Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
lol12

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to NukeSentinel, so I have a couple of questions concerning it. I just installed Patched 3.1 for PHPNuke 7.7 succesfully on my site. Does NukeSentinel 242 work with Patched 3.1?

If this is the first time I am installing NukeSentinel, do I need to edit the core files as noted at the bottom of the readme, or is that just for upgrades?

Thanks for the help
-Parallax

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:59 am Reply with quote

yes you have to edit the files as they are included..
but read it and take your time...
some parts are already done in 3.1

lol12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help. I installed it now and by a first glance, everything seems to be working. Thumbs up for the very professional admin menu.

I am just wondering one thing, it is more of an annoyance if anything. When I click on the help buttons on the admin menu(the questionmarks), all I see is the white background. I have to selected the text in order to see it. Might be a bug with my theme or something? Anybody know how to fix this?

Is there also a quick way to import the IP2Country data for all countries?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:08 pm Reply with quote

well set the help buttons to mouse-over,not to on-click.....that goes better..
and importing ip2country..... Sad no,just one by one..

lol12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:25 pm Reply with quote

When I set the help buttons to mouse-over instead of click, all I see is a white background again, not a text, and since it's mouse over I can't select the text to read what is there.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Yeah my mistake sorry,completely misunderstood..
Well i asume it uses the default colos,and if not you could try playing around with the overlib in includes folder...

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote

lol12 wrote:
Is there also a quick way to import the IP2Country data for all countries?

Seriously, the import takes only about 5 minutes. We have done it this way because the size of the tables will usually time out between the browser and MySQL.

lol12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I will do that then Smile

Login for users seems to be broken now, I get the "Login Incorrect! Please Try Again..." even though it is correct. This happens with normal users only, not admins. I tried clearing out the cookies in my browser to no effect. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote

That would not be NukeSentinel related. Try restoring your modules/Your_Account/index.php file.

lol12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Yep, that was it. Probably me screwing up something when doing the edit for core files for it.

Anyway, thanks a lot again for all the help. I have fixed the your account problem now.

lol12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:54 am Reply with quote

Seems like I bumped into another problem. Forum posts simply refuse to be marked as read, even though if I press the "Mark all forums read" button, or clear out my cookies and revisit the page. I have tried to change the cookie name in the forum admin panel, but it didn't help.

j_felosi
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote

I know when I do the core file edits for sentinel on patched, I improvise or just guess a lil cause its not exact but its pretty easy to figure out. Ip2country is a great tool but I dont use it no more due to the big size of db but I really didnt have no speed problems because of it. But when I did have it I would only back up the ip2country table once after its been updated then the rest of the site backups without it. Theres no need to back it u everytime. I just wanted to give some feedback on that, Im not sure about your forum prob but if anyone would know it would be Raven or any of the other regulars. I find too you can search this forum and find all kinds of info, they been at this a while and probably have run across every issue so there is a lot in here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic