Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:18 am Reply with quote

First I apologize for bringing up something that many have discussed, but I would like some fresh opinions, all gathered at one post rather than running all over the forums here at RPHPS reading several.
I've done alot of research on carts and auction scripts--I am in need of them for two separate and different purposes.
I am currently playing around with phpauction2.5 GPL and am considering using it for some fund raising auctions I will be doing. I am perfectly happy that it is stand alone. However, I would like to be able to limit who is able to auction--everyone who registers can sell an item and I would like to be able to set permissions on different members. Is anyone aware of a hack that will allow this, or a different script that will allow me to do this.
My second quest is to create a "mall" type enviroment, separate shops with indivudual owners and payments. phpauction would work for this if only it allowed you to 'buy now' and to set permissions on members as stated above.
I've looked at several carts, Calloway, Zen, and of course OSC among others. However I have no experience with the back end of these and wonder if any offer this capability? Yes, I've read at the sites, but I find first hand experience a much better learning tool than most of the documentations I read (I'm kinda dense sometimes Embarassed). So.....I would appreciate any input you all can give me on this.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:21 am Reply with quote

Is anyone familiar with this? Looks as tho it might be my answer for the second situation [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Deseroka

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:59 pm Reply with quote

Dang, is it my breath? No one has an opinion?

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote

It's possible no one is familiar with it. I know I am not. Why not check it out and see if it works for you? Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:50 am Reply with quote

Im sure it's possible, however find it imporbable that no one would even say "hmmm...never heard of that, let me check it out too". I am obviously already checking them out, just wondering if anyone has opinions.
Since the last 3 or 4 times I have posted I have had similar non response on anything, it does make you wonder if you smell bad or something.

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:30 am Reply with quote

Deseroka,

Give me a day or two and I'll check it out for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:32 am Reply with quote

What, you adding this to your nine mile list from me? I have found out that there is no way to limit who can sell with the GPL version of the auction code, but I can probably get it to work for me this one time--just refuse additional sellers. Perhaps it will get me thru for a short term fix on my needs.
I'm still getting the multi sites together to play with, it should not be hard to figure out since it is based on nuke and osc. At least I hope not. Smile
I just figured with all the ecommerce sites that I see posted around here someone might know of something that does what I need. I'll continue on with my search for a long term auction fix. Then perhaps the next time someone is asking for a reccomendation on such things there will be someone who knows and willing to share the info.

gch
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote

I have been using Emporium now for a while and think its brilliant, has so many options to do anything you want - might wanna give it a try Smile

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:28 am Reply with quote

GCH, would you pm me with a link to your site so I can check it out (providing you do not want to post it here) and a link to Emporium? Thanks!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Emporium was originally available at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but it seems that address is being redirected now.
A quick google search revealed a few threads and from what I have just read, the author is no longer working on this script with regard to a version for phpNuke.

I did have a copy somewhere that I used on a site quite some time ago. If I can find the original files, I'll post a link for you to download.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote

I had found the link above. I'm actually looking for a stand alone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic