Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Sfinxs
Client

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote

The header loads fast but everything else takes a while. Any logs I can clear or anything to do to make it load faster. Also was wondering if my 30 html files in root directory along w/ a pile of pictures would effect the loading time. I would organize it in various folders if necessary if not then I don't want to waste time doing it.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Well a link to your website would probably be helpfull as we can try it ouselfs to see how fast it realy is.
As allways,images take some time to load.
A tool to use is this :http://www.websiteoptimization.com
Enter your url and see what comes out..

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote

First of all, post a link to your site Wink

Now, we need to see if it's a browser rendering slow or the server rendering. The easiest way is to compare the Page generation Time to your browser load time. If you determine that it's a browser rendering (loading) issue, then your problem is normally outside the scope of the server. You would do things like
tracert [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to see how much time it takes through the various hops (routers).
On your PC, delete all temporary files upon exit from browser. Don't keep more than a few days of browser history.
Bring your theme and as much of phpnuke code into W3C compliancy.

And on and on I could go. Have others contact your site and get their statistics. You should choose from diverse locations to get a better picture.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quote

You need to do the other things mentioned in my post and then post back with the results. Are you pulling in RSS feeds from other sites? That will slow you down immensely. Try turning off all non essential blocks and then start turning them back on 1 by 1 to see where the overhead picks up.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote

Well, for starters, you have 14 instances for a '<head>' tag on your home page.

You need to do some serious checking on your code... Wink

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quote

Well it's not exactly fast... but back to normal now...and normal is good. Must be the dDos attack. Thanks for checking out the problem guys.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote

You can't judge fast/speed by browser load (rendering) time because your connection speed, traffic, ISP, PC processor speed, RAM, etc., all can and do affect speed. The value that you are after is the Server load time for the page. For example, goto my home page and see how long it takes to load in your browser. Now compare that time to the server load time at the bottom of my home page. You have to be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Also, I am running site backups right now, so now is not the best time to see true server response, but it will still be relative. Try it in about 4 hours.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic