Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
shmk
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote

I cannot make e right backend.php because I got these errors:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Someone can help me ?
(I have to use letters like à è ù...)

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:42 pm Reply with quote

You cannot use HTML or Symbols in your article titles. Wherever you have a new article that has an & symbol in the title or description, you need to change that to the word, "and". You also cannot use quotes or other illegal characters.

Also remember that the output is ISO-8859-1 and NOT Unicode. Therefor things like ligature AE are not permitted in the output. You'll have to dump all of the \x92 and other not standard coded functions (beyond the ISO latin definitions) from your content to pass validation.

shmk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Is there some function in phpnuke (or php) to make this (like striphtml) or I have to made some "replace in string" by myself ?

64bitguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote

You can modify the output using PHP references, but it should be explained that this CAN be a complicated matter depending on the output standard concerned (meaning 0.91, 2.0, Atom, etc..)

Of course each RSS/XML has different specifications.

For information, I would review: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It gets even more complicated when you are using ISO-8859-1 (which PHP-Nuke uses) instead of UTF-8 which could convert by default foreign characters to standard output (depending on your database table definitions ... which varies from MySQL 4.0 to 4.1, etc...) whereas ISO-8859-1 doesn't have any unicode functionality and thus can't handle those foreign characters corretly.

I realize this isn't much help, but as I said, much of this is reliant on your particular method of storing the data and the technologies applied to convert that data to a standardized output.

There is some good information here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hope this helps.
Steph

shmk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:36 am Reply with quote

I solved much of my problem making this function

Code:
   $string = preg_replace(array('/&/'), array('&'), $string);

$string = preg_replace(array('/</','/>/','/"/'), array('&lt;','&gt;','&quot;'), $string);
   $string = preg_replace(array('/</','/>/','/"/'), array('&lt;','&gt;','&quot;'), $string);
   $string = preg_replace(array('/&amp;nbsp;/','/&amp;euro;/'), array(' ','euro'), $string);
   $string = preg_replace(array('/&amp;agrave;/','/&amp;egrave;/','/&amp;igrave;/','/&amp;ograve;/','/&amp;ugrave;/'), array('à','è','ì','ò','ù'), $string);
   $string = preg_replace(array('/&amp;aacute;/','/&amp;eacute;/','/&amp;iacute;/','/&amp;oacute;/','/&amp;uacute;/'), array('á','é','í','ó','ú'), $string);
   return $string;

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic