Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x
smash11480

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Ok first of all I thank you guys for making the sentinal. I am sure it took alot of time and dedication.

I have one problem however. The readme that comes with the package and the installation instructions I have found on this site and in these forums do not match, in fact there are different versions for each place. I think this is what is causing so many people to have problems installing, same as me.

The problem is in the .staccess and .htaccess, yes I know, I am sure you guys are about sick and tired of holding people's hands through this.

So last night I installed via the readme included with the package and with the installation notes found on your website. I am quite sure that so far as the readme goes I did everything perfectly.

When the installation was complete I went to log into admin and wouldnt you know I got that pop up window and after three try's error 404. After three hours of trying to make my own .staccess and .htaccess scripts with no luck I loaded the backup of the website that I made prior to this attempt and went to sleep.

I think what I did wrong was I loaded the access files prior to logging into admin sentinal and setting things up(exactly what I am supposed to do in there I am not sure yet as I was focusing on being able to log in last night) If this is correct I havent gotten a clue because the readme says that you should upload the access files first with the rest of the file uploads, then run the ntsns(whatever file) and then edit all of the specific nuke files. Nowhere in the readme does it mention logging into the admin Bang Head

Furthermore, according the website it says nothing about modifying files or accessing admin somwhere in the installation process. And agian it says to upload the access files first.

I learned in the forums that the access files should not be loaded up untill after you set things in admin, but not clearly when to set things in admin or what to set them to.

So if somone (preferably somone who really knows about this script) would take the time to type in installation instructions that are a bit more clear that would be very helpfull to me. I understand where files go, and how to modify them, my question is more along the lines of exactly what steps do I need to do so I can get this upgrade and still be able to access admin of both my site and sentinal.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the novel.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quote

yeah your a litle bit right on that...
so is it working for you now?
But i know a few coders that will actualy say"isnt it obvious to upload all ,run install then take care of any authentication method your gonna use"... Sad

smash11480

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote

I uploaded the backup I had of my website and now I am waiting for a reply before I attempt another install.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote

Well its easy Smile
Upload all the files...(wait with that .htaccess stuff)
Make sure all edits are done..(just a few lines here and there)
Then run the install...
Then the htaccess stuff ,set admin and password..
That should do it...

smash11480

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Ok thanks, I will try agian tonight.

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:28 am Reply with quote

Code:
sample.htaccess and sample.staccess are samples of the CGIAuth system. In the

sample.htaccess file you will see a sample of the code needed to use CGIAuth and
the sample.staccess, while empty, if renamed to .staccess, uploaded to your server
then chmoded to 666 will store the CGIAuth AID's and Passwords.

For those that do not understand that these samples are applied after completing setup I'm adding to the above:
Code:
 ONLY ADD the

CGIAuth sample code after setting up the rest of NukeSentinel(tm), otherwise you
will be locked out of your sites admin section.

scriptleek
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:17 am Reply with quote

Hi, i was asking myself.. isn't there another way to get access again.. stupidly(i know..still had no sleep..heheh) i added the .access files 1 phase to early Bang Head and guess it ... yup.. can't get into my admin without password and username which i should had made one step earlier grrrr.. was almost there. Sad

Ok..ok..read..read..i know but to make a long story short..stupidity done.. but what can i do now to continue building my site? in the above post there is no alternative to find than install the whole site again!?

Can anybody please help me out here?

Many thnx;
scriptleek.

v7.6 patched 3.1

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote

and what is the problem ?
Locked out?

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:34 am Reply with quote

Hi hitwalker, yup..locked out.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:53 am Reply with quote

1) Remove the references from the .htaccess file for the .htpasswd functions.
2) Go into phpMyAdmin and find the PREFIX_nsnst_blocked_ips table.
2a) Browse the table
2b) Delete the entry that has your IP address in it
3) Find the PREFIX_nsnst_config table
3a) Browse the table
3b) Find the entries for staccess_path
3c) EDIT that entry and simply remove the destination value DO NOT DELETE THE ENTIRE ENTRY.
4) Find the PREFIX_nsnst_admins table
4a) Browse the table
4b) Delete any entry that is there.
5) check your .htaccess file and make sure there is no entry that says DENY FROM .... YOUR IP ADDRESS. If it is there, delete it.

You should now be able to access your domain and continue with your installation.

Once you complete installation and the "God" account setup and your settings are all done (nuke and forums) then go ahead and add the .htaccess code back in and then set the preferences inside NukeSentinel by following the defined procedures for setting up an admin with encrypted password inside NukeSentinel.

Last edited by 64bitguy on Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 am; edited 2 times in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:54 am Reply with quote

exactly,your fast steph..

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:03 am Reply with quote

hi 64bitguy, many thnx for the reply.. it is much better for me to get some rest now and do this with a clear mind.. haven't slept for about 20 hrs now lol and i'm getting a bit trippy now.. i mean overfilled ashtrays are burning.. stuff is moving..heheh.
Btw when i remove the references from the .htaccess file and try to overwrite it it can't be done..no permission to overwrite this file.. i don't have shell just [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Man where is my luck today.. so i will look at this after a few hours of sleep.

Again thnx for your time.

Regards;
Scriptleek.

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:08 am Reply with quote

You don't need shell access to edit your .htaccess file(s), just as a heads-up. If your host has Cpanel or the like, use the editor in there to edit it. If this is a brand new build, simply delete the entire file. When you've finished everything else you can upload a new one.

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Hi, well looks bad... i managed to find 1 entry in the nsnst_admins table i deleted it but still i get the pwcheck window because of (i think) the .htaccess file on which i have no control on. My hosting cpanel doesn't have a function to edit .htaccess it only shows my user status. Is there another possibillity to edit the .htaccess file or am i doomed now.

I use ws_ftp pro but couldn't find a option for this.

Thnx,
Scriptleek

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote

You don't have a "file editor" in your cpanel?

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:28 pm Reply with quote

hi 64bitguy ...nope... Confused

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote

you dont have phpmyadmin ?

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:51 pm Reply with quote

Yes, that..i have.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote

yeah i just read that..stupid..
but how did you get the htaccess file in the root if you cant edit it now ?
And in your root do you SEE your htaccess file ?

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:56 pm Reply with quote

oh hi hitwalker, with my ftp i dragged it to my rootdirectory chmodded the file and renamed as was told in the sentinel description. and when it is renamed it disappears and i can't see it in the root anymore.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:00 pm Reply with quote

oh thats simple(or not in your case of ftp)..
I think your dutch huh...?
But ok...
go the the directory of your ftp and see if you can find some type of setting that lets you show the "HIDDEN FILES" (show all) on your root,its off i guess otherwise you would have seen it..

scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:02 pm Reply with quote

yup..dutch i am Cheers ok let me check that one out..back in a few..

hitwalker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote

ok if you dont have it on your ftp client ask someone else or invite me or anyone else..

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:04 pm Reply with quote

In your ftp program, look for a setting that allows you to see hidden files.

I use Flash FXP for a transfer program and that is how I see hidden files. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Last edited by 64bitguy on Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total 
scriptleek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote

hm .. ok will check on that one 2.. Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.4.x

View next topic
View previous topic