Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
gstrategic
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

window.open('http://www.vancouverbiz.net', 'popup', 'width=200, height=200, top=7, left=7, menubar=0, scrollbars=0, location=0, toolbar=0, resizable=0, status=0');

}

I need help with making this javascript popup to work with php. I've read around and haven't been successful.

Thanks,

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Add this to includes/javascript.php. I'll assume you want this called as a function in body onload.
Code:
echo "<scr^ipt>

function popup() {
    window.open('http://www.vancouverbiz.net', 'popup', 'width=200, height=200, top=7, left=7, menubar=0, scrollbars=0, location=0, toolbar=0, resizable=0, status=0');
}
</scr^ipt>";

In your themes/YOURTHEME/theme.php is where the <body> tag is constructed so you can add your onLoad="popup" code there. You could also try using a window.onload=popup statement in your javascript routine.

gstrategic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:21 pm Reply with quote

I did load the script in includes/javascript.php, but not successful with adding the onLoad command. I tried both; but I guess it's the syntax that I got wrong. Exactly how do you write the syntax to load this function and where?

Thanks,

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote

<body onload="popup">

gstrategic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:25 pm Reply with quote

I tried that and it didn't work.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote

It should if you loaded the javascript in the javascript.php file. Check the page source and see if the javascript is getting loaded correctly. Also type [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in your browser URL to see what the error is, if any.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic