Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> GT - Next Gen and Standard
count

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Ok so this thing has screwed me, well this along with a really crappy host.

Installed it and had to remove it. Was giving Server error 500. Restored all the files from a backup and now every page I tried to access while GT was installed is giving Server Error 500.

index.php
header.php
footer.php
admin.php
mainfile.php

Hoping its just a server will recover thing.

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:47 am Reply with quote

Have you removed the rewrite rules from your htaccess file?

Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:58 pm Reply with quote

Empty temporary internet files or hit the reload on any page that gives you the error, it's probly just showing the last page that was stored in temporary files. Might help.. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:05 pm Reply with quote

Overwrote every file, deleted temp files and cookies, no luck.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is the site. Maybe its just me

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quote

well at that address i dont see anything..

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Temporarily rename your .htaccess file to .htaccess_bu and retry viewing your site. If it loads for you then you will need to edit your .htaccess file.

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote

well its completely gone...
domain itself to..http://www.drgnreal.com

count

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote

htaccess is empty and renamed.

can access any page except for those previously listed
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and another
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

its really weird. I think I could move the whole site somewhere else and everything would be ok. I swear if this space wasn't fee I would drop that host like a bad habit.

Last edited by count on Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total 
count

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote

there was never anything on the top level drgnreal.com doesn't have any pages in it Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote

well is there a reason why your site is in a subdomain ?
any when i checked 15 mninutes ago when i did a trace it couldnt even determine your ip,so probably was no connection...
but now i can see all Smile

grantb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote

You should add a line to your .htaccess:
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.php
Using this will make the site load by going to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and not having to have to use [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] A little off topic but hey why not.. Wink And what url's are you talking about.. the ones you listed in the first post?.. because only index.php and admin.php are the only ones that should be used as a url??

count

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:06 pm Reply with quote

you can see the index ?

Its in a sub domain cause the space is donated. Still learning, and trying to get everything set up before its moved to a real host and I point the domain to it.

Ip well its hosted at ipowerweb ( never ever ever go there unless you want space to put up pirate software) tons of space, massive limitations.

This whole project was just a way to pass the time and learn something new. Not even sure if the domain will be opened Smile

hitwalker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote

well yeah,i can navigate on the whole site..
no problems.

count

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote

Yes only admin and index are used. But it was looking like any php that was accessed with google tap installed was generating 500 errors.

grantb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote

One thing to note as well is that most free hosts I have tried have no uptime garantee and go offline alot.. like while your navigating a site it works then not then works again all within a few seconds. Once you are ready to get some "real" hosting then definatly check out Raven's hosting packages, especially if your planning on using PhpNuke for your site. Very Happy

count

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Host isn't free, the space is donated from a friend of mine. If the site does launch I have already been eye'ing Raven Smile

Tell all your friends though. Avoid Ipowerweb like the plague. Had nothing but problems trying to work around their weird system, which doesn't help with learning Smile

My favorite problem: DB's a limited to 50k queries per hour per user. I hit that limit a couple days ago. 2 hours later it was still locked. When I asked the help desk whats going on and explained to them that it has been down for 2 hours their responce was "Make a new DB user" :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> GT - Next Gen and Standard

View next topic
View previous topic