Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
Zydor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:40 am Reply with quote

(Opps - Just realised - wrong Forum, apologies to Modorators, but I cant delete and redo ..... )

Health warning - Nuke Newbie Smile

Having a problem getting the above sorted out. Clean Sentinel V2.2.0 install on a new Platinum V7.6 (pl2.9) Site not yet live . The Sentinel install went fine no dramas. Opened up the module to start internal config and then the "fingers & Thumbs" problem started.

I cant seem to get the .htaccess, .staccess, Admin Auth List & relevant Path settings all working together as they should. If I have .htaccess & .staccess enabled and available in Site Root , when clicking on "Admin (PHP Nuke)" I get a 401 error after having had to enter what appears to be Directory level passwords 3 times.

401 Error :
(The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.46) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource)

I am certain its my use of the relevant config/.xxaccess settings thats doing it. Currently my .htaccess is as supplied except the htaccess file has the path to .staccess inserted. .staccess itself is blank. I would be grateful if someone could outline the correct use of .htaccess & .staccess, together with the correct settings for Admin Auth & the paths in Sentinel Admin.

(Admin password has been Set inside Sentinel)

Regards
Zy

Zydor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:10 am Reply with quote

Getting there, I have the username / password in set in .staccess, real path set for .st & .ht in Sentinal admin, Admin CGI Auth selected, admin password is set inside Sentinel.

I now get "Error 500 : Internal Server Error" whether I click on "save" inside Sentinel Admin, or whether I open up the site as me - in latter case dont see a thing, its an immediate Error 500 trying to access the Site.

So it looks as tho I have it correctly set now, I dont get password requests. However there is obviously some incompatibilities with the ISP Web Server.

The latter could be many obviously, but anyone any classic ideas before I ring them ? (they do run Apache)

Zy

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Mostly only see 500 errors when your trying to do something that is not enabled on the server. Or there is an actual serious script error. Check the error logs if you have access you might glean a little more information there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic