Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
rose38478
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote

Hi all!!

Here is what I am doing. I have transferred all my existing web pages to another service provider. In between backing up and getting the new site going, I've had several members sign up.

What I want to know is this? How can I get the files from Nuke_users and Nuke_authors on the old MySql database into the new one? Do I do an export/import and will it overwrite what is the same? Or do I back up the tables I need and then just add them to the new database? What's easier? Because I'm kind of nervous about bringing my database to it's knees. Smile

Thanks
Rose

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

Well its easier to upload your whole database to the new one,or dont you want that ?

rose38478

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:15 pm Reply with quote

Well, the thing is, they transferred my whole database over there. It's only five users that I need to add in. Everything else is there, from the database to the current theme.

In order for me to do that, I would have to delete the databases that are already there and reload them, I would think.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:20 pm Reply with quote

Well if its five thats a piece of cake...
Remember that the FIRST 2 members in the database table is the god/admin and the anonymous,so infact ...the first member STARTS at 3 !
So you can easely insert your members but you must alter their iD ,otherwise when you insert them you will get a error thyat count doesnt match.
Understand this ?

rose38478

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote

So, would it be easier to just do a copy and paste from one database to the other. Add five new records and then just add them that way? Is that what you mean?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Well i would feel better if you tell me something about the other site.

How many members are there in the database ?

That whole database is saved and transfered to the new host ?

You want to add 5,but where do they come from ?

rose38478

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote

Okay, here is what I did. I did a full backup of the existing site on Wednesday night. Thursday morning, they loaded the backup to the new site (which cannot be accessed except by me). In between then and now, 5 new users signed up on the existing site. There are only 27 or 28 total. It's a fairly new site.

What I am wanting to do is add those new users to the site that is going to be put on line Sunday night. Everything is exactly the same, except those few users.

Does that help. Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes its clear now Smile
Well final question...
Are you gonna do it yourself?...adding them or some tech guy?..Smile

rose38478

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:46 pm Reply with quote

I want to do it myself. How else will I learn. Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Ok...i dont think members count id would be a problem,as long as your just adding the last 5.

Ok the folowing is an example of how it looks for you:
Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_users` VALUES (10, 'hitwalker', 'hitwalker', 'hello@testsite.com

NATURALY ABOVE LINE IS MUCH LONGER...

Ok...if you have the backup (dump) then look for your nuke_users table
You will see that at the end all the member lines start with...INSERT INTO

well thats to insert it again...
so all you have to do is grab the last added members those full lines and dump that into the query fioeld.

You can find that going to phpmyadmin,the choose your database,then on right screen/page you see on top MYSQL,then you will see a big text area field,put those lines in and hit..go /or start...whatever it will say for you in english.

rose38478

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:03 pm Reply with quote

Okay, so I am just copying and pasting, is that right? Okay, I'm at work now, I'll try that when I get home.

Thanks Hitwalker. Once again, you've totally come through for me.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote

well to use your words....yes,its just copy past...

rose38478

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Well, I couldn't wait. That was SO easy. Worked like a charm!!

Okay, so that's all I have to do with them, right? Nothing else? No authors (which is just God accounts, I beleive). They should be good to go, is that right?

Thanks Hitwalker. Smile

Rose

hitwalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:22 pm Reply with quote

yes all should be ok...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic