Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
anna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quote

I have just done a fresh install of nuke 7.5 patched 3.1

Everything seems to be working fine except that I cannot get any weblinks to save.

If I enter a link as a user, I get the message that the link has been entered and I will receive an email when it is approved. If I do it as admin, it says, link added to database, but in either case, nothing gets saved.

I have searched for an answer to the problem and found lots of unresolced posts for this. It appears to be a common problem.

Any ideas on how to correct this ????

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote

The only issue that I am aware of might be the use of parenthesis in either link category names or link titles. This has been addressed many times in these Forums. By chance do you have this situation?

montego

anna

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote

No, have done it making sure there were no commas, parenthesis, or anything like that. Nothing other then normal characters. (came across that problem before)

Even with just plain text everywhere in title, decription, link, the links do not save.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:17 pm Reply with quote

Check your error log to see if any errors are being recorded.

anna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quote

Have repaired the problem. It appears that the original modules supplied in the nuke 7.5 (and others) at nukecops had faulty modules for weblinks and downloads. Replaced them with other modules and problem is solved. Thanks for your help.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:56 am Reply with quote

Now there's a surprise ROTFL

Steptoe
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:03 pm Reply with quote

I have the problem intermitently on 7,5
When it happens I enter the details directly into phpmyadmin tables

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:30 am Reply with quote

Steptoe, (and anyone else who may have this problem) I ended up using the Downloads and Web_Links modules that came with a 7.8 max version I had previously installed at a different location. Had too many problems with that version, so I did a clean install of 7.5, which works perfectly, except for the problem I outlined earlier. Deleting the modules from 7.5 and replacing the ones from my 7.8 version fixed the problem instantly.

I have the 7.8 modules zipped (though it also requires an addition row in certain database tables to allow for images) The file is around 500k if anyone needs it let me know where I can upload it and I shall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic