Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
felosi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:42 am Reply with quote

Is there any other module or fix I can use that would block proxies? I have platinumnuke and I have cosidered reinstalling protector just for the proxy block but I hear from some people that it and sentinel will cancel eachother out. I have my proxy block on in sentinel and I have never seen it block proxies. I had these kids trying to exploit my site for a whole week and everytime Id ban them they would just keep coming in on proxies. So I have also heard that sentinel and protector can be ran together but I tried it once with the patched pnp+2 and I guess where the replaced files included sentinel everywhere where protector used to be it didnt do anything. Any advice on this? Its a real pain in the butt not keeping proxies out. But overall though I really like nukesentinel and I appreciate nukescripts and whoever else is invloved for making such a module so please dont think Im complaining about it, Im just asking what I can do for blocking proxies.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:42 am Reply with quote

well as far as i know off the proxy blocker in sentinel does work.
ive tried that and changing ip resulted everytime in getting kicked.
in your case i can only suggest that you make sure that you are running the newest version of sentinel.
as for running other security scripts ,sure more people do that but everybody would agree that its not recommended.
a proxy just forwards an ip and sentinel can see that.
but i dont know the difference in its blocking levels.

felosi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:28 am Reply with quote

Ok well I think I know what it is, The proxies that re being used are java anonymous proxy, hide ip platinum, anonymouse, anonycat, and a few others. I went ahead and tried blocking the ranges. Some seemed to be university ranges. I have the latest sentinel 2.42. I have all the settings on to strong proxy blocking, but then again it may have something to do with the platinum patch. Thanks for your reply, I think it may be a user agent deal with these proxy programs its not seeing so Ive tried to round em all up and add em to harverster blocking and its seeming to help some

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:38 am Reply with quote

well it shouldnt make any difference what type of proxy any visitor uses.
as soon as the ip is forwarded its conciddered to be a proxy.
and to block it hard you can set it to block hard in your settings as well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic