Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0
BamBamPSK
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote

i have some of the modules as being seen by registered users only but when the members are logged in they still cant acess them?

like PMs they click the module link in the site nav and it tells them it is restricted and i made sure they were to be seen if you are registered and logged in.

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote

Are you sure they are active modules? If so, have them clear their cache and delete their cookies and try again.

BamBamPSK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:15 pm Reply with quote

yes they were active modules and stiil happens i have to lower who can view it for my members to post or pm

BamBamPSK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote

any idea raven? i have recently updated from 6.9 to 7.0 and it didnt do this untill 7.0.....yes all the modules are current and active but if they are set to be seen by registered users only no one but admins can access them? at least thats what it seems like

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:48 pm Reply with quote

And you ran the upgrade script AND replaced all the 6.9 file with the 7.0 files?

BamBamPSK

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:05 pm Reply with quote

yup sure did

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote

I would place the upgrade script in the nuke root (where config.php is) and rerun it. I would then replace the core files again. It just seems that you have a table or file that is out of sync. Have you checked you server error log to see if an error gets posted when a member (not admin) tries to access these modules?

djw2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:48 am Reply with quote

I have this issue too.

I get several emails a week from a registered user who can't access member’s only areas.

It's not everybody, just a few people and I usually tell them to delete their cookies and temporary Internet files. This works for some but not all the users that encounter this issue.

I have a couple users who have never been able to access member’s areas, one has even created a new username to see if the problem would still exist and it does.

I'm not convinced this isn't user error... a cookie blocker, security settings or something. In my particular case I've not seen it enough to feel it's a bug. I have 130 members and the vast majorities are accessing member’s areas without a problem, of the few who can't the cookie/internet files email seems to do the trick in most cases. The few who are left without access are still without access because I don't know what to tell them. They say there’s no blocker and that they're settings are okay, but why out of 130 users would three people not be able to log in?

I don't really know but like I said... could be user error, but then I always say that. Wink

Peace!

Dan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:50 am Reply with quote

Any chance that these users are behind a proxy? This could be a session error of some kind. Also, have them verify that cookies are actually being saved. They may have their security settings too high.

djw2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:53 am Reply with quote

What are some examples of being behind a proxy... AOL?

I ask because I know there are some AOL users who don't have problems so I'm wondering if there are some other types of proxy factors that could contribute to this.

Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:02 am Reply with quote

AOL is an example. But, I personally know of AOL users who don't have issues as well as AOL users that do. Normally though, there would be a session error of some kind as opposed to this error. This one is usually associated with cookies in some way. Or the security level, like trusted sites.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:11 am Reply with quote

Try this just for grins and giggles
Edit mainfile.php and find the following line
Code:
if ($points > 0 AND $points >= $row[points] || $mod_group == 0) {
and change it to
Code:
if (($points >= 0 AND $points >= $grp) OR $mod_group == 0) {

BTW, this fix is just 1 of many in my customized version Smile

Last edited by Raven on Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:51 am Reply with quote

Hey BamBam! Did you try this?

BamBamPSK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:53 pm Reply with quote

yes i edited the mainfile but i am not having probelms with it so i will have to wait and see if those who are having problems are still having the problems

BamBamPSK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote

that did the trick thanks raven

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.0

View next topic
View previous topic