Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
Tim186

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:02 am Reply with quote

its strange because in the forum admin panel, if i got to the avatar mangment tab i can see all the avatars, i can also see them in my members profiles but not in posts. All i get are red X's as you said which is pretty starnge

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:09 am Reply with quote

When you right click on the broken image and select properties, what is the path? It sounds like you may need to tweak the path settings in your Forum Configuration.

GenZC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:13 pm Reply with quote

will that work for phpbb 2.0.13 and also that code just link the forums folder to PHPNuke. , and does in make all posts and forums made show up. b/c i haven't been able to get it to work [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it just gives me a blank area or blank page. LOL

P.S if all else fails and i have to re install and dump mysql can someone do it for me and i will pay if need be.

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote

GenZC wrote:
will that work for phpbb 2.0.13 and also that code just link the forums folder to PHPNuke. , and does in make all posts and forums made show up. b/c i haven't been able to get it to work [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] it just gives me a blank area or blank page. LOL

P.S if all else fails and i have to re install and dump mysql can someone do it for me and i will pay if need be.
Your forums are not active so i can't tell anything from just your post. You do need to change the Site URL in your nuke Adminstration Preferences and the Domain Name in your Forum Configuration.

GenZC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:21 am Reply with quote

yeah 'm in the middle of redoing everything b/c when i ran that script i hit it twice and well i seen the forums showing once then with i hit it the second time it like wiped it out so i screwed somthing up to make them not active.

Tim186

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
When you right click on the broken image and select properties, what is the path? It sounds like you may need to tweak the path settings in your Forum Configuration.

Hey sorry i didnt reply sooner but i have been ill for the past few days.

I have just reinstalled nuke and my avatars have now disapeared from the posts but when i go to the forum admin panel and click Avatar management they are still there, so i dont understand what is going on now?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Check the path that is in your forum configuration for avatars and see if that matches the path in the properties of the broken images.

Tim186

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:16 am Reply with quote

hmm its wierd you were right it was a problem with the path, when i right clicked the x is seemed to have miss out the root directory and gone straight to the modules /modules/Forums/images/avatars/17519959544207577082578.jpg, however when i add the root dir. into the path it doubles the same folder like this instead of having just one home there is two?
home/home/modules/Forums/images/avatars/17519959544207577082578.jpg.

EDIT:- managed to fix it, i needed to add the root dir. but forgot to put the forward slash infront of the root dir, so now its all working:D

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:22 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts

navoi

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:23 pm Reply with quote

"You have to use MyphpAdmin to create the NukeCMS tables and import the phpBB data into the new tables."

Sorry to dig up such an old topic, but I need to do this pretty badly.

Now how do I accomplish this little task?

Currently, I have a database for phpbb (phpb1) and one for PhpNuke (nuke1). The thing I'm not completely sure about is how to either combine these two or add one to the other with out tons of work.

I hate to be a bother - I'm completely new to PHP and all this stuff. If you could just point me in the direction of a simple MyphpAdmin tutorial, i'd be happy.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:56 pm Reply with quote

make a backup of the smallest of the two and use the backup to load the tables where the other ones are.

Viper_0000

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:21 am Reply with quote

Originally I was using IPBNuke, but then I realized i wanted to convert it to phpnuke 7.7, since it was just released. So i convereted the IPBNuke forums into phpbb 2.0.14 , now everything works great there is ABSOLUTELY NO ERRORS. But then when i try to convert it into phpnuke 7.7 it works great ABSOLUTELY NO ERRORS. So i say to myself "OMG THANK YOU IT WORKS" but all of MY posts aren't working properly they're all there but they're showing as guest and not my user name Viper_0000 plus it creates a new user called "Anonymous" and it says Anoymous has 14 posts. So basiclly I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to convert not only everyones posts correctly with there usernames but also MY posts with my registered user Viper_0000.

Last edited by Viper_0000 on Sun May 15, 2005 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
chatserv

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:31 am Reply with quote

The data must be imported into a Nuke site with no users, when you first load Nuke it asks you to create an admin user and gives you the option of creating a normal user with the same login data, don't.

Viper_0000

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I know. I've done that before, that doesn't work either.

Last edited by Viper_0000 on Sun May 15, 2005 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:31 am Reply with quote

Make sure anonymous has a userid of -1 or 0. Then, through Forum Management, resync each forum.

Viper_0000

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:39 am Reply with quote

I though that was the problem after reading multiple forums talking about that. But I don't know how to do that unfortuantely... So could you give me a a little 3 line tutorial on doing that Razz

PS: This help is very appreciated

/me keeps refreshing waitinf for a reply excitedly

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 10:57 am Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin and edit the nuke_users table. The first record should be Anonymous. Actually, the id can be -1, 0, 1, depending on what version on phpbb and nuke. Check the id. If the id is zero or -1, try making it 1, as long as there isn't a user already with 1.

To resync:
From nuke ACP, select Forums
From Forums ACP, select Management, under Forum Admin
To the far right of each forum you should se a hyperlink called Resync. Go right down the list and resync each forum.

navoi

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote

Gracias, its working quite well now.
It is doing some strange things. I have a board for the members of our matrix online faction that I can add by putting them in a user group. The board is not showing up regularly and it takes several refreshes to get it to show. Any ideas?

Viper_0000

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote

I don't see any mysql tables involving the word Anonymous anywhere, i don't see it under nuke_users... I'm so close to getting this working Argh...

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Manually add a user named Anonymous with an id of 1, or if 1 is taken, try 0.

Viper_0000

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Hmm, this is really starting to tick me off no matter what I do I cannot get this working. Would it be possible for you to do it if I gave you the sql so "you" could convert it to any version to phpnuke, and from there I'd be able to convert to phpnuke or phpnuke platinum.

I have PM'd the sql file to you, and I'll leave it up to you if you decide on converting it for me.

All responses are appreciated.

This is really getting frustrating, because of how close I am to getting this to work. It's only ONE user that isn't getting transfered and that's the person who OWNS the d*** site.

If anyone wants to help here's the sql's.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - PHPBB
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - PHPNUKE 7.7 (No users/content added).

aphexz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:00 am Reply with quote

Hi,
i´ve read this thread completely and it helped me in some cases, but there are still some big problems after my phpbb-into-phpnuke(platinum7.6DE2).
I hope some guys here can help me.

First Problem (biggest Problem):
When i want to reply to an posted thread and i press the reply-button, the following error shows: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: word_wrap_pass() in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/topic_review.php on line 218"
- users can't post replies, but they can start new topics without problems.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Prob:
In Internet-Explorer and Opera the Forum runs without showing any errors, but when i view it in firefox, it shows me the errors "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/sessions.php on line 240

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/sessions.php on line 241
" over the information which module is viewed and under it (above the forums functions like search, members, faq, etc.) the following errors are shown: "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/page_header.php on line 633

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/page_header.php on line 639

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/page_header.php on line 640"

This Problem is only on firefox, very strange.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Prob:
When i use the login on the bottom of the forums, no forum is show, but the following erros:
"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/sessions.php on line 240

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/sessions.php on line 241

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/sessions.php on line 240

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/header.php:55) in /var/www/html/web137/html/ulcms/includes/functions.php on line 881"

...and i'm not logged in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Prob:
in the "who is online" statusbar on the bottom of the forums, every user, that was registered in the old forums (phpbb) is now in the color of Administrator", users of the nukesystem are showen correctly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope someone can help me, it's very important. For making yourself a picture of the problems please look at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Thank you.

mfg Christian

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:11 am Reply with quote

Mad Did you read your Welcome PM Wink ? #2 and #3 are answered in the Site FAQ.

aphexz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:41 am Reply with quote

First, thank you for the fast answer. Sorry, i haven't read the pn, yet. But i'll do it immediatelly.

Fixing #2 like described in the faq i tried before i posted this thread and it don't work in my case.

Do you have any ideas for #1? Because, thats the most important.

mfg Christian

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:50 am Reply with quote

aphexz wrote:
Fixing #2 like described in the faq i tried before i posted this thread and it don't work in my case.

Make sure that GZIP is turned off in your Forum ACP. You added that line into .htaccess and it didn't work? That's suspicious. Try adding it again and then run a phpinfo() to verify that the Local value for output_buffering is set to On.

On #1 I don't have any thoughts. I have never even looked at NukePlatinum, But one of the Moderators knows it intimately. He'll be on a little later. I'll also PM him to check this thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic