Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Hi

Extremely bizzarre problem to report.

While recoding PHP-Nuke 7.8's Advertising module, I discovered that the block named "block-Advertising.php" would not show up on the blocks list.

If I renamed that exact same block to "block-Ads.php" it would.

I have no idea what would cause that problem

To add insult to injury, I added a copyright notice to the module; however, when you click on that Copyright notice, you get a 500 Error inside the copyright notice.

Again, no idea what could be causing that.

For the heck of it, I used the exact same copyright notice that works in another 7.8 module... same result.. no workie in the Advertising Module.

Then, I thought maybe this problem was related the sub-domain, so I copied the entire module with the copyright to my 76 sub-domain, only it worked there.

So, this is either a new NukeSentinel issue (anything past 2.1.3) or a new Nuke 7.8 issue. Which I haven't figured out yet. I've checked all of the includes and the mainfile, but I've no clue so far what could be causing either the block or module issue.

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Steph

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote

It's there in my 6.9 also. I can't imagine how NukeSentinel would have anything to do with the blocks listing. NukeSentinel doesn't operate on code like that. We need a virgin 7.8 site to test this on. If no one else has one I'll throw one up. BTW, it works all the way to Advertisin.php and/or AdvertisingStandard.php. It's just the full word. I've seen this before and addressed it - somewhere. I need to dig in my archives .....

64bitguy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote

What's weird is that it works fine on both of my 7.6 domains.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote

Are they patched 3.1?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote

One is patched 2.8 one is patched 3.1

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Go into phpMyAdmin and delete the block(s) from the table. Once I did that it got restored correctly. Don't know - Don't care ROTFL

64bitguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote

Well, mine wasn't even active. It simply would not show up as an available block in the first place. Like I said, when I renamed the file, it showed up as an available file which allowed me to actually create the block.

If I have it in there as just block-Advertising.php it won't show up as an available block.

What about the Copyright function in the Module?

Steph

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quote

Mine wasn't active either. I had more than 1 block like that that wouldn't show. After I deleted them from the table they showed right up.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote

You're not going to believe this, but turning output buffering on fixed it.

I couldn't beleive that it wasn't on already on my domain, but I added it to my php.ini and suddenly it started working. No idea why this only affected 7.8

Steph

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Output buffering is always on on my server so for me, that wasn't it. Very strange one indeed. Mine just required dropping and readding. I wonder if adding it really helped or the fact that you restarted Apache?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:50 pm Reply with quote

That could be, but it makes me wonder why it would work on all domains except this one.

Steph

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote

An easy test would be to turn ob off and restart Apache.

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote

As far as I can find within NukeSentinel there is nothing blocking "Advertising" but I will look deeper.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic