Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
Donovan
Client

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quote

At Nukefixes I found changelogs in every forum that lists step by step instructions to update my boards but this one [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This thread links me to PHPBB [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] where I guess I need to download this file.

phpbb_2011_to_2012.zip

Then I have to go back to Nukefixes for other issues for common and viewtopic.

Is there a better thread for updating my boards from 2.0.11 to 2.0.12

Chatserv needs to stay with the same format in each of his "fix" forums or the threads get to be like spaghetti, linking you to non "Nuked" sites for patches.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:37 am Reply with quote

Hi Donovan

As has been mentioned several times in several of your threads, the process is simply a matter of running the "BBtoNuke" updates available from NukeResources.com

I provided all of the links to each version for your convenience in your other thread at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Please follow those procedures upgrading incrementally through version 2.0.15.

DO NOT LOOK FOR PROBLEMS after each update. Remember, you are looking for the finish line.

It's really not that hard. Upload the files for the BBtoNuke update in question, run the updater to modify the database tables, proceed to the next BBtoNuke update and repeat the process.

Once you have finished (after BBtoNuke 2.0.15) upload and run the latest "Patched" update for your version of nuke.

Donovan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:13 am Reply with quote

Well I can't very well upload these files if my forums are modded with 4 or more different mods can I?

Category Herirachy
FNA
Attachments
bbCode

I have been doing these upgrades by following the Changelogs at Nukefixes and editing each of my files individually. The latest 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 lead me to the PHPBB forum where things got confusing with multiple posts about different issues.

All I was asking for was a cleaner thread to follow to apply these changes for 2.0.12.

I appreciate your help.

Donovan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote

So at the moment I am stuck with a blank page when trying to access my forum ACP.

Donovan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:03 pm Reply with quote

Tried to press on with this upgrade and am running into nothing but trouble.

Warning: main(mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /pathremovedforsecurity/modules/Forums/upgrade11-12.php on line 14

Warning: main(mainfile.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /pathremovedforsecurity/modules/Forums/upgrade11-12.php on line 14

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'mainfile.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /pathremovedforsecurity/modules/Forums/upgrade11-12.php on line 14

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /pathremovedforsecurity/modules/Forums/upgrade11-12.php on line 17

The finish line is nowhere in site.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Donovan, I removed the path from your post for security reasons. I'll take a look at this tonight to see what we need to do to get you updated.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:55 pm Reply with quote

This was a needle in a haystack, but we've finished the first part of this race. A single missed defined('FORUM_ADMIN') change caused this.

Donovan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin. I have looked at these files for days and didn't find anything wrong. Didn't you say it was in prune.php or somewhere?

Anyhow I'm next going to bring my site up to Nuke7.3_3.0patched version. Wish me luck.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:15 am Reply with quote

I threw away my notes, but I remember it was in a file that had multiple changes and it was somewhere in the middle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic