Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
dynamics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote

I have recently created a website and yanked all the B.S. out of it leaving only the needed Your Account module and the custom modules that I requrie. I uploaded the NukeCops Analyzer and everything looks fine. I scrolled to the bottom and noticed the MySQL Status bar and would like to know if the status is good. If not what are some possible items I could implement to make it better?

Uptime: 434989
Threads: 1
Questions: 269959
Slow Queries: 0
Opens: 6628
Flush Tables: 1
OpenTables: 131
Queries per second avg: 0.621

I would like to add that all of my insert or update table statements are followed by an optimize table statement to keep the database as clean as possible.

Any good input is welcome.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quote

I don't know what status bar you are referring to?

dynamics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quote

NukeCops offers a Analyzer script that can be loaded on your root directory and pulls all the important info about your site and webserver to report any security exploits and to give some general info about your site performance.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:14 am Reply with quote

I haven't seen that script used in months so it wasn't even on my mind, sorry. I do know that is not up to date on exploits, so don't use it for that. So, what exactly are you trying to ascertain?

dynamics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:19 am Reply with quote

Whether or not the Mysql Status information is good. The bar displays status of your mysql server reporting the above mentioned Entries. I have seen in the past were this was used to ascertain how your quiries setup. Example PHPNuke 7.7 & 7.8 the slow queries are enormous. Where as older patched versions are lower. I am running PHPNuke 7.6 latest patch with NukeSentinel. I see that my slow queries are at 0 so I can only assume that is good. But what does the other entries mean and could they be improved and if so how?

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
I haven't seen that script used in months so it wasn't even on my mind, sorry...

Um... ZX has a new(er) version of 'Analyzer' available. Please, don't be too shocked!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I know it's a little hard to believe, since he isn't involved in 'the community' any more... Wink

dynamics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote

I am using that version.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:26 pm Reply with quote

Those stats are for the server and not for your site, unless your site is the only site on the server. And, for clarification, Analyze does not check nor protect against any exploits. It checks versions of PHP, MySQL, and phpNuke and just warns, in big bold letters, that you should be using the latest versions. And a couple other warnings about nuke setup. I only point this out so that neither you nor anyone else mistakenly think that it checks for exploits like XSS and exploits in CopperMine, etc.

dynamics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote

I deffinetly agree. The only exploits that it does point out are the ones that are known from using older versions of PHP, MySQL and what not. And yes this site is the only site loaded on the machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic