Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
GRebel

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:16 am Reply with quote

Hi All!

I installed Nuke Sentinel to a php Nuke 7.7 Patched 3.0 Site. Thing is I don't see my name listed in the Nuke Sentinel Admin Auth List. Actually there is nothing there are no admins listed under Admin Auth List. Is the GOD Admin supposed to be listed there? The reason I ask is because I can't save any of my changes to Nuke Sentinel. Can someone help me work this out, please?

Thanks...

GRebel

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote

If nothing gets saved, then it doesn't sound like the tables got installed correctly. Try running nsnst.php again.

GRebel

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

I fixed it right after I posted my message after messing with HTTP Auth Configuration and .htaccess settings also setting up .staccess. I then installed the tables running nsnst.php and it seems to have done the trick. Now, what's the best way to test to see that Nuke Sentinel is working? I think what I'll do is run some tests from a different computer and if it gets banned then I know it's working. What tests do you suggest for this?

Thanks...

GRebel

GRebel

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:43 pm Reply with quote

Hi Again Raven,

Ok I tested Nuke Sentinel and it blocked my friend's I.P. It updated the blocks as well, but I didn't receive an e-mail. In the Nuke Sentinel configuration I have the email field set to my god admin's e-mail. Is this wrong because it is kind of redundant. Should I have it e-mail a different e-mail entirely and then it will work? I'll get the e-mails. Or what do you suggest in this situation.

Sincerely,

GRebel

Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote

As long as it's a valid email and you have the setting to email, it should email.

GRebel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:54 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

Thanks for your continued help. Does the e-mail address have to be set in Sentinel in the Configuration where there is a box for it? I'm just wondering about this because my GOD account is the only one with access to Sentinel right now and that GOD account has my e-mail address attached to it. Does it e-mail itself? Like send an e-mail from the GOD account's e-mail to the GOD accounts e-mail? Or basically how does this work? The way I have things setup now, I have of course the e-mail for the GOD account in the database and in Sentinel's Configuration I have the e-mail set to the GOD account. And then in the options for protection I have it set to block, e-mail, and forward. Is this the way it should be set up? Or do I even need the e-mail set in the Sentinel Configuration set to the GOD account, seeing how I might think it would default to that e-mail since it's the only account setup for Sentinel. I hope I'm not confusing you.

Thanks Raven.

GRebel

GRebel

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:50 am Reply with quote

Hi Raven!

This was found in my mail log after I had deliberatly tested my system to see if Nuke Sentinel was working, which it did, but I received no e-mail in response. Here's what I found in my mail log:

ENV_Script=/modules.php ENV_Remote=69.213.*.*
code here... == for div
** smtp server didn't accept RCPT To: command, replied "501 <div>: recipient address must contain a domain".

that's of course not the real i.p. cause it's masked. But, this seems like to me it was trying to send the mail to div, seeing that it says for div.

This is obviously a misconfiguration on my part right? Do I have to set SMTP up in the Forums in order for Nuke Sentinel to work. When this happened SMTP wasn't setup in my Forums. I just used default mailings with my e-mail address and it has been sending out activation e-mails to people beautifully. Works flawless. I just don't know if I have to have SMTP setup as well in order for it to work for Nuke Sentinel and that would be in Forum Configuration. I'm running php-Nuke v7.7 Patched to 3.0 with BBtoNuke 2.0.15.

Raven what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in Advance.

GRebel

Raven

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:54 am Reply with quote

Verify your email address in
ACP Preferences
and
ACP Edit Admins

GRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:43 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Verify your email address in
ACP Preferences
and
ACP Edit Admins

Thanks Raven. I'll do this and report back here my findings. If they match the e-mail address I want to be e-mailed. Then I'll just wait and see if it sends an e-mail next time.

--- GRebel

GRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven and All,

I checked my ACP Preferences and also ACP Edit Admins. In Preferences I have my e-mail set to my GOD Admin's e-mail, under the From field there I also have that set as my GOD Admin's e-mail (i.e. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]). This is the way it is set in both those places. Under ACP Edit Admins Settings For the GOD account the email is set for my GOD admin's e-mail. I also checked in the ACP Forums section under E-Mail Settings and for e-mail it is also set for my GOD admin's email. I then checked in the Nuke Sentinel Settings where there is only one place that I know of to place the e-mail in there under the settings and that is set to my GOD Admin's email. So if this is all correct then next time someone gets banned it should e-mail me. I'll wait and see what happens.

However I do have one question for you Raven, under the ACP Preferences Email From field should that just be my God admin's username like grebel and not [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]? The reason I ask about this is because I think I remember the default setting for it was webmaster.

Thanks,

--- GRebel

Raven

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:55 pm Reply with quote

It needs to be any valid email account. Just for curiosity, do you have the type block set to send an email?

GRebel

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
It needs to be any valid email account. Just for curiosity, do you have the type block set to send an email?

Hi again Raven,

Sorry it has taken me so long in getting back to you. I sort of slipped away for a bit. To answer your question, I think what you are asking here is do I have the type of blocks set in Nuke Sentinel set to E-Mail. Actually if this is what you are asking, yes I have each of the block types like c-like, union, and such set to e-mail, block, and forward. I think this is what you are asking here. If I'm mistaken, please let me know. Thanks once again for your help...

--- GRebel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic