Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel™
Author Message
_level_
New Member
New Member


Joined: Nov 13, 2005
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:27 am Reply with quote

ok i installed nuke sentinel on my site and the forum didnt load didnt understand what i did wrong didnt really do nothing wrong in the read me for nuke sen it says to open mainfile.php and edit it putt

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
@include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
@include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} else {
@include_once("includes/nukesentinel.php");
}

that code right after the opening tag well i did and forum didnt load after looking over and over at this code i seen the problem...
the first include once code has ../../../includes/nukesentinel.php and the second one has ../../includes/nukesentinel.php any ways i notice that the first include once code should be the same as the second not 3 just 2 so that is the coders mistake on why the forum didnt load figured you all wanted to know that so in later versions you can fix that problem.
 
View user's profile Send private message
chatserv
Member Emeritus


Joined: May 02, 2003
Posts: 1389
Location: Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:07 pm Reply with quote

Residing in the forum's admin section you would need to roll back to:
the forum's main folder
the modules folder
Nuke's main folder
so the line is correct.
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
_level_
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Well what i did was opened the mainfile.php and just took out the exra ../ in the first include once code and now my forum loads correctly.
 
BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing


Joined: Oct 30, 2002
Posts: 1037
Location: RedNeck Land (known as Kentucky)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote

_level_ wrote:
ok i installed nuke sentinel on my site and the forum didnt load didnt understand what i did wrong didnt really do nothing wrong in the read me for nuke sen it says to open mainfile.php and edit it putt

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
@include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
@include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} else {
@include_once("includes/nukesentinel.php");
}

that code right after the opening tag well i did and forum didnt load after looking over and over at this code i seen the problem...
the first include once code has ../../../includes/nukesentinel.php and the second one has ../../includes/nukesentinel.php any ways i notice that the first include once code should be the same as the second not 3 just 2 so that is the coders mistake on why the forum didnt load figured you all wanted to know that so in later versions you can fix that problem.


Since the Forums admin run from modules/Forums/admin/.... the ../../../ is correct. Some servers are just enough different that "Normal" setups do not work correctly.

_________________
Bob Marion
Codito Ergo Sum
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
_level_
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote

ok but man we are not talking about the forum admin folder the code if you looked at it says includes folder for the nukesentinel.php file thats how it was going if you look both lines are wrong in away
@include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
@include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");

tehy look for the same file yet its going to the wrong place now why is it that when i removed the ../ from the first line my forum admin loaded up
 
chatserv
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Oh but we are talking about the forum admin folder, read the first line in the code:
Code:
if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {

the only place where FORUM_ADMIN will be defined is in the forum's admin section.
 
_level_
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote

ok if we are then take your time to tell me how to fix the problem correctly cause when that ../ is in the first include code forum wont load when its not forum loads whats the correct way to fix the problem?
 
BobMarion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote

In your case with your server it requires one less ../, however on all the servers I have used and tested on it does require the three../../../ be used. Each server is defined by it's setup, software, and how you have your site arranged. Minor changes like this need to be made on rare servers so we code to the "Norm" server setup. For you it is incorrect and for most of the net it is correct.
 
_level_
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:24 pm Reply with quote

if thats the case then shouldnt you people learn to do a read me haft nice i mean really if what your saying is right then maybe you all should have put in that if the fiorum admin didnt load then you should remove that i guess you people dont think about that really if you make a code script program dont matter you at less put it all in dont leave nothing out and if what you say is true that means i was right any ways regardless it was a mistake in the read me because A: the information to remove that extra line was not given you all didnt say that you figured it would work and also B: you didnt really answer any question i stated basicly i was right any ways the mistake was that you did not add all the information you should have in the read me...
not to sound like a dick head here but honestly when you do a read me you normaly state out any errors and problems and all that if the case is that code was for normal set up servers you should have put that in saying that if it didnt load to do this and that make things simple instead of confusing
 
chatserv
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Why not add something like this to a readme? in my case only one reason stands out, this is the first time anyone comes up with such a problem.

Now let's try to take out any of the usual mistakes aside, are you using nuke patched on your nuke site? regardless of the answer open your db.php, modules/Forums/common.php, modules/Forums/admin/pagestart.php and mainfile.php, do a search for $forum_admin, if you find even one instance there's your problem, if not then it would be what Bob stated.
 
BobMarion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Also, your case is the first case that this has needed to be changed to my knowledge. Therefore how could I/We have included it in a readme if it had not been reported.
Quote:
Minor changes like this need to be made on rare servers
This issue is so rare that including it in hte readme would be mostly a cause for confusion. Like I just stated yours is the first case this has been mentioned to me in any way. Out of the thousands of downloads on my site, and the countless downloads on other sites this is less then .01% chance this will occur.

It is very easy to claim it is a mistake by someone else when it really is not a mistake. If I/We included every possible case the download would excede real limits in size not to mention be so confusing to the general public.
 
_level_
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:21 pm Reply with quote

rare you say what ever the thing is man honestly when ya do a script program code what ever you site and test it out you say rare server like it never took place yet i have talked to a few people that had the same problem before how rare is it i mean honestly.
and what i would love to know is the simple fact as why didnt the forum admin load up with the orginal code there also why did the forum admin load up after that was tooken out i do know the code trys to find a file located in the includes folder why are the two lines diff any how shouldnt the two lines be the same what is that extra ../ for in the first include once code see these are things you should state because honestly i bet my life that i can install php 7.6.2b on a good server and install this same nuke sen on the site and have the same problem but i would love to know those simple 3 things.
 
chatserv
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Most of us have been around for a bit and have seen a lot of these problems, for instance if you had not been able to view the forums, private messages and member_list modules it would mean you need to edit the forum's config.php and leave only the following line between the php tags:
Code:
define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);

If on the other hand you can view those modules but get a blank page in the forum's admin section it means one or more of the files i listed above still use $forum_admin, as an example modules/Forums/admin/pagestart.php should have near the start:
Code:
define('FORUM_ADMIN', true);

and not:
Code:
$forum_admin=1;

The $forum_admin variable issue is a known vulnerability that has been discussed on many sites.
 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner


Joined: Aug 27, 2002
Posts: 17077

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote

_level_ wrote:
rare you say what ever the thing is man honestly when ya do a script program code what ever you site and test it out you say rare server like it never took place yet i have talked to a few people that had the same problem before how rare is it i mean honestly.
and what i would love to know is the simple fact as why didnt the forum admin load up with the orginal code there also why did the forum admin load up after that was tooken out i do know the code trys to find a file located in the includes folder why are the two lines diff any how shouldnt the two lines be the same what is that extra ../ for in the first include once code see these are things you should state because honestly i bet my life that i can install php 7.6.2b on a good server and install this same nuke sen on the site and have the same problem but i would love to know those simple 3 things.

I would challenge you with a similar challenge. Why have 99% of the people who have the same setup experience no problems at all with the include structure? That's how we are able to say it is rare, as it works in all the other cases.
 
View user's profile Send private message
_level_
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:49 pm Reply with quote

thats true i mean of cours the forum_admin=1 is gone from it i get that but the php i installed has that before i came to this foruma nd even desided to post i did check all the files every one in the entire forums module for that just to be safe i searched each one for $forum_admin and came up with nothing means that code wasnt used no where in the forums module yet i still got a blank page and with the php installed code that is already in there it had to do with that one extra line in the nuke sen for mainfile.php..
 
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel™

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©