Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
oxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:37 am Reply with quote

hi!

have two phpnuke 7.6 portals(with sentinel 2.4.1), with different phpbb problems..

1, the phpbb admin page doesn't appear, just a 0byte white page..
i have god access, so dunno what to do Sad any idea where to look?
phpnuke guys said the problem is in mainfile.php, but dunno where..

2, phpbb admin page says: Access Denied..
i have god access, anything, but i got this error msg..
any idea about this?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quote

Search the forums here for blank forums admin.

oxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:18 pm Reply with quote

i did, but didn't find any solution, just others also posted the same problem..
raven said in one of those topic that the guy missed something to edit while installing sentinel and that might be the problem..
i think i found my problem in mainfile.php
i upgraded to 3.1chatserv(downloaded from this portal), admin now works well (ofkoz, without sentinel!), but can't install sentinel Sad
need to edit core files, done great!, except mainfile.php, where i can't find related lines Sad
Code:

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
   @require_once("../../../config.php");
   @require_once("../../../db/db.php");
   @require_once("../../../includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   @require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
   @require_once("../../config.php");
   @require_once("../../db/db.php");
   @require_once("../../includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   @require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} else {
   @require_once("config.php");
   @require_once("db/db.php");
   @require_once("includes/sql_layer.php");
   if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   @require_once("includes/ipban.php");
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
   if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
}

please help in that, thx!

second problem is after the 3.1chatserv patch install coppermine page is blank Sad
what do i have to find and replace to get it work?

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't mentioned this before, but we recommend that you not use version 7.7 - 7.9 for production sites as these version have security issues that even NukeSentinel cannot correct.

As for your mainfile, it might not look exactly like that, but you should be able to find something like
Code:
require_once("../../../config.php");

and the changes should apply there.

I haven't tried to run coppermine with the 3.1 patch. I have a test site where I can try that, but probably not until this weekend.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote

I noticed the latest "version" of the 3.1 patch, there is a significant change in the way includes are loaded.

The beginning of the mainfile.php edit for core file text file for NukeSentinel should now read:
Quote:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
mainfile.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

// define the INCLUDE PATH
if(defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../../');
} elseif(defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
define('INCLUDE_PATH', '../../');
} else {
define('INCLUDE_PATH', './');
}

// Include the required files
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."config.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."db/db.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/sql_layer.php");
@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/ipban.php");
if (file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) {
@include_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php");
}

#
#-----[ CHANGE TO ]------------------------------------------
#

// define the INCLUDE PATH
} else {
}

// Include the required files
//@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/ipban.php");
@include_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/nukesentinel.php");
}

This type of change significantly impacts the installation instructions for many add on modules. I think it would have been better served to have this as a new patch version.

Also, I noticed that the includes/custom_files/custom_head.php and includes/custom_files/custom_header.php were removed in this patch. I've never seen these used, but if you happened to use this, watch out.

Last edited by kguske on Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total 
oxy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote

i am using 7.6, not 7.7/7.8.

kguske: please test coppermine, it would be a huge help for me!

i will try mainfile mod later, now go to school, thanks for help guys Smile

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:45 pm Reply with quote

The copy of 7.6 Patched 3.1 I have is as follows:
Code:

if (file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
   if (file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
} else {
   if (file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_mainfile.php"); }
}

Having said and post this, I will go and download Patched 3.1 yet again Smile I do this at the least every two weeks anyway Wink

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Maybe some planned changes were erroneously included in the latest 3.1 download - I noted that some other changes were added that are unrelated to security or bugs and have comments like "Beta". Definitely improvements, but maybe for 3.2...

oxy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote

now i modified mainfile.php, and found the error...

Quote:
#
$queryString = strtolower($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);
if (stripos_clone($queryString,'%20union%20') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'*/union/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'c2nyaxb0')) {
header("Location: index.php");
die();
}

#
#
if(!file_exists('includes/nukesentinel.php')) {
if(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']) && (!stripos_clone($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], "ad_click") || !stripos_clone($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'], "url"))) {
$queryString = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
if (stripos_clone($queryString,'%20union%20') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'*/union/*') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'c2nyaxb0') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'+union+') OR stripos_clone($queryString,'http://') OR (stripos_clone($queryString,'cmd=') AND !stripos_clone($queryString,'&cmd')) OR (stripos_clone($queryString,'exec') AND !stripos_clone($queryString,'execu')) OR stripos_clone($queryString,'concat')) {
die('Illegal Operation');
}
}
}

in function function online() {

the last line is guilty, when i added this line got a blank page, without it, it's perfect...

my only remaining matter is the coppermine, pls test it and gimme solution, looking forward so excited Smile

ps: also tried cpg 1.3.0, but it's so buggy, couldn't delete pics, blank page on new pics, etc, etc...soo, wanna stay with cpg 1.2.2b Smile

i saw some info in chatserv 3.1 readme.txt, but didn't find anything related in /modules/coppermine/index.php

Quote:
2- Additional changes for third party add-ons:^
if ($mainfile == 1) {
should be changed to:
if (defined('NUKE_FILE')) {

if ($module == 1) {
should be changed to:
if (defined('MODULE_FILE')) {

if ($footer == 1) {
should be changed to:
if (defined('NUKE_FOOTER')) {

if ($header == 1) {
should be changed to:
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER')) {

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote

This is kind of the problem with insignificant versioning of Patched and a long held complaint. Today's "Patched x.x" may not be the same as yesterday's "Patched x.x".

Instead of making these changes to existing versions, those changes should be incorporated into a new version number.

It's bad enough keeping up with revisions, but when changes happen in an existing revision version, it is nearly impossible for webmasters to keep up with where they are, nevermind developers.

I would humbly suggest that there be a freeze on changes to current revisions and new changes be available in either annotated form (for the next revision) or in CVS (for the next revision) or both.

This situation (of this post) is an excellent example of the problem in that module developers need to revise documentation (and yes, the actual coding of modules), but have no way of describing it nor a reliable method for making those changes with any kind of a predictable versioning strategy of their own. In other words, if I am a module developer, I can't say "compatible with Patched 3.1" because in truth, my block and/or module code may not be.

For example, you can't say, "In Patched 3.1 Change this to this" because while the user may have patched 3.1, what is described is not necessarily what will be seen in any particular user's code, depending on the date that they actually downloaded that revision. For that reason, the current methodology adds confusion where none need exist and simply complicates everyone's lives.

Finally, my biggest concern is that this major code modification marks a substantial change in the goals of Patched as it potentially creates a default, inherited incompatibility with an indeterminate number of modules, blocks and other add-on solutions with baseline PHP-Nuke. The problem being that not everyone is using the "Patched" code for modules and/or blocks due to custom mods employed by those users. To create an incompatibility defies the intensions of Patched which is to provide stabilization.

As this problem extends to other critical modules including Groups, YA and even affects NukeSentinel and other security solutions with no prior notice given to the community of users or developers, nor documented instructions on the changes that must be applied to any scripts that this change impacts (the aforementioned blocks and modules) and while I like the modification and appreciate what it does, I would humbly suggest that the patched team consider reverting to the previous methodology to eliminate this serious problem with Patched 3.1 that will affect all modules and blocks and actually incorporate those changes into Patched 3.2. Thus also, to annotate the changes that will be necessary to incorporate this major change into any module, block or core code.

Just my two cents.
Steph

BobMarion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I went thru my backup cd's and found the following on Patched 3.1 versions: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (<-directory closed)

The dates are the dates that I downloaded copies to compare to the prior copy so they would not match anything in ChatServs CVS records, or I don't think they would.

BTW, this is just the 3.1 section of my backups of patched Smile

Tendency

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote

This is the most frustrating thing I ever did. All these patches, changes, versions..etc. I only wanted to install sentinal on 7.6 like I did a year or so ago. You know when it worked with no issues? Now its filled with errors, denied access and blank pages. Ok, lets install 7.9 patched 3.1 and sentinal, should work right? hell no. Then looking for fixes come to find its junk. Ok, install 7.6 patched 3.1 and then install sentinal. Work? hell no. The mainfile is so completely different in the instruction. Then look for fixes and everything is different. Blank pages, access denied, no forums. What's the point of all this wasted time? Then you make us use patched so all the great modules and add-ons dont function right? Hell, im going back to the 7.6 from codezwiz. Sentinal and Patched Series can kiss my ...........

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:
I would humbly suggest that there be a freeze on changes to current revisions and new changes be available in either annotated form (for the next revision) or in CVS (for the next revision) or both.

