Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
TheEnforcer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:06 pm Reply with quote

I am trying to access my admin on my site, I get a pop up form Nuke NS to log in. I log in it says forbidden Autorization required. Is there away to fox this?

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote

I can access the forum admin but not the nule admin why how can this be why cant i login to nuke admin

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:19 pm Reply with quote

This is the HTTP admin authentication prompt. The user ID and encrypted password should be stored in a .staccess file somewhere on your server. If that file doesn't exist or you don't enter the correct password, you won't be able to log into the Nuke Admin. If you don't know the HTTP admin authentication password or user, you can remove the .htaccess file in your root Nuke directory to bypass HTTP admin authentication. If you do this, you should re-enable it later either by manually changing the .htaccess and configuring the .staccess (or other file for storing the HTTP admin user and encrypted password) or by using the NukeSentinel functions for doing this (assuming you have a newer version of NukeSentinel).

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quote

How do you configure those files?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Check the NukeSentinel Manual for instructions and information on configuring it through NukeSentinel. Search the forums here for instructions on manually editing / configuring.

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote

I cant find that info on configing those files may be I am blind

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:15 pm Reply with quote

Here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Did you remove or rename the .htaccess file so you can get access? If so, were you able to gain admin access?

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote

Yup I removed .htccess so I can acces it now but now I cant get into the forums admin I get a blak page and the beware hackers blocks do nto show the pictures it says you cant acces this director or something ANy help?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Have you verified that the pictures are located where they are expected?

There is probably a parsing error on the forums admin page. Did you make any recent changes? Also, check your error log to see if it tells you the problem. You may need to turn the PHP display_errors setting on - this is normally done in the php.ini file, but can be overridden in PHP programs. Later versions of PHP-Nuke have a setting in the config.php file. If display_errors is on, then you should see a PHP parsing error when displaying the forums admin page. It will tell you exactly where the problem is.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:37 pm Reply with quote

It could also be an authority problem. If it thinks you are not authorized, it might die with no error message or warning, resulting in a blank page.

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote

I am the GOD admin, I do not understand these issues. I have done the file edits thet were specified in the Manual for NS

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:42 pm Reply with quote

Where Is The PHP INI File?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote

I don't think it's a display errors issue. I think something in the upgrade / installation of NS isn't correct, so even though you're an admin, it's looking for something else. I'm looking at a similar problem on another site at the moment, and I'll post the results here when I find it. Chances are you have a similar problem...

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Ok Thank you this was a fresh install of NS as I have never installed it before

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quote

Is there also a file to configure the .stacces or is that file just blank?

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Also I how do I enable that error checking thing

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Initially it's blank. You can add to it using the NukeSentinel HTTP Admin Auth configuration.

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:04 pm Reply with quote

I configured the .htacess file as to the links above said to and now I get this when I try and load my site

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any info?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:11 pm Reply with quote

remove or rename the .htaccess file again.

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote

I removed it and it worked to get the site back up but I dont think nyke sentainial s working or i dot know how to check itf it is working properly as I cant get in the forum admin i guess it is a bug but what not also how can i tell if NS is working?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Regarding the blank forums admin page: As I suspected, the other site was missing some important changes. See this post and check to make sure ALL edits have been made for the patched version you are using and the update of phpBB.

If you're still stumped, please do a search here on blank forums admin, and you'll find tons of posts that all basically result in: make sure all the edits for patched updates and forum updates have been made correctly. The other site missed one change...but we found the needle in that haystack.

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:40 pm Reply with quote

Do you know the link for the necessary file changes as I done mainfile the admin file the java script etc

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Usually, the changes are detailed in both the patched updates and forum updates. Chatserv provides excellent documentation for both that can walk you through the changes that are necessary.

TheEnforcer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Chatserv?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote

Sorry. I assumed you were more familiar with PHP-Nuke. Chatserv (do a search on his user ID in the forums here or visit [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] had written MANY tweaks, fixes, addons, etc., including the Nuke Patched series and much of the BBtoNuke conversion and upgrades. He also contributed to NukeSentinel.

I'd strongly recommend you read the NukeSentinel manual carefully and thoroughly. NukeSentinel is a powerful tool if you know how to and use it correctly. A lot of time went into creating the NukeSentinel manual, so you'll likely find answers to most of your questions about it by starting there. If not, search the forums here carefully. You'll not likely find better support for PHP-Nuke anywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic