Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Cache Lite Admin Module
dean
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I attempted to install this after uploading the cachelite package to my includes file and when I clicked on the icon in the admin menu I got this:

Quote:
The file /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx/admin/modules/rpscachelite/mcp.php has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires the free ioncube_loader_fre_4.3.so ionCube PHP Loader to be installed.

Since I am not the host, is there anyway I can do this? If not, what might I ask my host to do?

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:21 pm Reply with quote

From IonCube:

Q: The Loader is installed but I get "The file ... has been encoded with the ionCube PHP Encoder and requires...". Why

A: This is most likely because files were corrupted when being uploaded or unpacked onto the web server. You must always transfer files between machines using binary mode in programs such as FTP, and if using WinZIP, you must disable the "TAR smart cr/lf conversion" feature. Other programs may have similar "smart" features that are designed to process ascii text files, however encoded files are binary and must not be modified.

dean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that tip. Before I attempt this again, can you clarify which files from cache lite actually have to be in the includes folder? My understanding is that I need to create a folder titled cache lite and that only one of the files from cache lite are included in that folder.

dean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:09 pm Reply with quote

Ok I disabled Tar smart when unZipping the cache lite package and uploaded it binary style. Then using WINRAR I unpacked ravens admn package and uploaded it binary style but still got the same message. Any suggestions for the next step?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:31 pm Reply with quote

Your original error is concerning the ionCube loader, not cache lite, per se, unless I'm reading it wrong. Have you verified that the ionCube loader(s) have been ftp'd to
/public_html/xxxxxxxx/admin/modules/rpscachelite/modules/ioncube and that you are using the correct version that goes with your PHP version?

dean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote

ah, I see that I needed to upload the loader. I've done that and I finally get an admin menu. So I inserted the recommended lines into a few blocks and I see "Hello World" at the top of each of the blocks I selected to cache. I'm assuming there is a step missing here.

Do I need to create a temp directory, if so where.

dean

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Ah, I'm thinking I didnt actually install the loader. Now I'm attempting to do that but cant seem to connect with the ftp server using the installer. I enter this address to the location of the folder http://www.alaskandog.com/public_html/designs/admin/modules/rpscachelite/ioncube// but am told that a folder ioncube has been created but cannot be found on the webserver and to adjust the url. Help!

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I got the ioncube installer to work, uploaded latest version of cache lite to includes directory, added the magic three lines to most of the blocks on my page, set default values in the admin module and created a tmp directory and cache lite subfolder with 666 permissions in the root of my website. I've looked at the tmp directory but don't see any changes there. I'm wondering if I missed a step somewhere or should the tmp directory be in the public_html directory? I wouldn't mind if someone took a look at this for me.

Once I get this working, my next question concerns multiple sites on same domain. This nuke is in a subfolder of public_html (not a subdomain) and I have another site, also in a subfolder. If I want to use cache lite for it, do I basically repeat the installation process for that site as well or will their be some conflict in caching?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quote

Have you activated the caching for the blocks via the CacheLite ACP?

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:55 pm Reply with quote

yes

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote

And set up the path to your tmp file?

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:43 pm Reply with quote

Default is: tmp/Cache_Lite/ in the edit global settings menu and I did set up a tmp directory above public_html in root of my web so this would be the right setting?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:51 pm Reply with quote

No, that would be IN public_html.

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Ok were narrowing this down a bit. Since the nuke is in a subfolder of public_html, then should it be in that folder next to the other folders, like blocks, modules, etc.?

Either way, I now have tmp files in root of web above public_html, in public_html proper and in the subfolder that the site is located - none appear to have any data in them Sad

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked your server error log to see if there are any errors that are being recorded? Make sure that you aren't suppressing the error display.

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote

I dont see any errors from being recorded from that installation, other unrelated errors. I went thru the ioncube installation again and saw this:
Quote:
Wed Jul 20 16:28:18 2005] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxxx.xxx] client denied by server configuration: /home/xxxxxxpublic_html/designs/admin/modules/rpscachelite/ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php [Wed Jul 20 16:27:20 2005] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html//ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php [Wed Jul 20 16:27:20 2005] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html//rpscachelite/ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php [Wed Jul 20 16:27:20 2005] [error] [client ]xx.xxx.xxxx.xxx File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html//modules/rpscachelite/ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php [Wed Jul 20 16:27:20 2005] [error] [clientxx.xxx.xxxx.xxx ] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html//admin/modules/rpscachelite/ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php [Wed Jul 20 16:27:20 2005] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxxx.xxx] client denied by server configuration: /home/xxxxxx/public_html//designs/admin/modules/rpscachelite/ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php [Wed Jul 20 16:27:19 2005] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/IONCUBE_INSTALLER_URLTEST [Wed Jul 20 16:23:35 2005] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxxx.xxxFile does not

But I see new files in that directory so I question whether the errors.....

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote

I am totally confused Smile - This is indicating that it is placing the files in the ioncube folder instead of the tmp folder?
File does not exist: /home/xxxxxx/public_html//ioncube/ipf-work-dir-1121901566/ping.php

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Ah, are you tellnig me that I was to direct the ioncube installer to install the loaders in the tmp/Cache_Lite folder?

dean

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Now I'm totally confused. Perhaps, I'll just try to do it the hard way as simple edits of block files is within my understanding. While I've seen several people install your package without a hitch, there is nothing that addresses the ioncube installation. Since a folder comes with your package labeled ioncube, I assumed that the loaders would be installed there. Please don't lose patience with me, as I really, really want to figure this out......

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote

I have Cache_Lite installed in the includes folder.

I have the rpscachelite folder installed in admin/modules folder. The ioncube folder is installed w/i the rpscachelite folder.

I have rpscachelite.php installed in admin/modules folder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Cache Lite Admin Module

View next topic
View previous topic