Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
blahpunk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:00 pm Reply with quote

Well, I fell like an idiot. I banned myself from my site.
I was changing my admin password and forgot to do it thourth the nstnt_admin table in the db, and to change the http auth to 0. Because of my own mistake I banned myself. LOL.

I have gone through and editted the items nsnt_admins(with MD5 set) and the nsnt_config and have turned http auth to 0. I'm still banned from my site.

I would rather find a way to change this without unistalling and reinstalling.
Is there something that I'm missing or is there another way to change this?

And to note, I have a static IP so I can't change it.

Thank you for your time,
Blahpunk

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and delete your IP from the nsnst_banned_ip table. If you write to .htaccess then delete your IP there also.

Last edited by Raven on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total 
blahpunk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:52 pm Reply with quote

Right on, I didn't see that in my db, guess I was rushing it to fix the issue.
Everything is up and running at full speed again.

AGAIN THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP,
YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

BLAHPUNK

Last edited by blahpunk on Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total 
herecomesthestork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Hi!
I have this same problem.

Call me stupid, but how do I get to
phpMyAdmin / nsnst_banned_ip table? I don't see it anywhere in my CP.

Thanks!
Kendra

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Goto the MySQL icon in your cPanel. Then, almost at the bottom you should have a link that says phpMyAdmin. Click it, select your database, and then select the table.

herecomesthestork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Thanks so much! I know you think I am a complete idiot, but I can't find it. I don't see nsnst_banned_ip table. I see   nuke_nsnst_blocked_ips, but there is not an IP list in there. Am i missing something?

Thanks so much for your help!
Kendra

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote

That would be the table. I believe it was renamed in a later release. If your IP is not in there and it is not in the .htaccess, then you should not be blocked.

herecomesthestork

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:48 pm Reply with quote

Thanks so much! I think I found it Smile

Kendra

TJYoung80234
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:25 am Reply with quote

I 've also banned myself... however I don't know how to edit this file. Can someone detail for the retards exactly how to locate, and edit the files to unban an IP.

Also... how can you locate and/or edit admin ID's/profiles from outside of the site. I can't seem to login in to my admin (on the site).

xirian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote

I am co-admin. (meaning I shared the cost with another person and we run the site together equally) on my site, but the co-admin. that has the FTP client is out of town. I'm the only available admin. on my site, but I've been banned. This is the second time this has happened. The last time the other admin. fixed the problem, she stated that she made it so that I couldn't get banned again. What can I do? Do I have to wait for her to get back into town? Or is there something else I can do without deactivating the Sentinel Protector on our site?

If you go to the site and look at the scrolling Sentinel Protector, it will show Adminstration has been banned several times, and that is me.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks!!!

~~Xirian~~ 
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and delete your IP from the nsnst_banned_ip (might be named nsnst_blocked_ip) table. If you write to .htaccess then delete your IP there also.

xirian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Okay, does this have anything to do with the FTP client? Because I don't have access to that.

xirian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote

I should have waited, I think I found what you're talking about. If I have anymore questions I'll ask. Thank you very much for responding.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Not at all. If you use Plesk or cPanel, then they provide access to phpMyAdmin (MySQL)

xirian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quote

All right, I totally feel like a retard. But I'm not sure what to do. I've gone to Plesk and cPanel, but I'm not sure what to do. They have downloads, but I'm not sure what I'm downloading and where it's supposed to be downloaded to. I might actually need some step by step instructions, if you have the time.

Thanks!!!

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:40 pm Reply with quote

No, I meant if you already were using those Smile. Does your host provide a control panel of any kind to access the hosting account?

Themis
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:27 am Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread Smile I was able to unblock myself. hmm don't know how I got blocked to start with though.

Bah going to the admin address? Oh well work time. I'll try at lunch I guess.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:34 am Reply with quote

Did you get an email? What was the reason?

Themis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote

No emails that I can find.........

There are error messages in the error logs though.

[Sun Oct 2 10:31:38 2005] [error] [client 65.197.32.49] File does not exist: /home/shoshone/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Oct 2 10:31:38 2005] [error] [client 65.197.32.49] File does not exist: /home/shoshone/public_html/favicon.ico

Themis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote

Does it have to do with the HTTPAuth system email I got when you fixed sentinel for me??

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote

Go into NukeSentinel Admin and add your email to Admin Contacts. Then you will receive an email with the reason why someone gets banned.

Themis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Can't get to NukeSentinel Admin, cause I can't get to the admin page..........and can't find a file where I can add it in the cpanel.

Deleted my ip from the data base and the banned IP thing. Couldn't find the htaccess db to look at that.

I can go to the site now but when I try to login I get a blank page. grrrrrr

Also get a blank page if I try the register link. Sigh.....Back to work.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:21 pm Reply with quote

.htaccess is a file, not a database. I can get rght to the admin page. Are you using [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ?

Themis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Yes sorry I got there just as I was walking out the door, back to work. No time to repost. I can get there fine, but if I click register or login links it's all white.

Cleaned cookies and cache as suggested in another thread. Might be what got me to admin page but didn't fix the blank page thing. I have the evening to read searches, I guess Smile)

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote

I'll fix it ......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic