Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
MrApples

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote

im going to finally upgrade my site's nuke installation to something more recent
i currently have:
nuke 6.9 w/ some random patches
phpbb 2.0.5

what is my best plan of action for this upgrade? and should i used the patch 7.7 from nukeresources?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote

If your site is not heavily modded and you can add those mod's w/o too much trouble, then I would recommend:

- Backup your entire site and databases.
- Delete ALL your site files.
- FTP the files for the version that you want to use.
- FTP the latest patches for the version that you used in the previous step.
- Update the config.php file with your MySQL settings from your old site. Do not attempt to just use your old config.php file as there are changes in the later releases.
- From the upgrades folder in the version you are just installed, copy every single upgrade file from 6.9-7.0 ... 7.x-7.x to your root nuke folder, where config.php is located. Then, execute each one, in order.
- Next, in the modules/Forums folder, execute the files update_to_205.php - update_to_210.php.
- Then, to upgrade to 2.0.15, I believe you can get those from Chatserv's site.

I think I have covered everything but don't hesitate to question me ROTFL

MrApples

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote

thanks for the reply

that all sounds good, but i was just wondering about this installer: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

it says it can upgrade from 6.9 to 7.7, would that be a one step thing or the same as you described above?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Laughing Smack Bang Head I entirely forgot about that!! You still have to ftp all the files Smile

MrApples

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quote

so, just to make sure, i...

backup my entire site and database
delete all my current files
ftp the nukeresources patched 7.7 and the installer i linked to
update config.php

is there anything else as far as the forums or the nuke update or is that covered by the installer?

oh and another question, i have a number of themes available for use on my site, and obviously many users use different themes, what happens if i do not re-upload these themes for the new installation, and users have them selected for use?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote

A missing user theme will automatically default to your default theme in Preferences.

I don't believe the nuke resources patched contains all the files. The last I knew, Chat only provides the patched files, not the originals. So, you would ftp the virgin version that you are going to use and then ftp the patches over them. Then run the installer to upgrade the database.

Last edited by Raven on Sat May 21, 2005 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total 
MrApples

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quote

ok, thanks, ill let you know how it goes

MrApples

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:40 am Reply with quote

upgrade went fine, thanks again

now to fix nextgen...

dcasmr
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Does Nextgen need to re-intalled after a Nuke Upgrade? Any suggestion on how to mimize troubles for getting NextGen to work after an upgrade from 7.4 to 7.6?

Thanks

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be reinstalled although the url's may have changed and you would need to adjust those.

dcasmr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Raven. I am always nervous with upgrades, however, after reading your suggestions for upgrading, I think I will be ok.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic