Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Treasury
pdoobepd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Hey I was doing some moving around of my blocks...next thing I know my donation meter info, button etc. was showing up in my Survey Block...Um I didn't put it there...happened right after moving blocks from one side to other site of page. (?) HitsFan Can someone tell me where and what to edit to get this information removed from my survey block ? HitsFan

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:46 pm Reply with quote

hi if you didnt edited any files then its likely a conflict.
personaly i think its the donation stuff..
try to delete the blocks and add them again but put them on different places.

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote

No I didn't edit any files... All I did was move blocks from one side of page to other...
I am not going to delete my pay pal block went thru too much trouble getting it up to begin with... The Problem is The Pay Pal information is ALSO showing up in my Surveys Block. I know there is another Simpler fix for this can someone give me the what and were this info could be hiding as to why it shows up in Surveys Block.

HitsFan

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:44 pm Reply with quote

im only suggesting you delete them and then add them again...theres nothing difficult about that...
and if you created a custom block in admin just copy the code and delete the block,then add both blocks again...

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote

The only thing that has worked so far is disableing the Donations block entirely... I would like to keep the block but Do Not want the added information in my Surveys Block. HELP

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote

hi,
im only trying to help..
but maybe you should let someone do it for you...
At some point when you installed your site you didnt had much blocks...right?
well nothing difficult about taking those 2 blocks out and then putting them back again...
You know how it works....adding a block?..and i mean a block-Survey.php file?
well delete it in block adminitration and the paypal also...then just ad them again your administration...
How hard can it be?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Try disabling the Survey block. If you find that fixes it, then as Hitwalker said, there is a confilct between the 2 blocks. If, however, you see that the donations information is now present in another block, then the donation block is probably missing some code, like maybe a closing table tag or something like that.

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Raven...still not sure what problem is... I know I had to fix it once before and can't remember what fix is...LOL go figure... But it's not the "survey block" that is the problem it's the donations block... I deactivated it and survey donations info went bye bye... But reactivation of donations block brought it right back again.

I am at a loss... tried all of the above...no luck.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote

I want you to try disabling the SURVEY block in order to see if the donations info flows over to another block Smile

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Did that already but it doesn't flow over to other blocks. Only the Survey block.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote

So, that helps! There is a conflict between the donations block and the survey block. Since it only happens with the survey block, then the suyvey block becomes more suspect in my mind than the donations block. In any event, with the Survey block activated, examine the page source to see at what point the code "over-flows" into Survey. That might help to isolate the cause.

Neviar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quote

I am also experiencing this problem.

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote

The only way I was able to fix the problem was to Remove the Donations Block all together.

** After the resent upgrade/patch of Nuke 7.6 I am now having a slight problem with the Survey's themselves ... It was near impossible to create a new survey after my upgrade ... the only way I had of doing it with out deleting older surveys was to go into the Data base and create one...One problem there was the "number" or "call ID" for the survey...I had the survey count number but there is another ID number I didn't know how to create or get. The block still worked but the Surveys where a little glichy for a day or two on page loads for the surveys, Other than that surveys was fine except for when used with Donations Block and after resent patches for 7.6

Last edited by pdoobepd on Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:36 am Reply with quote

well personaly i think the donations stuff is to blame for any crap you run into.
long ago i posted an article about it that there's a big conflict everytime.
for example ,if you have NukeTreasury installed i suggest you click on the copyright link..
What do you see?
Okay...now go to your downloads mod and click the copyright link..
What do you se?
Right....the NukeTreasury copyright..

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:09 am Reply with quote

Figures...I thought it was the donations block...

But new problem with surveys block is current and while Donations block has been deactivated for quite some time... (?)

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quote

well the donations block comes with the mod also aint it?
Take everything out...,just try it..

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quote

hitwalker wrote:
well personaly i think the donations stuff is to blame for any crap you run into.
long ago i posted an article about it that there's a big conflict everytime.
for example ,if you have NukeTreasury installed i suggest you click on the copyright link..
What do you see?
Okay...now go to your downloads mod and click the copyright link..
What do you se?
Right....the NukeTreasury copyright..
I fixed the Copyright bug a long time ago and posted the fix in my forum. I amd countless others have it running correctly on our sites. So, let's not throw the baby out with the bath water!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote

dont know where that baby suddenly comes from...lol but i posted that in the news then at nukecops. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Posted on Monday, September 27 2004

The first person replied at that story was infact you raven and the fix should be also at..... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

As this is explained...

I noticed that no matter what module copyright link I click on, Nuke Treasury pops up instead Smile. I found the solution. Because NT includes it own replication of nuke's openwindow() function, it was stepping on nuke's! Now, we could modify NT to just use nuke's, but I chose the quicker method of this:

Mpdify Nuke Treasury / Donations.html and Donameter.html:
Change all occurences of 'openwindow' to 'openwindow1'

But will that solve other problems like the survey,i dont know..

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Personally I could care less what the copy write on the donations block is showing lol since I am not currently using it. But I will check the fix for the copywrite and fix it anyway incase I deside to use it in the future.

Any Ideas on what the problem is with creating Surveys after the Patch for nuke 7.6 ?

Also...I got a notice on phpbb update to 2.18 (new) do you have your fixes up for it yet? I'm not upgrading until I see Raven Approved version LOL

Thanks!

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote

well same story huh,the update is pure phpbb but chatserv is checking it to make it ready for nuke.

pdoobepd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Any Ideas on what the problem is with creating Surveys after the Patch for nuke 7.6 ?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote

what patched do you have..3.1 ?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote

pdoobepd wrote:
Honestly, Chat and I are still trying to figure this one out as time allows.

Bravo2zero
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:23 am Reply with quote

Hi guys any help please on same here, i have deleted the survey block and reinstalled it, still the same with donations duplicated into surveys block,

ok now moved surveys from right to left side and now working normal, move surveys back to right side and donameter is back merged into surveys.

any more advice please

thanks in advance

B2Z

ciph3r
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Im having this problem as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Treasury

View next topic
View previous topic