Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote

leaves me out with 6.5....bummer

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Actually it doesn't at least I don't think it does. Maybe I should release my version for those using 6.9 down....

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:03 pm Reply with quote

I would add it to my site....

buildingmaster01
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote

I haven't recieved those corrected files from you yet.

The next release is on 5/17 (Tues.). I asked, and it should solve all my problems. I am using 7.0.

Dauthus
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote

It is running on 7.4 (which is what my site runs) fine so far.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:23 pm Reply with quote

I'll be waiting for your 6.9 and below release. Nice graphics in your sig also......

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:40 pm Reply with quote

I was just checking to see if perhaps there was any news on the blog for below 6.9? I visited your site Curtis and only saw 6.9 & above. Also interested to know where you are in TX?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote

It's been an extremely long project. It still isn't really completed to my satisfaction. There are still issues with the trackback function and weird things happen when you delete a user that had a blog. As far as what versions it will work with... well I only port for 6.9 since that is what I use personally. However, I feel that it will work ok with versions 6.5 to at least 7.3 with little to no modifications.

I was going to release what I have so far but just have been so busy with other projects that I haven't been able to review my code to see if there is anything else I have "hard coded" in for testing purposes that might cause issues for others. I also am in the middle of testing it with BBtoNuke 2.0.15 to ensure there are no problems there.

The folks at nukekorea were working on a 7.6 version of this mod (the code I initially started with before reworking) but I am starting to fear that developement has fallen off as there have been no new status reports in a long time and I have noticed that the version available on their site (members can create and test a blog there) still have many broken functions (fixed in my version) and such. I only bring this up because for those that are interested they have their version available in the downloads section of their site.

Hang in there a bit longer and I will pull all of the files and review them.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

I visited your site Curtis and only saw 6.9 & above. Also interested to know where you are in TX?

By the way... the only blog I have available for download on my site is NukeBlog and the incomplete NukeBlog2 both of which are by Trevor of trevor.net

Neither are the blog that is actually used on my site.

Quote:
Also interested to know where you are in TX?

Waco. Smile

Deseroka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:10 am Reply with quote

Thaks for the update Curtis. It was one of the things on my 'what I want to do' list and just thought I'd check while over here looking about.
I grew up in TX-the other side of the country--ahem-- I mean state tho--right by the Louisiana line in SE TX so was curious. I miss it sometimes.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:06 am Reply with quote

I have a working copy for 6.9 with just a few minor bugs left, however there is a pretty major bug in the original coding that can present problems.

The issue is when you have an existing member that has created a blog and later has his account at the site deleted his blog and blog settings remain in the database, worse still is that the next user to create a blog will end up with the deleted users blog, settings and all. It can create some major confusion for the user.

A savvy admin with this fore knowledge would know how to handle this via phpMyAdmin but I fear there are way too many users that would stumble on this issue. So I just don't see much point of releasing this mod to the general public. PLUS on top of that I can just see the folks at NukeKorea thinking that I have stolen their work, even though I ended up having re-ported from the stock phpBB mod to make it work right on my site because there were too many errors and broken functions in the NukeKorea release for my tatste. I only included their Transparent Template and Blog_List module and of course giving them the appropriate credit. Still not sure what is going on with them either. It looks like developement for it at there site has fallen off a bit, but am just not sure.

However, as I have said before, my version has very few bugs in comparison to the RC Version available at NukeKorea and mine does work on 6.5 to at least 6.9

If some of you who are experienced with mods like this and are interested in trying it out on your own site and be a part of the porting process you are welcome to join my site. Join the Beta Team user group and then you can download the current version I have available.

I am doing it this way because I do not want an incomplete mod released to the public where it may cause problems. If I can get it all sorted then a public release will make sense.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:38 am Reply with quote

Thank you again for the update. I may just go with setting up a subdomain and letting them join that if they like. I've got so much going on that I don't wanna add to it making sure everyone gets their own blog. I've got Nucleus running for a client as a blog and it might just work as a sub domain for me.

buildingmaster01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:58 pm Reply with quote

Nuke Korea doesn't seem to be in a hurry for releasing the version that should fix all this. I tried a fix suggested in this thread, but it doesn't even work. Anyone have anything that I can use with 7.0?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote

I will be releasing my ported version for beta testing very soon. It has very few bugs and I believe no broken functions in comparison to the Nukekorea version and I have stripped out the features that are not useable in nuke so as not to confuse members who would not understand there inclusion. Feel free to join my site and join the Beta Team user group. Members of the Beta Team will have access to the beta realease this week. However, if you do join and use the beta release I really need you to provide feedback. Smile

ToolBox
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:14 pm Reply with quote

Oops... CurtisH makes another good progress? WoW. That sounds great.
Blog MOD itself is ok as I released.
One of big troubles which I have been hanging on was "auto-synch" to BB2Nuke default theme-pack (generic subSilver) & external forum templates.

Another thing was Blog Module (not Blog MOD). Just stripping off Blog posts does not make sense in that Blog posts and all replies can have extended BB codes. Successfully, Blogs module works with my own BB code parsers with "Recent Blog Post block."

The last one is template. To support Advanced Blog mod, we spent more time on it. There is another method to user-friendly and user-side customization one. Probably, 0.3.0 version will include fully-fledged advanced blog options which enables users to customize their templates within phpnuke frame not like hyperion's separate browser options.

Finally, we added more blog options for 0.2.4 version: 1) hierarchical category album with supercharger pack to blog, 2) extendable profilers, 3) external RSS/RDF hierarchy readers.

Ooopss.... too much uncovered. At any event, that blog mod is around 40% of the whole blog engine project in our team. This project just jsut tiny one part of the big picture, Nuke Express and Community Portal project.

At any event, it sounds so sweet to hear that CurtisH are working on Blog MOD. That will be good interaction.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:01 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the vote of confidence ToolBox, and it is nice to hear from you again.

In regards to my work on this mod, that has come to an end. It is a nice mod but unfortunately there are too many issues that I did not wish to recode for proper operation.

As stated before, my main goal was to get a solid version operating for 6.9 which I have done. The few people who wanted a copy that would work on 6.9 now have it. I think that is good enough.

I am also glad to hear that you haven't quit working on it as many had feared. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic