Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
butterfly
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:11 am Reply with quote

The main editor for users & admin when posting an article and posting messages on the forum is my problem.

How do you switch the thing off for the forum?
The HTML code it uses dont work on phpbb forums
When users try to use the normal phpbb BB code button they dont work either!!!!!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote

I would HIGHLY recommend that you downgrade to v7.6 - See [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If that is not possible, search the forums because I'm reasonably sure we've answered this one.

butterfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:56 am Reply with quote

ok cheers for the reply,
i have the file to download now......how do i do it and where do i get the 7.6 files from it says i need?

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:11 am Reply with quote

On a side note Raven, I would suggest that we take the following position:

No support for 7.7 or 7.8 until better stability and security has been achieved.

In their current state, users are begging to get hacked/defaced etc, and it appears that all of the warnings on this site and others doesn't seem to deter many from using it.

I don't feel this is a harsh position to take, but are any of you other staff members interested in spending your time helping someone that is highly likely to be hacked? *LOL* I have already experienced that issue myself and pretty much feel my energy would be better channeled toward someone in need of help that isn't hell bent on using bleeding edge software that has known security holes.

This is of course just my opinion. Smile

I don't wish for users of this site to have the proverbial door shut in their faces, but sometimes tough love is needed. *LOL*

No support = No use.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quote

I installed 7.7 because thats what my host provided.
I have no problem downgrading, just need to know how.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quote

I apologize, I didn't mean that in a bad way. I just meant that many of us are getting a lot of support requests for a really crummy release. We do understand that many of you have the issue that you described, but there are also those who are willing to tempt fate knowing there are people like us that want to help people when and where we can. To me it is a waste of a resource.

No offense intended towards anyone. Smile

butterfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote

Can i install a lower version over the top or do i have to properly downgrade/remove it?
Losing information isnt a problem!

butterfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:21 pm Reply with quote

I Fixed it Razz

line 65 of the includes/javascript.php

Code:
} elseif (is_admin($admin) AND $advanced_editor != 1 AND $name != "Private_Messages") {

To

Code:
Nothing! LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic