Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
Sfinxs
Client

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:23 pm Reply with quote

Anyone ever get this, its wierd cuz I see 483 guests currently online. I thought it was just not updating or something but thehn when I go to check statistics later I see in that hour I got 3500 hits. And my site is new no one really knows about it yet. Any idea?

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:12 am Reply with quote

That is a dos attack. There is not much you can do about that.

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:25 am Reply with quote

It is possible that your site was just discovered by Google and was indexing. Check your access log, via your cpanel, and see what it shows you.

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:03 am Reply with quote

I don t think so, that Google indexing your site. Or have you just submit your url ?Which IP´s have you found ?

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:11 am Reply with quote

FYI: Goolge - 66.196.x.x Yahoo - 68.142.x.x

When they hit my sites I often have between 400 and 500, so it's not uncommon.

I'm just saying it is a possibility.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote

I think its google because I saw google bot w/ 3000+ in cpanel traffic graphs thingy. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! I'm indexed. Thanks fellous. I'm in the process of submitting. Working on my meta now, that's first thing right? But what's the next step, use that submit search engine in cpanel?

Susann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:08 pm Reply with quote

Your forum is not up to date ! Do you know this ?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Greetz
Susann

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:44 am Reply with quote

A funny thing with all the flury around removing the Forum version number from the bottom of the Forums near the credits! When I have upgraded over the months, it never dawned on me to check the Forums copyright.php file! Sure enough, it very nicely displays the version!!! So, removing the version off the bottom of the Forums is worthless unless you also remove it from the copyright.php file.

Just thought I'd pass along that almost worthless piece of advice! Laughing

montego

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:10 am Reply with quote

I'll take any advice, even worthless ones are worth it to me thanks

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:55 pm Reply with quote

anyone willing to post their meta.php here so I can see? That would help me write my own meta. Thanks. Please only sites with a lot of hits Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote

Do a View Source on my home page, or any site for that matter to see what their meta is Smile

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:14 am Reply with quote

@Sfinxs
I really don`t know whats your problem with the meta tags is.It`s so easy and we talk about description , keywords and some other things about on page optimizing severall times.
Check your robots.txt too and think about your short title of your website. Smile

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quote

My problem is that, after changing the keywords, when I run the meta tag analyzer I get 57% keyword matching content, I still don't know where to change the title and description. I don't know what b tags and alts are (b for bold?). And lastly I don't know what to check my robots.txt for, it just says disallow a bunch of directories.

Susann

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote

Bang Head
forget the keyword matching content.Open the meta.php and change the title and description upload your meta.php again. Change the title and describtion also in the administration choose preferences and fill in the new Site Name:
For the forum site name also.
Many robots.txt are wrong. You can check the robots.txt syntax or not.
And if you don`t know that b is bold and strong is bold (and about H1 - H 6) so i quess you should learn a little bit html.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:38 pm Reply with quote

i changed descriptions, didn't see title in there so didn't change it. Uploaded meta. Changed title and descrition in admin and forum. Looked at robots.txt, don't know what to look for but the words look fine. Bolded all the keywords from my html page (only got 1). Alt tag all the image to say sonics (from my 1 html page). I don't worry about php pages right? So my all set w/ the meta. If so I will proceed to Google Tap.

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote

Use different words for the alt tags. That`s recommendable and no spam.
Now I understand your problem with the title.
So, use phpMyAdmin change your title in the table nuke_config there sitename. What happens ?

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:00 am Reply with quote

I see the sitename under nuke config. How do I change it. Do I click on the change button and replace field "site name" with the real title or do I type the title into the Default**

Susann

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:25 pm Reply with quote

If you don`t have a backup,first make a backup, if anything goes wrong you can restore !!
But its easy, under nuke_config value you see the sitename, the nukeurl and so on you add your words to the sitename or change it and select save and OK Button. That`s all.

Sfinxs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote

Does backing up waste storage space. So replace field "site name" with the title I want?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic