rwsRavenNuke76_v1.02.00_FULL. Here's the SQL problem I've got:

Code:
// **************************************************************************************************

// Added by Raven 11/23/2005 to automatically populate original settings from nuke's config.php file
// **************************************************************************************************
require_once("../config.php");
$db_server   = localhost;
$db_name     = nations-_nuke;
$db_username = nations-;
$db_password = ******;
// Added by Raven 11/23/2005 to automatically populate original settings from nuke's config.php file

//$db_server   = "localhost";
//$db_name     = "";
//$db_username = "";
//$db_password = "";

// Other Settings

$filename        = "";     // Specify the dump filename to suppress the file selection dialog
$linespersession = 5000;   // Lines to be executed per one import session
$delaypersession = 1000;      // You can specify a sleep time in milliseconds after each session
                           // Works only if JavaScript is activated. Use to reduce server overrun

// Allowed comment delimiters: lines starting with these strings will be dropped by BigDump

$comment[0]="#";           // Standard comment lines are dropped by default
$comment[1]="-- ";
// $comment[2]="---";      // Uncomment this line if using proprietary dump created by outdated mysqldump
// $comment[3]="";         // Or add your own string to leave out other proprietary things

//

Thanks to anybody how is nice enough to help me. Very Happy

Whitta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:35 pm Reply with quote

Okay, so I got past that problem by actually reading the included files. Laughing

But now I have a new problem. I get the following error:

Quote:

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server Configuration Table - It's missing.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

I looked at the readme and it says: If you receive this message:
"There seems to be a problem with the $dbtype server Configuration Table - It's missing.<br><br>Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.<br /><br />We should be back shortly.", that means that there is no nuke_config table in the database, which means that your load of meganuke.sql did not work correctly."

However, upon inspection of the database, I see that my nuke_config table is there. So, I don't know what my problem is.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:31 am Reply with quote

Whitta wrote:
Okay, I know some of you are gonna say I need to read and all that, but I just can't find this anywhere or figure it out on my own. I'm trying to install the Nuke version: rwsRavenNuke76_v1.02.00_FULL. Here's the SQL problem I've got:

Code:

require_once("../config.php");
$db_server   = localhost;
$db_name     = nations-_nuke;
$db_username = nations-;
$db_password = ******;

//$db_server   = "localhost";
//$db_name     = "";
//$db_username = "";
//$db_password = "";

// Other Settings

$filename        = "";     // Specify the dump filename to suppress the file selection dialog
$linespersession = 5000;   // Lines to be executed per one import session
$delaypersession = 1000;      // You can specify a sleep time in milliseconds after each session
                           // Works only if JavaScript is activated. Use to reduce server overrun

// Allowed comment delimiters: lines starting with these strings will be dropped by BigDump

$comment[0]="#";           // Standard comment lines are dropped by default
$comment[1]="-- ";
// $comment[2]="---";      // Uncomment this line if using proprietary dump created by outdated mysqldump
// $comment[3]="";         // Or add your own string to leave out other proprietary things

//

Thanks to anybody how is nice enough to help me. Very Happy

You should not change anything in that file. Just populate your config.php file and leave the install file as it was.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:33 am Reply with quote

Whitta wrote:
Okay, so I got past that problem by actually reading the included files. Laughing

But now I have a new problem. I get the following error:

Quote:

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server Configuration Table - It's missing.

I looked at the readme and it says: If you receive this message:
"There seems to be a problem with the $dbtype server Configuration Table - It's missing.<br><br>Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.<br /><br />We should be back shortly.", that means that there is no nuke_config table in the database, which means that your load of meganuke.sql did not work correctly."

However, upon inspection of the database, I see that my nuke_config table is there. So, I don't know what my problem is.

It means that your MySQL settings in your config.php file are not correct. Or, because you messed with the installation file, it may be messed up there.

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote

Awesome, that did the trick!

However, now I havve a new problem. I deleted the installation folder as was told soon thereafter, but I get blank pages. Any advice?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quote

Set $display_errors=TRUE; in your config.php and see if that tells you anything.

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:56 am Reply with quote

I've done that and it said that the theme Deep Blue wasn't valid. So, I had to put that in there, lol. Thanks for your help thus far.

I've got a new problem though. I created the super admin but when I try to login, it just goes to the same login page.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quote

Drop your database, recreate it, and reinstall.

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:01 am Reply with quote

Haha, okay....doing that now. May I ask why that's necessary though?

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:07 am Reply with quote

Okay, reinstalled and got this error yet again:

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the mysql4 server Configuration Table - It's missing.

However, I'm running it off of the right SQL and the table is there.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote

Why did you change the $dbtype setting? Leave it at $dbtype="MySQL";

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:18 am Reply with quote

Okay, okay, okay, I must really stupid and doing something wrong. My database type is MySQL 4.0.16. I redumped and reinstalled the database with the dbtype MySQL and got the same error as I did before:

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the mysql4 server Configuration Table - It's missing.

The installation files have not been touched and the config has been done perfectly. I don't know what else to say.

Quote:
$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuname = "nations-_admin";
$dbpass = "*******";
$dbname = "nations-_nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";
$sitekey = "SeFg*fa28367-dm56w69.3a2fDS+f6";
$gfx_chk = 0;
$subscription_url = "";
$admin_file = "admin";
$tipath = "images/topics/";
$display_errors = true;

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:23 am Reply with quote

My apologies. I should have asked and not assumed. When you remade your database, did you remember to add the user to the database?

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote

Yes, with my webhosting, it's a required step. In order for me to proceed, I must add a user. I did so and with the right one.

If you didn't notice, I put the edited config info in the last post, maybe that will shed light?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:30 am Reply with quote

Well, it's a MySQL setup issue. Are you sure you're supposed to have the - in the names?

Whitta

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:34 am Reply with quote

Yeah, it's part of the way the webhosting does their prefix's.

Here's how I "solved" the issue. I think it's solved at least. I edited my config two more times after the install. First, I edited the db in the config to mysql4 to get the "installation folder is still there" error. Then, I deleted that folder, and I went and changed the db BACK to MySQL.

It seems to have worked. Any problems you can foresee?

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quote

Well, you have to delete or rename the INSTALLATION folder to get access. So, that was more than likely your problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic