Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account
studeggle
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote

I have a fresh install of phpnuke 7.6 Platnium the custom distro with sentinal and protector. I then downloaded CNB_Your_Account_750_440_b2a from here and installed. Went well, found the extra security didn't like my server so I recommented it out and things worked. But then when I try and promote a user to superuser or just give them some powers I get the following error on the next page "ERROR: There was a problem with the database."

What could be wrong? Obviously it doesn't like my database but I'm not sure why.

my nuke_authours table has the following fields.
"aid , name , url , email , pwd , counter , radminsuper , admlanguage , radminblocke"

Last edited by studeggle on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Take a dump of your authors table and compare it to the nuke.sql authors table that came in your phpnuke disto. Most likely there is something different that no longer belongs there. Protector and Calander are the most common culpurts.

Then you have to decide how to deal with it either remove the offending entry or edit the promoteuser function to handle the extra fields. We'll be around to help once you narrow it down.

studeggle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote

I found an unedited copy of nuke and looked at its sql. The field it did not have in the nuke_author table was "radminblocker"
It has the following stats...
"radminblocker , type=tinyint(2) , Null=No , defualt=0 "
As I worry what might happen elsewhere if I just delete this field, I would prefer to add it to my copy pf your CNB script. The ony admin in the table right now has the defualt value so I think it is safe to just tell the script to use the defult value, but I am having trouble following your code its over my prgramming level. I am pretty sure we need to be working in promoteuser.php and or promoteuserconf.php can you give me some more guidence. Thanks Very Happy

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:01 pm Reply with quote

Ok I have a Platinum test site and it promotes ok for me and radminblocker exists.
Let me look into it a little more maybe there is something we are missing between us here. Specific to your install or server configuration perhaps?

studeggle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote

Its a Windows 2003 server running IIS
The install is clean for a site that never existed before sothere shouldn't be any oddballs in the database. It is on a mysql database that is localhost, with php 5.
Not sure what else to tell you.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote

Ok that will help there has been little testing under that environment and I haven't actually done anything with this Platinum release other then install it myself. But I'll look it over and see if there is any obvious conflicts.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:43 am Reply with quote

I don't see anything that looks like it would fail specifically on windows so I have to think its something specific to php5.

studeggle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:49 pm Reply with quote

It is that extra field (`radminblocker` tinyint(2) NOT NULL default '0') that is cuaseing there error. After hunting over the last two days I finally gave up and decided to see what would happen if I deleted the field, since I could put it back in afterwards. And whala after removing the field CNB promotion worked completly flawlessly. So I now I am back to trying to figure out how to tell CNB how to accept that field and then just enter a '0' in it. For now I will simply delete and then restore that field if I need to promote a user. But this isn't very effecient and untill I figure out what that field is for, permanent deletion isn't acceptable to me.

Perhaps future editions of CNB could include a basic control to allow users to add a field name and value to what CNB believes the author table should have so it would be easy for users with little or no programing experience to correct things if they know what fields they have. Wink

Also is there anyway to make nuke sign in users that are also adnim into both at the same time instead of requiring logging into two seporate areas. If I login as a user it doesn't recognise my admin abilities, if I login as an admin it doesn't rcognise my user stuff. So I am stuck logging in twice if I want access to both at once.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote

studeggle we didn't work directly with the Platinum team on this release and they removed support for other versions other then the 7.6 version from the files and made some other changes. But I know it works on my test site so the thing I am wondering is if the files were mixed or updated somewhere along the way between when you got them and I did.

This is of course the exact reason modules aren't sposed to be adding themselves to that field. I'm sure that in a future release Protector will be more compliant with the standard for newer versions of phpnuke.

If you send me your file from the Platinum distro I'd like to compare and see if like I say somehow they were switched.

Tethra
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote

has a solution been found for this? If I am not mistaken I believe the radminblocker field pertains to protector somehow so I am reluctant to try this solution. I just upgraded to CNB 4.4.2 on my nuke platinum 7.6 install and now when I try to promote I get a Error: An error occured in the database type message.

studeggle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote

Yes I found by recoding the CNB files with a line to handle the radmin collumn I could promote without playing with things in the database. But also platinum did an update where they removed protector and went entirely to Sentinel the two are redundent with what Sentinal does now.

If it is really needed I can post the code adaptations I made.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:58 pm Reply with quote

As a heads-up, I thought I should clarify a few things so everyone is on the same page.

First, by default, Nuke Platinum is distributed ONLY with Protector installed (and that is a custom version that was never released for other versions of Nuke).

As an option, Platinum included an ill-fated and unauthorized version of NukeSentinel that uninstalled the Protector tables. Unfortunately, Platinum did not include the Protector Uninstallation file itself, but rather coded that into the much older (extremely outdated) version of NukeSentinel.

Next, it should be identified that Protector is a dead project. The protector.warcenter.se domain has been offline for several months and "Mister" (the author of Protector) does not respond to any inquiries about Protector. I don't know what happened, but he simply doesn't respond to emails, PM's or any other attempts for communications.

Finally, Nuke Platinum also included a custom build of CNB_YA Version 4.4.0B. If you attempt to upgrade to a later release, you will need to keep in mind that unless you have downloaded and run the Protector Uninstallation file, you will have Protector references not only in your database, but also in many files that will need to be manually removed. The radminblocker specifically is one field in that table that you will need to deal with, but again, running the Protector Uninstallation process will resolve that in case you simply want to update to CNB_YA 4.4.2.

So, in closing, the only solutions that we are talking about here (that are NOT dead) are CNB_YA and NukeSentinel, whereas Protector and Nuke Platinum are dead.

Finally, I wanted to remind anyone that may not already know, the NukeSentinel included with Platinum should not be installed! If any option at all (beyond installing NukeSentinel From NukeScripts.net) is followed, it would be applying the NukeSentinel Patch Pack from Platinummods. See:
http://www.platinummods.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=./viewforum&f=79

If you have already installed a previous version, you should NOT attempt to upgrade it but rather you should completely uninstall it, removed the references by reversing the processes defined in Platinum installation instructions and then load NukeSentinel 4.2.0b from scratch following the "EDITS_FOR_CORE_FILES" modifications as defined in NukeSentinel documentation from NukeScripts.

If you need to uninstall Protector, you can download the Protector Uninstallation file from http://64bit.us/down/install_blocked.zip. Simply unzip that file, upload the install_blocked.php it to the root of your server and then (from your admin.php screen), type "install_blocked.php" where "admin.php" was in your browser's URL address bar and follow the procedures that it defines by selecting the "Uninstall" option.

Hope this clears everything up.
Steph

Tethra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:38 am Reply with quote

studeggle, Can you please either post the code adaptions or PM them to me please. Thank You.

64bitguy, Thank you for the info. My only problem is that I am using PHP-Nuke Clan, and from what the platmods forums say installing the update will kill any mods that is installed.

studeggle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:22 am Reply with quote

64bitguy - yep was aware of most of that just way to lazy to type. Didn't realize there was a problem with platnums sentinal but not a big deal as I switched back when platinum quit updating. Thanks for explaining it all.

Tethra - you should look at updating if at all possible, staying still encreases the chance of getting hacked. But here are the code adaptations that will make CNB work. (please note I don't know what ver. I was on when I made these so I am not 100% certian of they will be the same as your CNB)

promoteuserconf.php (starting around line 56 where they are doing the other tables)
Add:
Code:
$add_radminblocker = check_html($add_radminblocker, 'nohtml');

Change:
Code:
$result = $db->sql_query("insert into " . $prefix . "_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_password', '0', '$add_radminsuper', '$add_admlanguage')");

To:
Code:
$result = $db->sql_query("insert into " . $prefix . "_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_password', '0', '$add_radminsuper', '$add_admlanguage', '$add_radminblocker')");

Add (around line 79):
Code:

Change:
Code:
$result = $db->sql_query("insert into " . $prefix . "_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_password', '0', '$add_radminarticle','$add_radmintopic','$add_radminuser','$add_radminsurvey',

'$add_radminlink','$add_radminfaq','$add_radmindownload','$add_radminreviews','$add_radminnewsletter',
'$add_radminforum','$add_radmincontent','$add_radminency','$add_radminsuper','$add_admlanguage')");

To:
Code:
$result = $db->sql_query("insert into " . $prefix . "_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_password', '0', '$add_radminarticle','$add_radmintopic','$add_radminuser','$add_radminsurvey',

'$add_radminlink','$add_radminfaq','$add_radmindownload','$add_radminreviews','$add_radminnewsletter',
'$add_radminforum','$add_radmincontent','$add_radminency','$add_radminsuper','$add_admlanguage','$add_radminblocker')");

Add (around line 102):
Code:

Change:
Code:
$result = $db->sql_query("insert into " . $prefix . "_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email', '$add_password', '0', '$add_radminarticle','$add_radmintopic','$add_radminuser','$add_radminsurvey','$add_radminsection',

'$add_radminlink','$add_radminephem','$add_radminfaq','$add_radmindownload','$add_radminreviews','$add_radminnewsletter',
'$add_radminforum','$add_radmincontent','$add_radminency','$add_radminsuper','$add_admlanguage')");

To:
Code:
$result = $db->sql_query("insert into " . $prefix . "_authors values ('$add_aid', '$add_name', '$add_url', '$add_email',

'$add_password', '0','$add_radminarticle','$add_radmintopic','$add_radminuser','$add_radminsurvey','$add_radminsection',
'$add_radminlink','$add_radminephem','$add_radminfaq','$add_radmindownload','$add_radminreviews','$add_radminnewsletter',
'$add_radminforum','$add_radmincontent','$add_radminency','$add_radminsuper','$add_admlanguage','$add_radminblocker')");

NOTE: Edited by 64bitguy to put code into code blocks as well as to use hard line returns so this fits onto the page instead of forcing the width of this post to twice the normal size. This also makes the above code much easier to look at while also showing that the only real alteration is to add the ,'$add_radminblocker' function to the end of the lines of code in question.

Tethra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote

I tried the above code solution and still got the same error. Now my next question is if I do the PNP upgrade will it affect the addons inculded in the PHPNuke-Clan Package? I have tried to get an answer over on the PNC website but no answer in a week.

studeggle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I use some clan addonn so if your more specific I might be able to tell you

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:18 am Reply with quote

The answer is yes and no. If you only use the YA part of the patch pack you should be fine. Most of the other elements will kill some of the mods that were installed in PNC. I dont know why those guys didnt fix some of these issues. Sad You can also use the remove_blocker from the sentinel pack to get rid of Protector.

The reason Protector was used was because TechGFX was a programmer on the project and I think he has even taken it over.

Tethra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:52 am Reply with quote

So you think that if I uninstall protector and install the latest sentinel pack my problem could be solved?

technocrat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote

I wouldnt because I dont know what PNC has done differently. The last time I looked at their project I saw they hadnt fixed a number of issues so I moved on.

If you want I can probably give you a hand with it but I will need file access and an admin account.

Tethra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quote

What will you need access too?

technocrat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote

I will need file access to your server and an admin account so I can test it.

Loki
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Tethra

Replace your modules/Your_Account folder with this one and see if it solves your problem.

YA442

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> CNB Your Account

View next topic
View previous topic