Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
osfsbs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:52 pm Reply with quote

Below is a copy of a post I just posted at nuke cops. I put it here because I have seen a few members here that I recognize from the forums there and must say you have all helped me so much already and you don’t even know it. As for the BOSS here, I have spent nights just pulling up your posts from nc and looking through those threads because you always have a fair answer even if its not what the poster wants to hear. I have read thru the security forum here and wonder if anyone can assist in my question below.

Thanks for reading,

I had a complete site ready to go using out of the box 6.5. Was running on older versions of server/php/perl ect. I upgraded all of that and went to 6.9. Would like to go back to 6.5 because a lot of the mods and add ins I had installed were for 6.5 or are acting odd, or not at all in 6.9. I have seen bundles, patches, rc this and rc that. What is the most current version I should be looking for that has all the mysql and security patches included?

My server info if it helps:

+ Apache 2.0.48
+ MySQL 4.0.16
+ PHP 4.3.4 + PEAR
+ Perl 5.8.0
+ openssl 0.9.7c
+ SQLite 2.8.6

+ PHPMyAdmin 2.5.3

+ mod_php 4.3.4
+ mod_perl 1.99_10
+ mod_ssl 2.0.48
+ mod_auth_mysql

Thanks,

osfsbs

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:26 pm Reply with quote

I would get a virgin 6.5 distro and then try applying ChatServ's RC pack (see news item on front page). if that fails, contact me by PM and I will give you a link for my 6.5 pack.

osfsbs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the info and the offer. I have downloaded both and will give it a shot and see how it goes.

Another question, totally off topic for this subject but ...

While surfing for "nuke" scripts I found a link to "postnuke". I had never heard of it, although I have only been using php-nuke for a few months. Without angering the nuke gods too much Laughing , what is the difference between the 2? Looks the same on the surface and a lot of the modules look the same also. Which came first? Just curious because I came across an upload module for postnuke that looked like it may be promising.

Thanks again,

osfsbs

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Nuke was an offshoot of another CMS and Francisco B. had a 'team' working with him. FB and the team had different ideas and there was a bitter split. PostNuke was born. Fast Forward to about 18 months ago and the very same thing happened with almost the same players at Post Nuke. Now PN is kind of floundering and the orignal lead at PN is now developing his own CMS with many of the defectors from PN. The blocks and modules are not interchangeable and are much ore difficult to write.

osfsbs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:15 pm Reply with quote

Just a follow up, I installed fresh 6.5, applied the patch from ChatServ's RC pack and all went well except the admin page would not load, got some errors. I remember seeing that somewhere but have not had time to track it down yet. When I come across it I will fix that. I had to go back to the default admin php file.

OSFSBS
Storage Service Providers
Disaster Recovery Solutions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic