Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
barkadli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:25 pm Reply with quote

hey guys, i am a new user of PHP-Nuke. This is my first time installing Nuke 7.6 and after i uploaded all of the files in my FTP, the browers reads (There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience. We should be back shortly.) what is the problem? as i said i am a new user so please any help you could give would be appreciated..
Thank You

link to the site: http://warfa36.coconia.net/phpnuke/index.php

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Start here and then if you're still having problems, post back. And, welcome to my site!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

barkadli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:23 pm Reply with quote

thanks for the link Raven. i did follow through it but when i go to my site, all i see is an blank page. i think that the problem might be the "Database Creation" part which i didn't understand and didn't do it see this link http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/modules.php?name=PHP-Nuke_HOWTO&page=database-creation.html Could you explain how i do this and fix the blank page problem?

thnx

Oh, this is how my site looks now http://mohbar.farvista.net/phpnuke/index.php

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:38 am Reply with quote

Well, one step at a time. Most hosts provide a front end control panel (cPanel, PLESK, etc). Within those cp's are a link to MySQL. You must use MySQL to create a database. Name it whatever you want. You must then create a 'user' with a password for MySQL. Then, you have to 'link' that user to your database. So, you should now have a valid database, username, and userpassword. Once that is done, you need to modify the nuke file config.php. When you unpacked your nuke distribution, the file has code in it like
Code:
$dbhost = "localhost";

$dbuname = "root";
$dbpass = "";
$dbname = "nuke";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

So, let's assume you created the following names:
database name = mynukedb
database username = barkadli
database password = password

You would then modify the above code to
Code:
$dbhost = "localhost";

$dbuname = "barkadli";
$dbpass = "password";
$dbname = "mynukedb";
$prefix = "nuke";
$user_prefix = "nuke";
$dbtype = "MySQL";

After you make those changes, ftp that file to replace the one on your server. Now when you goto [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] you should still have an error but it will be a different one because you now have the database but no tables. You must now load the tables into the database. Probably the easiest way is to get the installer for your version as described in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Before going any further, lets see if you can get the database created Wink

barkadli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:28 am Reply with quote

Ok i did enter all of the Database info described above in the Config.php file and uploaded it back into the FTP and the site shows a blank page. i got my database from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and it works with my phpBB 2 forum so i am guessing the problem is not the database.
what do you think?
thnx
link to site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:51 am Reply with quote

Look in your server error log. It should be a link from your control panel and see if there are any errors being recorded.

VinDSL
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

Location: Arizona (USA) Admin: NukeCops.com Admin: Disipal Designs Admin: Lenon.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:02 am Reply with quote

barkadli wrote:
...i am guessing the problem is not the database.
what do you think?
thnx
link to site: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

barkadli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote

oh i am never gonna get this thing up and running. i would appreciate if someone could install it for me. this is as far as i got with it. warfa36.coconia.net/html/index.php please will somebody install it for me Sad i will give you the FTP access and database info. Thanx A Lot Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic