Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
sonicman
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote

Hello I just installed the Nuke patch for PHPnuke 7.5, and Nuke Sentinel. After I installed these files I noticed a few things, One the feedback module had a bug in it which told me to enter my email address even after I entered it, I fixed that by commenting out the code below, I was wondering what this else statement was suppose to do,,,

Code:
/**********************************/ 

/* Configuration                  */
/*                                */
/* You can change this:           */
/* $index = 0; (right side off)   */
$index = 1;
$subject = "$sitename "._FEEDBACK."";

include("header.php");
$cookie[0] = intval($cookie[0]);
if ($cookie[1] != "") {
   $result = $db->sql_query("SELECT name, username, user_email FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE user_id='".$cookie[0]."'");
   $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
   $db->sql_freeresult($result);
      if ($row['name'] != "") {
         $sender_name = $row['name'];
      } else {
         $sender_name = $row['username'];
      }
   $sender_email = $row['user_email'];
}

//+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
// This is what I commented out
//else {
   //$sender_email = "";
//}
//+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Another bug was all the themes in the patch don't work right, most will load just the header and thats it, Heres my problem, I am running an advertising module, I am using the theme 3D-fantesy. All my modules load and run fine except the advertising module all it loads is the header. I switch the theme to the chronicles theme that was not included with php nuke and the advertising module works fine. I am still looking through the code but I was wondering if anyone might know what I should look for..

I was also wondering Can I safely Delete, Modify Modules, themes, and php files. The reason I ask is I am always finding new modules that I want to add to my site, I also don't really need all the themes so I would like to delete them from my server, I also modify the php files as I see the need to better serve the needs of my site. I was wondering could I do this with out taking the chance Sentinel will not work right.....

Thanks

sting
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote

As for the deletion/modify etc - sorry to give you the standard answer - but it depends.

Usually you can remove a module - test it first just by renaming the directory something else and see if anything goes funky.

-sting

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sonicman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Hello here is an update, I tried a few things with no luck, I renamed the old 3d fantesy theme and uploaded the old one from my backup file and that did not work, I then renamed the advertising module and uploaded the old one and that did not work, I know the advertising module works because when I change my theme to chronicles the advertising module works, when I change it back to the 3d fan. It stops working again,,,any ideas what I should try next,,,Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic