Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4
Cirque
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:59 am Reply with quote

I am using Nuke 7.4, upgraded the forums BBtoNuke from 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 then 2.0.13 then added the latest Chatserve 2.9 patch, put back in the things like Sentinel's required edits to mainfile, and a couple other basics.

Everything seems great, until I try to goto the forum admin and all I get is a blank page. The forums seem to be there, I just can not admin them.

Anyone have an idea whats going on?

Mesum
Useless

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, 2.9 disable the path errors, I think you need to look at chatserv's post about edits you need to make if you are using 2.9 and Sentinel in Sentinel forums section.

Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote

In includes/sentinel.php find:
Code:
// Load required scripts

if ($forum_admin == 1) {
  require_once("../../../config.php");
  require_once("../../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../../";
} elseif ($inside_mod == 1) {
  require_once("../../config.php");
  require_once("../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../";
} else {
  require_once("config.php");
  require_once("db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "";
}

Change to:
Code:
// Load required scripts

if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {
  require_once("../../../config.php");
  require_once("../../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../../";
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
  require_once("../../config.php");
  require_once("../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../";
} else {
  require_once("config.php");
  require_once("db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "";
}

and on mainfile.php find:
Code:
   if ($forum_admin == 1) {

include_once("../../../includes/sentinel.php");
   } elseif ($inside_mod == 1) {
       include_once("../../includes/sentinel.php");
   } else {
       include_once("includes/sentinel.php");
   }

Change to:
Code:
if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {

include("../../../includes/sentinel.php");
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
   include("../../includes/sentinel.php");
} else {
   include("includes/sentinel.php");
}

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote

No need to add a @ in front of the include and require lines, 2.9's mainfile.php will silence errors anyway.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:57 pm Reply with quote

chatserv wrote:
No need to add a @ in front of the include and require lines, 2.9's mainfile.php will silence errors anyway.

Chat, does this comment also then apply to modules and blocks that are run under the nuke structure (i.e., someone isn't trying to call them directly)?

I am working on a module and block and was wondering if I needed to change all my includes and requires to have the @ sign in front. So are you saying that as long as a higher level include/require has the @ in front that any subsequently included/required scripts will by inheritance be "silenced"?

TIA,
montego

Cirque

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:09 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, that solved it.

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Yes montego, the line basically turns off display_errors, if you still want to silence all includes and requires do go ahead, no harm in doing so and it'll benefit anyone not running Nuke Patched.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote

Great. Thanks!

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote

chatserv wrote:
it'll benefit anyone not running Nuke Patched.

That is what I call *unprotected Nukin'* and should be avoided by ALL. Remember, if you don't *protect* you had better *abstain*!

ROTFL

pappadee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:44 am Reply with quote

Guys I wonder if someone can help me out here, I thought this thread was going to provide me with the solution but it doesn't as I'm guessing this solution applys to chatserv 2.9 when installed.

I have a 7.4 nuke site with then 2.0.11 phpbb which i think was the standard version. So after some research I found that version 2.0.17 appears to be the most current release.

I also found out that i have to apply each version between 11 to 17 as the patches are not bundled together to supersede the previous patch.

Now i patch 2.0.12, 13 ok no problems infact 14,15,16 and 17 all go ok with no problems. Except that at some point and i think this point is about 13 or 14 I seem to have lost the forums admin screen i.e when i select it from the the admin link at bottom of forums screen i get a blank white screen. very odd. So i try the forums icon in the admin menuunder nuke administraton and the same thing.

So i notice this thread and try the change to the sentinal file no joy and then i try the mainfile.php file and i then notice the info to look for in my mainfile.php isnt the same as pasted by chatserv. In fact when the change is made my whole site brings up a white blank page. So i reversed this action. I do run sentinel btw.

So guys Im stuck now with what appears to be an ok running site still web is running ok and forums are running ok, but I am not able to look at the forum admin section anymore just get the white screen.

I knwo this happened around 2.0.13 - 2.0.14 because i noticed a new warning line appear at the bottom of the forum screen when in admin mode warning me of a more up to date version and i think the last number i saw there was 2.0.14

Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

Cheers.

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote

Add $forum_admin = 1; to pagestart.php, if you can access the forum's admin section you need to patch a vulnerability that relates to $forum_admin, do a search for it on this site.

pappadee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:09 am Reply with quote

thanks for the reply chartserv, you need to be a little gentle with me here chartserv m8, my php code skills are basic.

I think i have found the pagestart.php file in the modules/Forums/admin/ but i do not know where abouts to place that code in the file.

I have also done a search as you suggested and I am currently reading through the results.

it appears that sentinel is the root of this issue, Im guessing. What is the best way to remove sentinel so i have a working site and then i can re-exmine installing an updated version of sentienl later.

Sorry for sounding a little thick here.

Cheers.

pappadee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:45 am Reply with quote

ok an update with some progress made, i found a thread with some good info that seemed to fix my forums admin issue here...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

But i still have a problem of not being able to use the messages section all i get on a white page is

Code:
You can't access this file directly...

Is there another file i need to edit in relation to the messgae section working.?

Any ideas guys, please.

pappadee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:54 am Reply with quote

i found and tried this suggestion but no luck.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote

These errors basically mean you are not using Nuke Patched so open the messages index file and change:
Code:
if ( !defined('MODULE_FILE') )

{
   die("You can't access this file directly...");
}

to:
Code:
if (!stristr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], "modules.php")) {

die ("You can't access this file directly...");
}

pappadee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quote

wow, chatserv you are a star m8. I small donation for your troubles on it's way.

thanks very much it appears to be working now with your code change.

Cheers,

Pappa

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote

Had the same problems and found this thread essential in solving them. Here's a couple of other gotcha's:

In Mainfile.php there is this code referencing forum_admin also:

Code:
if ($forum_admin != 1) {

if (isset($newlang) AND !eregi("\.","$newlang")) {
   if (file_exists("language/lang-".$newlang.".php")) {
       setcookie("lang",$newlang,time()+31536000);
       include("language/lang-".$newlang.".php");
       $currentlang = $newlang;

I believe this should also be change to the "if defined" code. Note the negation on the condition cause I didn't at first and it causes some strange problems. In other words you want "if (!defined ...)".

Also in db.php there is a "if ($forum_admin = 1)" statement that needs to be changed.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.4

View next topic
View previous topic