I agree. I think better documentation is needed, so I set up my own CVS just to do that. My own project tries to streamline patches into one core set. Even does some function checking, so files remain essentially backwards-compatible. I'll annotate all the changes to the Patched files, and any change that I find. Unfortunately chatserv has yet to use it, but I'd love to see it used. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Part of the problem is that we do want to eliminate global variables. Such changes are needed for security. But perhaps we should retain the old variables for compatibility, at least until a major 4.0 Patched version comes out. Eventually, these changes should make it into phpNuke itself. (It isn't like FB has done a great job of maintaining compability either hehe)

What do you think?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:16 am Reply with quote

64bitguy wrote:

It's bad enough keeping up with revisions, but when changes happen in an existing revision version, it is nearly impossible for webmasters to keep up with where they are, nevermind developers.

just my two cents.
Steph

HERE HERE 64bitguy, i totally agree
at this point im about to just give up on NS because of all the confusion related to core file edits. and then to find out that the files i have from my version of 3.1 are not the same as other 3.1 revised versions.

64bitguy if you need any extra cash i would be interested in hiring you for some work on my site. just drop me an email at ethugsru@ethugsrus(DOT)net.

mathewps2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:50 am Reply with quote

Yeah, i had the same problem when i tried installing sentinel, Im using protector but im not sure if its safe... theres alot of exploits on mine, if i were to install sentinel would that fix it?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:46 pm Reply with quote

You need to upgrade to the latest patch level. Then make sure all of your addons are up to date. Then, get rid of Protector and install NukeSentinel(tm). It is much more secure and thorough.

Maclain
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:36 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I had this same problem, and i have now fixed it after MANY patch attempts.

So, here is the final main.php code that relates to sentinel, for all you that need it Smile

The main issue is altering this section

Quote:

#
#
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("../../includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
} else {
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_head.php"); }
if (defined('NUKE_HEADER') && file_exists("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php")) { @include_once("includes/custom_files/custom_header.php"); }
}

#
#
//@require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
//@require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} else {
//@require_once("includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("includes/nukesentinel.php");
}

in actual fact you need to find code

Code:

} else {

}

AFTER ADD
Code:

@require_once(INCLUDE_PATH."includes/nukesentinel.php");

which results in the following
Code:

} else {

}

}

the rest is as says in the Edits_For_Core_files - mainfile7.6.php.

As I say, i had all the issues mentioned above, and strongly agree with the not making changes to released patches.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to install sentinel on patched 7.6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I had this same problem, and i have now fixed it after MANY patch attempts.

So, here is the final main.php code that relates to sentinel, for all you that need it Smile

The main issue is altering this section

Quote:

#
#
} else {
}

#
#
//@require_once("../../../includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("../../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
//@require_once("../../includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("../../includes/nukesentinel.php");
} else {
//@require_once("includes/ipban.php");
@include_once("includes/nukesentinel.php");
}

in actual fact you need to find code

Code:

} else {

}

AFTER ADD
Code:

which results in the following
Code:

} else {

}

}

the rest is as says in the Edits_For_Core_files - mainfile7.6.php.

As I say, i had all the issues mentioned above, and strongly agree with the not making changes to released patches.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to install sentinel on patched 7.6

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote

These seem to be duplicate posts but about 45 minutes apart. Are they or is the second one an update?

Adis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote

I was supposed to install sentinel on phpnuke 7.6 patched 3.2b. Im having problems with editing mainfile.php then I looked for solutions here and got headache from all this. Sad What is the right thing to do with patched 3.2b? Sentinel is talking about patched v. 3.1 Im really confused.

Thx for your help

tooly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote

As far as the Blank Admin Forum page that appears on Nuke 7.6 this is the fix you more than likely need.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I hope that helps solve that problem cause it did for me.

tina
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:45 am Reply with quote

Just wanted to add that tooly's post with the link to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] also fixed my problems.

I had white screen of death on the forum admin page. I have recently downloaded nuke 7.6 (from nuke.org) and then downloaded patch 3.2 (i thought I had downloaded from nukescripts but obviously not) and installed - however most of the things put in this post were not added to the patch I had. This is probably a problem with different patch versions as mentioned in another post.

All files except for the initial change to the mainfile.php had to be edited.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic