Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
TJYoung80234
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:04 am Reply with quote

Not sure if this is Sentinel related, but I'll post it here anyway to be sure. I've logged out of my admin on my site, and for some reason no matter what variation of login and password I use, it wont work.

What I recently did was:

-Changed Nickname

Which then immediately banned me. So, I hit back, then logged out, and returned to the site. It appears my IP is not banned, but when I go back to /admin.php it shows the Admin ID, password, and Security Code. When I enter in the ID (not the nickname), and my password it wont work. So, I've tried every other password I can think of, still nothing. Eventually it tells me to "Begone"... but only temporarily.

What I'd like to know is... can I reset that admin ID somehow out of the site (without the login panel)? Or, at least reset the password?

The biggest problem out of all of this is I don't know A d*** THING about PhP, Nuke, Sentinel, etc. I had this site set up for me... so if someone could explain it to me in complete retard terms, I'd appreciate it.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quote

well explaining can take soime time but this tool is probably a good start..
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:35 am Reply with quote

If you're referring to the Nuke Tool box, I'm not sure how that'll help when I don't even understand the description. lol. Like I said, I know JACK about PhP/Nuke and what I'd need are easy, simple steps on modifying my admin ID.

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote

If you know very very little, it might be easier to PM one of us with details on accessing phpMyAdmin and ftp for the root directory.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:38 am Reply with quote

I can access the PhPMyAdmin... and I can locate the tables. What exactly I do from there I have no clue.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quote

I think you can do the following:

Change your admin password using phpmydamin (be sure to select md5 in the dropdown field).

You may also have to clear the nsnt_admins table but be sure to BACK UP first.

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quote

The admin password for my login, or for MySQL? I'll take a look at phpmyadmin and see what you're talking about

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:48 am Reply with quote

The password for the admin on your site. Change it in phpmyadmin in the nuke_authors table

TJYoung80234

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:33 pm Reply with quote

CurtisHancock wrote:
The password for the admin on your site. Change it in phpmyadmin in the nuke_authors table

I'll try that... thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic