Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro
Lateron
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:25 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

I just installed my first virgin Cust Distro site and each page has ?> in the top left-hand corner. Despite this all pages so far appear to display correctly. What file do I need to edit to fix that?

The one exception is this: if I try to access the forums via the admin panel, I get a blank page with the ?> in the top right corner.

On the welcoming message with your banner etc, if I try to edit the message I get a page saying that some of the HTML tags are not allowed in phpNuke. Can I get around that?

Here is the site : http://www.tscalumni.net

Thanks,
Ron.....

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:05 pm Reply with quote

Did you use the raven-nuke.sql to install the db tables? The ?> looks like it may be in the my_header.php or meta.php in the includes folder (more likely just a typo)

Now the HTML problem might be due to a word you are trying to use in a URL see this post: http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt883.html#5261

This is the first I've heard of the forum from admin doing this, make sure all the files were uploaded. Check admin/links/ to see if this file links.forums.php is there and modules/Forums/admin/index.php

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Scott.

Nukeum66 wrote:
Did you use the raven-nuke.sql to install the db tables?

I used phpMyAdmin and installed raven-nuke.sql

Quote:
The ?> looks like it may be in the my_header.php or meta.php in the includes folder (more likely just a typo)

I thought that too but I am blowed if I can find it.

Quote:
Now the HTML problem might be due to a word you are trying to use in a URL see this post: http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postt883.html#5261

All I have tried to do here is edit the original text (FP's "Congratulations! You have now a web portal installed!. You can edit or change thismessage from the Administration page. etc") from the message below Raven's message in the table until I have everything set up.

Quote:
This is the first I've heard of the forum from admin doing this, make sure all the files were uploaded. Check admin/links/ to see if this file links.forums.php is there and modules/Forums/admin/index.php

No, those files are all there.

I know this is supposed to be used for virgin installs (and this one was). The first time I installed it the other day was over the top of an existing V7 site and had no problems whatsoever. I don't understand why they should occur on a virgin install.

Ron...

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Did you get this from here? Laughing

I tested the release installing, reinstalling, and never ran into this.

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I downloaded it from here on the 24th.

They are only minor problems except for forums/admin.

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Look at this post see if it helps http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts557-highlightblank.html

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Have you installed ( Stop count increase for authors )?

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Nukeum66 wrote:
Have you installed ( Stop count increase for authors )?

Yes, I also have that installed on my other Raven distro site (in my profile) and it works OK.

I have removed it here though and didn't help.

Ron..

Last edited by Lateron on Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Nukeum66 wrote:
Look at this post see if it helps http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/posts557-highlightblank.html

I just tried that without success.

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Nukeum66 wrote:

I have just re-uploaded those files but that didn't help either.

Ron...

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help, Scott Very Happy , I am off to work now and will have to leave it until I get home tonight.

Cheers,
Ron...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Ron,

If you do a virgin install and only modify the config.php, does the problem still happen?

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Ron,

If you do a virgin install and only modify the config.php, does the problem still happen?

This was a completely virgin install with only the config.php changed, Raven. The ?> and the missing forums admin panel have been there since the start.

I have made some mods to the theme but these were done after the installation.

I only have 28.8 dialup so to do it all again would take hours.

Ron...

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:55 pm Reply with quote

I am going to delete everything and start again. This will take some time and I will let you know when I have finished.

Thanks, Raven and Scott.

Ron...

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:56 pm Reply with quote

My guess would be either the config.php is messed up after editing it or not all files got uploaded. I know that literally hundreds of installs have been done both before and after release so the distro is sound (not that you are saying it isn't). My point is that it's got to be something that happened afterwards. Please zip your config.php file and email it to me. Thanks.

Lateron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Raven & Scott,

I just reloaded all the directories admin through languages and it looks as though everything is working now. There must have been an error somewhere in the original loading of the files.

That's a relief!

I appreciate your help so much. Thank you.

Ron...

Nukeum66

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Oh, that's Great! Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's v7.0 Customized Distro

View next topic
View previous topic