Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Unless this has been resolved privately there is another alternative you may want to look into. One of my admins has a MAC with OS X too, and we've been unable to get http auth to work for him. He can make it work when he's at work not using a MAC but not at home with the MAC. I believe that HTTP Auth depends on browser support and the MAC Safari browser may be buggy in this regard. Also, apparently the MAC IE browser so maybe it is operating system dependent.

I've googled things like OSX and HTTP Auth and there's some results that would lead me to believe that there may be problems but not enough to let me make a definitive conclusion. Still, it is something you could look into ... try it on a different machine in your case rather than beating your head against the wall.

We are going to do some more controlled experiments with my Coadministrator on the phone and me turning http auth on an off as he works on his MAC and maybe a windows machine side by side but it will take us some weeks to get to it. I'll report back unless I see that the problem is resolved beforehand.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Thanks. I do not have access to a MAC (Raven shudders almost uncontrollably) so any help you can give is appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic