Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
neophite
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote

My website: http://www.bobmiedema.com

Running PHPNuke 7.6 with Chatserv's patch 29 has been very stable. I have been busy with personal priorities and hadn't checked my website for about 3 days, and noticed yesterday that my right side blocks are gone Embarassed

I went into my setup and all is running as before and I have made no changes to my site since transferring it to my current host and setting it up.

Does anyone have a clue as to where I should start , in finding what is causing this to "magically" happen?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote

There is no way for this to "magically happen"; there is ALWAYS a reason! : lol : Are you certain nothing has changed (even if you did something awhile back that you didn't think would have ANY impact at all?), OR, have you just now viewed an area of your site that maybe you hadn't tested before when you transdered your site?

It is usually that a given module has the reset the $index variable to "0" towards the top of its index.php script.

At least that is my initial guesses...
montego

neophite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:40 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback...

This morning, after going through the deactivation of my blocks in the center of the Index page and having NO affect, I then be noticed that my footer was NOT showing.

I read my preference set-up, everything was fine. Embarassed

I then uploaded a FRESH footer.php file and overwrote the existing one. It worked, I reviewed my website and page footer is visible and my right blocks are back on the page Wave

This is so "weird'!

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:52 am Reply with quote

Maybe the file got corrupted by the server somehow or its just Gremlins... Smile

4real

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:47 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:

It is usually that a given module has the reset the $index variable to "0" towards the top of its index.php script.

At least that is my initial guesses...
montego

Can you explain how i can check this? and correct it if needs be?

I recently installed a module named somaire which overwrote some of the admin content. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

From what I recall of Sommaire, there is no overwriting of admin files. I would try and get support on the Sommaire site. I would guess it has to do with a conflict between your nuke version, the patch level you are at, and what version(s) sommaire supports.

montego

4real

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:02 am Reply with quote

Thanks, i'll be sure to check that out

neophite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:17 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Maybe the file got corrupted by the server somehow or its just Gremlins... Smile

Well, I think that this particular host uses Gremlins for technical support, to keep their overhead down ROTFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic