Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
Whttailbuckdeer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Gentlemen (and ladies, if there are some around here),

My problem still persists a month later. I've done my searching when I could, I've tried a few things, but I cannot find the correct way to have my php-nuke site hosted on a server with Apache 2.0.48. Downgrading to Apache 1.3.x is not an option unfortunately. Nukecops is no help, very few people even respond to my posts there. It appears that there is very little documentation on this subject. I intend to fix that with the help of the appropriate gurus, I'm thinking Raven and Chatserv, should they be willing to undertake a problem such as mine. There was a post describing this problem that I posted back in May. Let me summarize:

Problem: Log in to site, click on module, says it is inactive. Hit refresh 4 or 5 times, the module appears. A cookie problem of sorts.

Tried: Fresh installs of various nuke versions
Different ISPs
Different browsers (Firefox, IE)
Adding AcceptPathInfo ON as specified here

Info: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
My site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Should anyone need admin access, PM me and I can make that happen. I'll do anything to get this problem rectified. My site is almost dead because of it. I need to resurrect it and make it as great as it once was. Thanks in advance for your help guys. It is greatly appreciated.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:30 pm Reply with quote

PM me your
Site url, god adminid/pass
Ftp url, id/pass
phpMyAdmin url, id/pass
Control Panel url, id/pass

I can't get to this right now but I will as soon as I can.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:59 pm Reply with quote

Hi.. Raven is the man on this stuff and he'll probably be able to identify the problems. In the meantime (for his benefit too) can you give us some specifics about the operating environment?

For example, are you are running PHP as a DSO? (Meaning not compiled into Apache).

What OS and Version?
What Environment? Shared or Dedicated?
What version of PHP?
Have you checked your .htaccess to modify it for Apahce 2 rules?

For example, you can't use register_globals=on, but must use 0 or 1 as just one example of something you must fix in .htaccess (anything beyond the php.ini)

I found this article extremely helpful regarding PHP problems with A2. While this is a little old, most of it is still current information and can really help you nail down issues.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Anyway, Raven will probably be able to help you out, but I thought I would ask for this information and provide this link in an effort to help in the meantime.

Steph

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quote

Alright, I sent the things you requested last night Raven, and thanks for the reply 64bitguy. I will read up on that link probably tonight when I'm home from work. As for your questions, I have the Fedora linux on there (I think that's redhat) as for enviroment, um.... it's my buddy's server, he's got about 20 sites hosted on it, so I guess that'd be shared? Version of PHP would be 4.3.4 and I have NOT edited any .htaccess files... would I have to edit every single one in my php-nuke files? There's more than I few I believe. If so, whatever it takes, I'll do it. If it takes 3 months, fine. As long as I can have my site up and running in the end. Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:37 pm Reply with quote

I got the info and hope to look at it tonight.

Whttailbuckdeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote

Any luck yet Raven? RavensScripts

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:35 am Reply with quote

I thought I PM'd you a while back and said I wasn't able to find anything. I haven't had time to get back to it. But, thanks for activating the thread again. Maybe someone else new will read the thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic