Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5
Darrell3831
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I upgraded from 7.3/2.9 patched, to 7.5/3.1 patched several months ago.

I'm having trouble with the submit news feature.

A text submission works as expected. The carriage returns are replaced with the br / tag. However if an HTML submission is made it's totally messed up. It is accepted by the software with no warning messages. Unless of course you use a tag that is not allowed.

Then, I end up with a submission with all the HTML tags stripped out. Even br tags. The entire submission is one huge block of text. No paragraphs, no HTML.

It makes it very difficult to figure out what the author intended. It even happens when I do it myself.

This did work before.

I am sure that it's not a problem of entering HTML tags that are in the do not allow list. (array)

What else could I check that might be stripping HTML tags even though I allow HTML news submissions?

Thanks,
Darrell

Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:24 pm Reply with quote

I wonder if your problem is caused by a direct upgrade without going in steps? Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote

I did upgraded the database in steps.

Humm, first I backed everything up. Then copied the 7.5 over top of my 7.3. Then I ran the 7.3 > 7.4 > 7.5 upgrade scripts.

Then I copied the 3.1 patches on top of that.

I had a few problems but they were all related to thrid party scripts that needed special edits. As we all know the upgrade proccess whipes out everything you've manually edited to date....

I still havent figured this out if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks for the reply Curtis.

Darrell

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.5

View next topic
View previous topic