Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
WhiteWolf2k3

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quote

I'm having trouble getting new accounts admin access.

In short, only the god account is getting access to the Admin [PHP-Nuke] and Admin [Forums]. I've set the required accounts to Superusers (even tried to adding them to the moderators group and setting the administration block to groups - moderators view) but when they log on, they get access denied in the administrator block or won't even show at all.

Any tips on where to check? Currently i've set the required accounts to super user and I have the administration block set to Administrators Only.

Edit: Also, the same accounts are set to Administrators on the forum side if that matters.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote

Make sure that in nuke_users that their user_level is set to 2. I don't really think that's the problem, but let's start there.

WhiteWolf2k3

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Yep level is at 2 on both

For specifics:

god account is fine and I hold it
account arcus (a friend) trying to get him access to the Admin [PHP-Nuke] and Admin [Forums]
account parl (a friend) trying to get him access to the Admin [PHP-Nuke] and Admin [Forums]

Both accounts are set to Super User on the "nuke" side
Both accounts are set to Administrator on the forums

Was getting the Access Denied message in the Administration nav area. That Administrator nav settings are:

Title: Administration
Filename: Admin
Position: Left
Activate: Yes
Expiration 0 Days
After Expiration: Deactivate
Who can view this: Administrators only
Visible in which modules: All
Visible to subscribers: No

I tried this fix: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Which basically removed the Access Denied and nothing else (wishful thinking on my part).

Raven

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote

What version and patch level of nuke?
Is it virgin or have you modified it in any way?
Has it ever worked that you know of?

WhiteWolf2k3

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote

It's Platinum 7.6

I'd ask them but their site has been so screwed up lately. I'm at the point where I may just go base 7.6 because I have no clue what's going on. Oh and no, I have not been able to get anyone admined to be able to view/use the administration block.

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:42 pm Reply with quote

1) What revision of Platinum 7.6 are you using?

2) Have you run any of the "Patched" updates on it?

3) What revision of phpbb?

4) What is the URL to your site?

I tested this scenario on my Platinum 7.6 domain with no problems at all.

Logon as GodAdmin into admin.php:
a) Edit Admins
b) Add persons name like JoeBlow (can be anything other than "God", I put the persons' name here)
c) Add name of the Admin Account (does NOT have to match the user account name as it doesn't matter. One has nothing to do with the other, but it can be nice for convenience sake to name them the same. Forums moderation is done via forums so you aren't touching the regular user account at all here).
d) Add email address
e) Check "Superuser" box
f) ENTER A NEW PASSWORD FOR THAT ADMIN ACCOUNT
g) Click Add
h) Logout of God Admin (not the user logout, but the admin logout)
i) Logon as JoeBlow admin.php
I had access to everything except "Edit Admins" in which case you get an access denied, which is correct.

I did not alter any groups information, I merely added the account.

Database changes:
After adding the new account, I now had a new entry in my PREFIX_authors table identifying the new account with a superuser level of 1.

The regular user account information did not change at all.

I was able to enter the Forums administration with no problems.

About my Test domain Setup:
I am NOT running protector. I uninstalled it by downloading the latest protector version from the warcenter website, then I simply uploaded the installation php file (nothing else)... Running that file gives the uninstaller option to remove all of the DB and files. I then followed the instruction on screen and made the physical file modifications to finish removing it as instructed by the on-screen uninstaller.

I then installed NukeSentinel 2.1.3 (I did not use the NukeSentinel included with Platinum as it is bad and not official release, as are the installation procedures and files).

With that in mind, one other thing to note. I am using administration page password protection. Thus, if I want to add a new admin, I also need to edit my hidden .staccess passwords file to add a new user there too, else the user authentication won't let you pass to get to the admin.php page and you'll get an access denied there too!

Other than that, I couldn't get it to fail.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic