Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
tag
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote

The bans on NSNS are not being sent to the database.

Thank you for your help

it says it is Sent 3.0
phpnuke 7.5

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:49 am Reply with quote

hi tag,

you kind of suprise me to post a problem twise.
if its not writing to the db,or a block that doesnt show the blocked ip..
naturaly you know the block shows whats in the db.
so posting the same problem twice is confusing..

i just tested it in a few ways and sentinel works great ,blocked 200.200.200.200 just for fun and it shows perfectly
so its not a sentinel problem,but maybe the pached is...
or something went wrong,or just install it again...clean i mean...

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote

Actually I posted two different problems.... the one you answered was to the database.

I have reinstalled it about 5 times, this is the first time I got everything on the site working, reinstalling it again would serve no purpose.

I need to know what it stopping it from writing to the database.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:34 am Reply with quote

well my guess would be your patched version.

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:33 am Reply with quote

hmmmm

the patched version came off this site, sentinel came off this site.

Sentinel set up the sentinel database, therefore it should be able to read from that database...

If you have something to actually point to other than the hundreds or so files in the patch please share the info.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote

no not realy.
i know that sentinel works perfectly without any problems.
so its to be expected that if something isnt working properly it is causede by nuke together with any patched file it uses.
a long time ago woth oldfer version it was a tiny bug that in some cases ip's werent added to the db,but only those that were added manualy.
a simular thing reads at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
but you can also pm raven to have a look.. Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:56 am Reply with quote

no not realy.
i know that sentinel works perfectly without any problems.
so its to be expected that if something isnt working properly it is causede by nuke together with any patched file it uses.
a long time ago woth oldfer version it was a tiny bug that in some cases ip's werent added to the db,but only those that were added manualy.
a simular thing reads at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
but you can also pm raven to have a look.. Smile

tag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:37 pm Reply with quote

OK done we will see if that worked.

The line didnt match up perfect but it was close so just ahve to wait for another attack.

tag

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote

Well ok that didnt work..

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 am Reply with quote

did you tried to add an ip manualy ?

Dacubz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:17 am Reply with quote

After searching, I found this thread. I'm running 7.6 patched 3.1 with Sentinel 2.42 and have the same problem. I get the email alert, but the IP isn't being added. I can add manually, but that's it. Not running httaccess either.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:22 am Reply with quote

Well i never had any problem of sentinel not writting properly to the database..
I suggest you start installing again step by step...and if you do that ...it must work,and if not for some reason then your doing something wrong.. Sad
But the problem could be caused by something else,but first double check..

Dacubz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:38 am Reply with quote

Sentinel has been reinstalled. As a matter of fact, I actually reinstalled my whole site from the ground up using 7.6 patched 3.1 and Sentinel on Friday night. Prior to that, I had installed Sentinel alone, but my site was in need of an reinstall because of DB issues. Can I delete the Sentinel tables and try a reinstall that way?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:41 am Reply with quote

well i completely ignore the 3.1,it causes to much problems...
If you can i suggest 3.0 ,but yes you can delete the tables,but you should have done that using its un-install function.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Reinstalled an no luck writing to the DB. Does 7.6 patched 3.1 have a known issue with this? Sorry I'm in the wrong thread, I searched and added to it. Rolling Eyes Where can I find patched 3.0?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:52 pm Reply with quote

I dont know...
It seems that 3.1 is giving a lot of peeps problems..
If you want the 7.6 3.0 here's the download link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Dacubz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:59 am Reply with quote

What files have changed between the two patches? Can I just upload the changed files instead of having to install the full patch? Question

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:53 am Reply with quote

no

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote

A lot has changed between 3.0 and 3.1. Many bug fixes and optimizations.
Many of the 3.1 code changes are here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

More post release changes are here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

And you still have to do all the BBToNuke changes

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Dacubz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm. My site has been nuked for a few years. I was at 7.8, but downgraded to 7.6 patched and things were really screwed. I removed all files and went to a reinstall of 7.6 patched. Does BBtoNuke still need to be played with on my 3.1 installation? I have a couple of users with login problems, and I still have occasional max_question errors to my database.

Secondly, if I go to 3.0. will I need to modify any core files like I did in 3.1, and will the sql file need to be run at all?

dcasmr
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote

I am having exactly the same problem with Sentinel not writing to DB. But, I do not think reversing to 3.0 is a solution ... Let's hope someone will figure out a solution.

podboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:08 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I was experiencing a similar problem after upgrading to NukeSentinel 2.5.03 from rwsRavenNuke76_v2.02.02_FULL.

Nukesentinel banned ips were not being written to the database, although manually added ips were.

My solution was fixed after finding a bug within includes/nukesentinel.php

Find function write_ban

Find:
Code:

$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO `".$prefix."_nsnst_blocked_ips` VALUES ('$banip', '".$nsnst_const['ban_user_id']."', '$ban_username', '$user_agent', '".$nsnst_const['ban_time']."', '$addby', '".$blocker_row['blocker']."', '$querystring', '$getstring', '$poststring', '".$nsnst_const['forward_ip']."', '".$nsnst_const['client_ip']."', '".$nsnst_const['remote_addr']."', '".$nsnst_const['remote_port']."', '".$nsnst_const['request_method']."', '$abexpires', '$c2c')");

Replace with:
Code:

$banip_long = sprintf("%u", ip2long($nsnst_const['$banip']));
      $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO `".$prefix."_nsnst_blocked_ips` VALUES ('$banip', '$banip_long', '".$nsnst_const['ban_user_id']."', '$ban_username', '$user_agent', '".$nsnst_const['ban_time']."', '$addby', '".$blocker_row['blocker']."', '$querystring', '$getstring', '$poststring', '".$nsnst_const['forward_ip']."', '".$nsnst_const['client_ip']."', '".$nsnst_const['remote_addr']."', '".$nsnst_const['remote_port']."', '".$nsnst_const['request_method']."', '$abexpires', '$c2c')");

It was just missing the iplong field on the mysql command.
The only reason I discovered this bug was because my host had disabled .htaccess files, bah!

regards.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic