Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
pinkbeef
Client

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:56 pm Reply with quote

if I upload the files for sentinel to my root folder, I will overwrite the admin folder for nuke php, with the admin folder in the sentinal upload. is that correct.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:46 pm Reply with quote

If you look at the contents within the sentinel version of admin, it will have files for sentinel and should not impact your base nuke files. However, to install Sentinel correctly, be sure to follow the instructions carefully when modified the core nuke files (they will be clearly identified with "change this to that").

Regards,
montego

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote

sentinal just wrote over the admin file in the root directory, but all looks well. except when I try to log in I get, "ILLEGAL ACCESS DETECTED" and a blank page. I did see a thread to this and will look at it now, thank you for your help.

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote

And here is another problem, uploading files. the list of files given to upload are not complete, this is from the readme file which I followed. it failed to inform me of two files which need to be up loaded, "nsnst installer and import". I wish I had not installed this now. too confusing for a newbe like me.

Uploading Files:
----------------
NukeSentinel(tm) Files in Directories: FTP Upload to:
html/abuse/*.* ----------------> root/abuse/*.* Not needed for upgrades
html/admin/*.* ----------------> root/admin/*.*
html/blocks/*.* ----------------> root/blocks/*.*
html/images/*.* ----------------> root/images/*.*
html/includes/*.* ----------------> root/includes/*.*
html/language/*.* ----------------> root/language/*.*
html/modules/*.* ----------------> root/modules/*.* Not needed for upgrades
* root = the root directory of your site.

unquote.
If any one can point me to a complete installation text,I would be greatful. thanks.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote

I have actually found the "installer" folder missing from every NSN tool install instructions so I have gotten used to just uploading the directory that came with whatever tool I am installing.

(I am all for standardization to reduce maintenance headaches, but sometimes it can go too far at the expense of simplicity and accuracy... enough of my ranting on this...)

Sentinel is a bit more involved than other add-ons, but in my opinion, it is a MUST tool if you want to keep the hackers out. Again, in my opinion, it is the best tool out there for Nuke!

You have made a wise choice in wanting to use the tool, you should only have the core file edits to make now... if you run into troubles, keep posting the specifics of the issues you face here and someone will help you out!

Regards,
montego

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:48 pm Reply with quote

I decided to remove the site, and start again. I only loades it yesterday so no harm dune, anyway I downloaded the 7.6 patched to 3.0 php nuke from this site. Im going to have a good look at the forums first before I try and install Sentinal a second time. Thanks, being new to this is very confusing.

nemesis02

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote

If you're using CPanel to mange your site, you can just upload the public_html files in a zip to your public_html directory and extract it from there. If i remember the instructions correctly, it did say upload those files you said above, but i also believe it said to change the CHMOD on certain files/folders to a certain number, like 777 or 666. On the filemanger for CPanel, you can just click on the file/folder and there should be a change permissions link on the right bar. Thats your CHMod, if your using an FTP client, right clicking on the file and folder should bring up a permissions option.

Once thats all set, you run the nsnt.php file in hte public_html folder and it will install everything for you.

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Thats cool im going to look into that tomorrow, im too confused to try tonight. I should read the instructions first, but as usual I just uploaded it an hoped for the best.

pinkbeef

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:23 pm Reply with quote

I get it now, Im not uploading the folders just the files within the folders. See I told you I was a noob.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic