Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
scriptleek
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Hi, i have a weird thing going on and i read all forums(i think) looking for an answer but none could be found, here is the story:

It looks as if my homepage is "ghosting" when a user logs in he/she sees my username in the welcome msg and also my categories as a admin but they can't execute any of them. Also when i logout and return to the homepage the userinfo is still there as if i'm still logged in but when i click a option which is only for registered users, the normal screen says "have to log in ..go back..etc.." so conclusion i am logged out but i'm still shown as logged in.

It looks like the homepage doesn't refresh its updated information and after a minute or 10 all seems normal until i log out again it starts all over.

I use phpnuke 7.8 and patched.
Can anyone help me out here?

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I have heard about a similar think only 1 x in the last 2 years. Have you tried the repair function in the database ? What about the settings for the cookie domain ?

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Hi Susann, thnx for the reply.

I did all this and the problem still occurs, i've been busy with this matter for about 2 months now and nothing seem to help.
Also my users are complaining about this because they think they are not logged out, they are, only the login info appears again when refreshing to the index.php page.

Hmm..ok thnx..

Regards;
Scriptleek.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote

Please post a link.

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven,
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Do you by chance have JPCache installed and running? I have seen the issue you describe many times when trying to use it. People see the cached version which may include your details or whoever's based on the last time the page was cached

Last edited by CurtisH on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total 
scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Hi curtish, yes i have.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote

I have yet to see a version that works correctly. I suggest that you disable it to prevent confusion to your guests and members.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote

I just joined your site and logged in. Here is the Welcome Message:
Raven, Welkom op SoundAsleep!

And in the Membership block I see
Welkom Anoniem

However, when I go to the Downloads page I see
Welkom Raven in the membership block!

Now I'm logging out and will log back in.
Every is fine except on the start page. It thinks I'm Anonymous but all the other pages show me logged in.

Indeed you have a problem and I've seen this before. portedmods.com used to have this problem but I don't know if they still do. It almost has to be a cookie issue or the index.php page or home module is not reading the cookie correctly. Just for a test, make the News module your Home module and see if the problem is still there. If it's not, then I would suspect the module you are using in Home is the problem.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quote

I believe his particular issue is caused by JPCache and can be verified by disabling it.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Deja vu? You said that earlier. I may be old and sick but I'm not blind; well, not in both eyes ROTFL - He now has 2 things to test. May be one or the other. At least we should soon know. I have seen this on many sites. It would be nice to have a definitive answer.

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi folks, yes this is a very annoying issue and i will test both options seperately.
I wondered..without jpcache my site is becoming slow in access time for the pages...but i think this is for another time..ok i'll check this out and let u guys know asap.
(edit) i went to my site and saw raven's seems to be still logged in heheh.
Many thnx for your time.

Regards;
Scriptleek.

Last edited by scriptleek on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total 
CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
He now has 2 things to test. May be one or the other. At least we should soon know. I have seen this on many sites. It would be nice to have a definitive answer.

Indeed, I agree. Smile

Raven wrote:
Deja vu? You said that earlier.

Apologies, I wasn't intending to sound like I was correcting or second guessing you.

I had the feeling we did the "deulling posts" thingy where two people post at the same time without seeing the others post. Laughing Just wanted to make sure you caught it. I recently checked out a so-called stable, usable release of JPCache from admin at Portedmods and had exactly the same issue that scriptleek described.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote

CurtisH wrote:
Apologies, I wasn't intending to sound like I was correcting or second guessing you.

No apologies needed. I meant that whole thing in jest. I guess I should have placed the smilie earlier in the post. Cheers

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:32 pm Reply with quote

hi, well i tested both options and the module is ok.. i disabled jp-cache and as by a miracle my site runs faster without it, and it looks like normal logging out again without getting the login info again. Let us keep in mind it is 04:30am here so internettraffic is very low now. I will check this out in rushhour this afternoon to see if things are still ok as it looks now. I will let u guys know.

For now, many thanks for your time and solutions Smile

Regards;
Scriptleek.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote

This is really good to know. I am often asked about JP Cache. I wonder if the developers are aware of this?

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:48 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven, indeed this is a very weird phenomenon, all seem to work perfectly now, well..ok..i have a slow access time of my homepage now but if that is what it takes ..btw is there a stable alternative to boost the indexpage a little in accesstime.

Laterzz..
Regards;
Scriptleek.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Your home page is unbelievably slow, either way, no offense. What I would do, if you know it's not your server, is disable all your blocks and then activate them 1-by-1 to see for sure where the lag is. Then, go to work on fixing the lag. Start with your Home module though, before the blocks. Replace it with News and see if there's much of a difference. Also, if you run banners, and you allow linking to other sites to pull them in, that could be a source of trouble. Same thing with any addons that display in the home page. RSS feeds are notorious for slowing down a site.

If it's your server, easy solution. Come host with me Wink

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Another possibilty, does your theme allow for source code encryption? I was looking at the source code of your page to see if you were pulling data from another site(s) as that can sometimes create some serious lag time. Anyway, when I attempted to view the source I noticed two peculiar things. One is that there is a frameset tag, which seems a bit out of place...

Second, the source code is pretty much empty. You normally see this when a theme is using source code encryption which causes seriously slow load times. It appears that you might be using Platinum and I know first hand that many of the pre-edited Platinum themes include the option to encrypt the source code (an option in the theme control panel). If this indeed the case, try disabling the source code encryption and the re visit your index to see if the load time has improved.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:06 am Reply with quote

I too am seeing some pretty slow load times from here in the UK - the page load time is shown just under 4 seconds but it seemed for like 6.
Your header logo - 35,206Kb - does it need to be such a big file size?
Your Center block 'Albums Mozaïek' I would definitely look at removing that, some of the image sizes are enormous.

scriptleek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote

Hi folks,

First of all thnx CurtisH for solving the inlog prob all seems to be working fine again Cheers and Raven ofcourse and thnx susann.
like Raven said i wonder if the makers of this module know about this issue.. so i will contact them later to tell em about what is described in this forum..
Your q: if my "theme allows source code encryption?" i don't know it is a theme made by Disipal.net. about the frameset you noticed, this could be my redirect.html because for my site i wanted to use a small url instead of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but i'm not sure if this is what you've seen. I use phpnuke v7.8 and have it patched 3.1.
As far as i know i have nothing encrypted.
Guardian2003 you are right about the image sizes, my site is pretty young and i still have to solve that.

Thnx everyone for your time to look at this topic and for the input of sensible information which led to the solution of my main prob, the logging out thingy, it is solved now Smile.

Best regards;
Scriptleek.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic