Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
maddog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Hello i recently attempted to install the WelcomePM capability into my phpnuke site. After i did a temp sign up and loged in as a user the "Your_account" main page says i have a new message. But when i go check my inbox their is nothing their. Any idea where i might have made a flaw in the installing of this very usefull and nice script? I run phpnuke 7.7 as well as autotheme lite .8 and nukeSentinel.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Check your server error log to see if anything is being recorded.

maddog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:30 am Reply with quote

ya their is nothing saying anything about error. If you want i can send you the code i changed and see if i did something wrong or paste the code here or you can sign up on site and see for yourself.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Changed? You shouldn't be changing any code. You just need to add that code to the index.php file.

maddog

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Yeah thats what i mean. the code i added.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quote

Here is the code that i added to the index.php: (whole activate function code):
Code:
function activate($username, $check_num) {

global $db, $user_prefix, $module_name, $language;
   $past = time()-86400;
   $db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$user_prefix."_users_temp WHERE time < $past");
   $sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$user_prefix."_users_temp WHERE username='$username' AND check_num='$check_num'";
   $result = $db->sql_query($sql);
   if ($db->sql_numrows($result) == 1) {
      $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
      if ($check_num == $row[check_num]) {
         $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_users (user_id, username, user_email, user_password, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_regdate, user_lang) VALUES (NULL, '$row[username]', '$row[user_email]', '$row[user_password]', 'gallery/blank.gif', 3, '$row[user_regdate]', '$language')");
         $db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$user_prefix."_users_temp WHERE username='$username' AND check_num='$check_num'");
         include("header.php");
         title(""._ACTIVATIONYES."");
         OpenTable();
         // BEGIN -- The following code is courtesy of Chatserv 2005 -- //
      $pmResult = $db->sql_query("SELECT user_id FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='$row[username]'");
      $pmRow = $db->sql_fetchrow($pmResult);
      $guserid = intval($pmRow[user_id]);
      $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbgroups (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator) VALUES ('', 'Personal User', '1', '0')");
      $group_id = $db->sql_nextid();
      $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbuser_group (user_id, group_id, user_pending) VALUES ('$guserid', '$group_id', '0')");
      // END -- The above code is courtesy of Chatserv 2005 -- //

$pmResult = $db->sql_query("SELECT user_id FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='"._PRIVMSGS_FROM_USERNAME."'");
      $privmsgs_from_userid = intval($pmRow[user_id]);

$register_pm_subject  = _REGISTER_PM_SUBJECT;
      $register_pm          = _REGISTER_PM;
      $privmsgs_date        = date("U");

$sql = "UPDATE ".$user_prefix."_users SET user_new_privmsg='1', user_last_privmsg='65534', user_unread_privmsg='1', user_popup_pm='1', user_notify='1', user_notify_pm='1' WHERE user_id='$guserid'";
      if (!$db->sql_query($sql)) {
         echo sprintf(_MYSQL_ERROR,'USERS').mysql_error();
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
      $sql = "INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_bbprivmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES ('0', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", addslashes(sprintf($register_pm_subject,$sitename))) . "', '$privmsgs_from_userid', '$guserid', '$privmsgs_date', '0', '1', '1', '0')";
         echo sprintf(_MYSQL_ERROR,'_BBPRIVMSGS').mysql_error();
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
      $privmsgs_text = $register_pm_subject;
      $privmsg_sent_id = $db->sql_nextid();
      $sql = "INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_bbprivmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_text) VALUES ($privmsg_sent_id, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", addslashes(sprintf($register_pm,$username,$sitename,$sitename))) . "')";
         echo sprintf(_MYSQL_ERROR,'_BBPRIVMSGS_TEXT').mysql_error();
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
         echo "<center><b>$row[username]:</b> "._ACTMSG."</center>";
         CloseTable();
         include("footer.php");
         die();
      } else {
         include("header.php");
         title(""._ACTIVATIONERROR."");
         OpenTable();
         echo "<center>"._ACTERROR1."</center>";
         CloseTable();
         include("footer.php");
         die();
      }
   } else {
      include("header.php");
      OpenTable();
      echo "<center>"._ACTERROR2."</center>";
      CloseTable();
      include("footer.php");
      die();
   }

}

[b]This is the code that i added to the the bottom of the lang-english.php but right before the ?>:[/b]

// START - Send PM On User Register
/* Change the text 'Raven' in define("_PRIVMSGS_FROM_USERNAME","Raven"); to the name of the user that you want the Welcome message PM to be FROM
*/
global $sitename, $adminmail;
define("_MYSQL_ERROR","Unable to update %s table - MySQL said: ");
define("_PRIVMSGS_FROM_USERNAME","IGL Administration");
define("_REGISTER_PM_SUBJECT","Welcome to $sitename");
define("_REGISTER_PM","Hello!<br /><br />Welcome to $sitename. <br /><br />We hope you enjoy your time at this site! <br /><br />Feel free to join in and share with others or start your own discussion! <br /><br />Before posting please take time to read <a href=\"http://ravenphpscripts.com/postp41533.html\" title=\"Welcome to $sitename - Read Me First\">[b]this welcome message[/b]</a><br /><br />~Enjoy!<br />$sitename Staff");
// END - Send PM On User Register

far as i can see thats exactly how its suppose to be, i do not know why its not working because the PM utility does function i have successfully cent pm's already.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:17 am Reply with quote

Please restore the header/comment block to this code. By stripping it out you have removed the credits Sad. That is specifically stated in the header
License : GNU/GPL - Use it, modify it, but please respect the Credits

Then repost your code.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote

Ah, sorry about that didn't mean to take any rights to it.
Here is the code that i added to the index.php: (whole activate function code):

Code:
function activate($username, $check_num) {

global $db, $user_prefix, $module_name, $language;
   $past = time()-86400;
   $db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$user_prefix."_users_temp WHERE time < $past");
   $sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$user_prefix."_users_temp WHERE username='$username' AND check_num='$check_num'";
   $result = $db->sql_query($sql);
   if ($db->sql_numrows($result) == 1) {
      $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
      if ($check_num == $row[check_num]) {
         $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_users (user_id, username, user_email, user_password, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_regdate, user_lang) VALUES (NULL, '$row[username]', '$row[user_email]', '$row[user_password]', 'gallery/blank.gif', 3, '$row[user_regdate]', '$language')");
         $db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$user_prefix."_users_temp WHERE username='$username' AND check_num='$check_num'");
         include("header.php");
         title(""._ACTIVATIONYES."");
         OpenTable();
         /**************************************************************************************************/
/* Mod Name     : Your_Account Mod to Send PM On User Register                                    */
/* Author       : Raven http://ravenphpscripts.com -- http://ravenwebhosting.com                  */
/* Version      : 1.0.0                                                                           */
/* Release Date : July 6, 2005                                                                    */
/* License      : GNU/GPL - Use it, modify it, but please respect the Credits                     */
/* Usage Notes  : Be sure that you have added the language text to the language file and that you */
/*                have modified it for your site.                                                 */
/**************************************************************************************************/
/* Other Credits:                                                                                 */
/*   -- Inspired by and Adapted from John B. Abela's © Forum Send PM On User Register Mod ©       */
/*      http://www.phpbb2mods.com                                                                 */
/*                                                                                                */
/*   -- Contributed by Chatserv 2005                                                              */
/*      Assign a group_id to new users to get rid of user and group permission errors in forums.  */
/*      http://www.nukefixes.com -- http://www.nukeresources.com                                  */

$pmResult = $db->sql_query("SELECT user_id FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='$row[username]'");
      $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbgroups (group_name, group_description, group_single_user, group_moderator) VALUES ('', 'Personal User', '1', '0')");
      $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbuser_group (user_id, group_id, user_pending) VALUES ('$guserid', '$group_id', '0')");

$pmResult = $db->sql_query("SELECT user_id FROM ".$user_prefix."_users WHERE username='"._PRIVMSGS_FROM_USERNAME."'");

$sql = "UPDATE ".$user_prefix."_users SET user_new_privmsg='1', user_last_privmsg='65534', user_unread_privmsg='1', user_popup_pm='1', user_notify='1', user_notify_pm='1' WHERE user_id='$guserid'";
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
      $sql = "INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_bbprivmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES ('0', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", addslashes(sprintf($register_pm_subject,$sitename))) . "', '$privmsgs_from_userid', '$guserid', '$privmsgs_date', '0', '1', '1', '0')";
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
      $sql = "INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_bbprivmsgs_text (privmsgs_text_id, privmsgs_text) VALUES ($privmsg_sent_id, '" . str_replace("\'", "''", addslashes(sprintf($register_pm,$username,$sitename,$sitename))) . "')";
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
         echo "<center><b>$row[username]:</b> "._ACTMSG."</center>";
         CloseTable();
         include("footer.php");
         die();
      } else {
         include("header.php");
         OpenTable();
         echo "<center>"._ACTERROR1."</center>";
         CloseTable();
         include("footer.php");
         die();
      }
   } else {
      include("header.php");
      OpenTable();
      echo "<center>"._ACTERROR2."</center>";
      CloseTable();
      include("footer.php");
      die();
   }

}

This is the code that i added to the the bottom of the lang-english.php but right before the ?>:

Code:

// START - Send PM On User Register
/* Change the text 'Raven' in define("_PRIVMSGS_FROM_USERNAME","Raven"); to the name of the user that you want the Welcome message PM to be FROM
*/
global $sitename, $adminmail;
define("_MYSQL_ERROR","Unable to update %s table - MySQL said: ");
define("_REGISTER_PM_SUBJECT","Welcome to $sitename");
define("_REGISTER_PM","Hello!<br /><br />Welcome to $sitename. <br /><br />We hope you enjoy your time at this site! <br /><br />Feel free to join in and share with others or start your own discussion! <br /><br />Before posting please take time to read <a href=\"http://ravenphpscripts.com/postp41533.html\" title=\"Welcome to $sitename - Read Me First\">[b]this welcome message[/b]</a><br /><br />~Enjoy!<br />$sitename Staff");
// END - Send PM On User Register

Far as i can see thats exactly how its suppose to be, i do not know why its not working because the PM utility does function i have successfully sent pm's already.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Let's start debugging Wink. First off, comment out
Code:

and try it.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote

alright i did that, this time it doesnt even say that i got any PM's waiting. It just looks normal like this script was never their.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:57 pm Reply with quote

My bad Embarassed. Don't comment this line
Code:

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:19 pm Reply with quote

ok fixing trying again after i make a quick adjustment for something else.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote

Yup tried it i have the same result as before.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Please post your _bbprivmsgs and _bbprivmsgs_text schema. Also, you say there are no errors in your error log. Make sure that in .htaccess you have the following line
Code:
php_flag display_errors on

Then check your error log.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Here is the _bbprivmsgs structure:
Code:

Field  Type Attributes Null Default Extra Action
   privmsgs_id  mediumint(8)  UNSIGNED No    auto_increment             
   privmsgs_type  tinyint(4)   No  0               
   privmsgs_subject  varchar(255)   No  0               
   privmsgs_from_userid  mediumint(8)   No  0               
   privmsgs_to_userid  mediumint(8)   No  0               
   privmsgs_date  int(11)   No  0               
   privmsgs_ip  varchar(8)   No                 
   privmsgs_enable_bbcode  tinyint(1)   No  1               
   privmsgs_enable_html  tinyint(1)   No  0               
   privmsgs_enable_smilies  tinyint(1)   No  1               
   privmsgs_attach_sig  tinyint(1)   No  1               

When i went to go and browse this it did show the welcome messages and the test pm i tried

Here is the _bbprivmsgs_text structure:
Code:

Field  Type Attributes Null Default Extra Action
   privmsgs_text_id  mediumint(8)  UNSIGNED No  0               
   privmsgs_bbcode_uid  varchar(10)   No  0               
   privmsgs_text  text   Yes  NULL               

This too showed the message the actual text of the pm

This is all i have in my .htaccess file:

Code:
Options All -Indexes

DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .ftaccess>
  deny from all
</Files>

<Files .staccess>
  deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>
   <Limit GET POST PUT>
      require valid-user
   </Limit>
   AuthName "Restricted"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /path/to/your/.staccess
</Files>

# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) DENY FROM area

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Well, add that line to .htaccess. So now I'm confused. If the 2 tables are showing the additions, why do you say it isn't there? Check the value of privmsgs_to_userid and verify that it is the user_id of the person you are logged in as.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:05 pm Reply with quote

the privmsgs_to_userid says 0. while the user_id 13 of the person who signed up. and same with the privmsgs_bbcode_uid is at 0 as well.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote

It looks to me like somehow the db isn't getting the new user id when an account is activated and is just using 0 by default when it sends the WelcomePM, so user doesnt ever actually recieve the actually PM.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote

I have PM'd you to try some code. Let me know.

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Tried it their is no change if anything it messes up a little when users clicks on the confirmation e-mail. it works like orginal way. which is still not working hehe.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote

Well, I'm all out of suggestions at this point because it seems to work here. Actually, I PM'd you the wrong code. This is the code I use
Code:

/* Mod Name     : Your_Account Mod to Send PM On User Register                                    */
/* Author       : Raven http://ravenphpscripts.com -- http://ravenwebhosting.com                  */
/* Version      : 1.0.0                                                                           */
/* Release Date : July 6, 2005                                                                    */
/* License      : GNU/GPL - Use it, modify it, but please respect the Credits                     */
/* Usage Notes  : Be sure that you have added the language text to the language file and that you */
/*                have modified it for your site.                                                 */
/* Other Credits:                                                                                 */
/*   -- Inspired by and Adapted from John B. Abela's © Forum Send PM On User Register Mod ©       */
/*      http://www.phpbb2mods.com                                                                 */
/*                                                                                                */
/*   -- Contributed by Chatserv 2005                                                              */
/*      Assign a group_id to new users to get rid of user and group permission errors in forums.  */
/*      http://www.nukefixes.com -- http://www.nukeresources.com                                  */

CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
      $sql = "INSERT INTO ".$user_prefix."_bbprivmsgs (privmsgs_type, privmsgs_subject, privmsgs_from_userid, privmsgs_to_userid, privmsgs_date, privmsgs_enable_html, privmsgs_enable_bbcode, privmsgs_enable_smilies, privmsgs_attach_sig) VALUES ('5', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", addslashes(sprintf($register_pm_subject,$sitename))) . "', '$privmsgs_from_userid', '$guserid', '$privmsgs_date', '0', '1', '1', '0')";
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }
         CloseTable();
         include('footer.php');
      }

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Yeah still no change. Do you or can u recommend another program maybe even a module that does the same type or sort of thing, either within pm or here. Either way thanks for your support and assistance.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I just saw that you are using this define
Code:

Is "IGL Administration" a regsistered user on your site?

maddog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote

No it is not. I didnt know it had to be lol

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
*/

Only registered users can send PM's Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic