Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:08 pm Reply with quote

I am trying to install GT on a website. I downloaded this file from your downloads. NukeCopsGoogleTapBeta060.tar I have appended all the files in it correctly. I end up with a white screen, no errors but simply a white screen when i try to go to the website. I then downloaded all the newest gt files from cvs. I get the same problem. I have narrowed it down to this. When i add the footer.GT and rename it to footer.php and it replaces the original footer.php it makes the home page turn white. If i replace it with the original footer.php file the site shows again. I have searched forum after forum and cannot seem to find a similar issue with anyone else. I have checked that mod_rewrite was enabled. It is. Anyone who can help with this. Please let me know. His site is running nuke 6.8 Thank you

as a side note.. i have successfully installed gt on al the sites that i own. this one trouble site is not on my server

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Check your server error logs. The footer.php may be trying to 'include' a file that isn't there. Is mod_rewrite installed on that server?

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote

[Mon Jan 19 16:00:46 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: replace_for_mod_rewrite() in /home/hugeacom/public_html/footer.php on line 71
[Mon Jan 19 16:00:40 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: replace_for_mod_rewrite() in /home/hugeacom/public_html/footer.php on line 71

is what the error log is saying. I will pm you the address of his info.php file.

[Mon Jan 19 16:04:43 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: opentable() in /home/hugeacom/public_html/mainfile.php on line 233
[Mon Jan 19 16:04:42 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hugeacom/public_html/modules/Forums/nukebb.php:57) in /home/hugeacom/public_html/includes/sessions.php on line 252
[Mon Jan 19 16:04:42 2004] [error] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hugeacom/public_html/modules/Forums/nukebb.php:57) in /home/hugeacom/public_html/includes/sessions.php on line 251
[Mon Jan 19 16:04:42 2004] [error] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hugeacom/public_html/modules/Forums/nukebb.php on line 57
[Mon Jan 19 16:04:42 2004] [error] PHP Warning: main(header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hugeacom/public_html/modules/Forums/nukebb.php on line 57

are also in the log.. these would explain the forum errors on his site since i tried to add gt.. i think that these are because of the same thing that is causing the footer problem

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote

It looks as if you haven't installed all the files or there are some files missing from your GT download.

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote

nope.. the gt is working just fine on all the other sites.. but on his.. i get a white screen as soon as i put the footer.GT file in named as footer.php in place of the footer.php file that is there. Neutral could it be that he edited some of his nuke files to his site.. so this wont function on it?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:35 pm Reply with quote

So in your header.php file you have the replace_for_mod_rewrite() function?

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:46 pm Reply with quote

yes we do.. i am using the header, footer, and htaccess files that are the newest ones from the cvs site that is listed in the nuke cops forum. I used these files and installed the gt on all my sites including the one in my signiture. It just refuses to work on his site. I just tried again and the moment i put in the gt footer file named footer.php to replace the standard one the home page goes white Sad

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote

PM me your
site url/id/password
ftp url/id/password

I'll take a quick look to try to spot it. Is this a site I can debug?

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Its odd.. i just now noticed that it is only causing certain pages to go white. other pages it is showing some errors on. He has made extensive changes to the site and its files. I am not sure of all the changes as a lot were done by other people. I will pm you with all the information. I have checked this so many times and it works on all other sites. I am lost. Thank you Razz

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:03 pm Reply with quote

i have sent you all the info via pm on this site. Very Happy

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote

What's all that code at the bottom of header.php? It's php code outside of the php tags.

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:58 pm Reply with quote

I have no idea. I simply got that file along with the footer and htaccess from here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

then i uploaded them as i was told to. It said you dont have to edit them into your header.php anymore but rather just replace yours with them. Confused

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Well, I would guess that's your problem Laughing

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Every forum i looked at said to simply replace your current header and footer files with these ones Confused how can this be fixed if it was wrong?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote

You're going to have to go back to NC or the GT author. It looks like NC has packaged their cvs wrong.

jaded

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote

okay thank you for all your help and time Smile incidently none replied at nc.. but ill give it a bit more time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic